MY VIEW: READING V CARDIFF CITY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:56 pm

A game that saw both teams clinging on to increasing shrinking hopes of the Championship Play-off places started quite brightly for the Bluebirds but then saw Reading increasingly come in to the game from around the 20 minute mark; after which the Bluebirds seemed to run out of ideas for a while

Nothing much to write home about and a tame but not poor first half closed in stalemate

HALF-TIME SCORE: READING 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

I'm not too sure what happened during the half-time talk but Reading came flying out of the box and bossed the game without really threatening the City goal

City were forced to defend in numbers and a mighty battle ensued between Reading's impressive Meite and the City defence

The Bluebirds gradually got into thd game again and somewhat against the run of play got a (lucky IMHO) penalty, which Keiffer Moore got up to put in the back of the Reading net :clap:

Game over...or so we thought; but this is Cardiff City 2021and for the umpteenth time we gave it away

This isn't being negative, as we have well overachieved since Harris went but if the potential for a promotion season wasn't over in some minds before tonight, it cetainly is now

Time to plan ahead and focus on next season...

FINAL SCORE: READING 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY
City scorer: Keiffer Moore (pen)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: READING V CARDIFF CITY

Postby bluebirdrob » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Now we have got 4 games left to see if 3/4 younger players can do it at this level
Give them 60 mins from start of game. with a few more players.
The experienced players can hopefully guide them though the game.
bluebirdrob

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:38 am

bluebirdrob wrote:Now we have got 4 games left to see if 3/4 younger players can do it at this level

Yeah and get stuffed 4-0 against Brentford?
Not going to happen and rightly so.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 am

Chris, i said exactly the same to Ned.

I agree lately , well the last say 5 games we have lacked creativity and once again last night we created very little again.

Junior Hoilett, Mick seems to not like him??

Lee Tomlin should be now having at least 25mins (£28,000 a week), there must be a p[problem there??

Where are our exciting kids??

In February we were playing exciting football under Big Mick, why has he changed all that???

Football lately boring.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:Chris, i said exactly the same to Ned.

I agree lately , well the last say 5 games we have lacked creativity and once again last night we created very little again.

Lee Tomlin should be now having at least 25mins (£28,000 a week), there must be a p[problem there??

In February we were playing exciting football under Big Mick, why has he changed all that???

Football lately boring.

Maybe Mick needs to be his usual brusque self and tell us supporters what his thinking is for both the remainder of this season and (more importantly) for next

I'm not against Mick McCarthy. He saved our season and I like his character. But as always, supporters like to know the score; it's a hundred times better than allowing others to make it up... :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Chris, i said exactly the same to Ned.

Football lately boring.

Maybe Mick needs to be his usual brusque self and tell us supporters what his thinking is for both the remainder of this season and (more importantly) for next

I'm not against Mick McCarthy. He saved our season and I like his character. But as always, supporters like to know the score; it's a hundred times better than allowing others to make it up... :laughing6:

Can an old dog learn new tricks? At moment hes using old tricks upto the 70th minute likely last night... why not after 45 mins because he knew things needed changing if we were going to score because upto then was little chance of it happening we had same problem with NW! Brentford is not a game to put in another 2 or 3 youngsters in partly because it be tough game as it is and would youngsters benefit from chasing shadows which is likely against brentford? Not worried about next season but if the old dog doesn't have new tricks we will end up mid to top half in league but not top 6 as will draw to many games with his must not lose game plan...
pembroke allan

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:33 pm

Sven wrote:A game that saw both teams clinging on to increasing shrinking hopes of the Championship Play-off places started quite brightly for the Bluebirds but then saw Reading increasingly come in to the game from around the 20 minute mark; after which the Bluebirds seemed to run out of ideas for a while

Nothing much to write home about and a tame but not poor first half closed in stalemate

HALF-TIME SCORE: READING 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY

I'm not too sure what happened during the half-time talk but Reading came flying out of the box and bossed the game without really threatening the City goal

City were forced to defend in numbers and a mighty battle ensued between Reading's impressive Meite and the City defence

The Bluebirds gradually got into thd game again and somewhat against the run of play got a (lucky IMHO) penalty, which Keiffer Moore got up to put in the back of the Reading net :clap:

Game over...or so we thought; but this is Cardiff City 2021and for the umpteenth time we gave it away

This isn't being negative, as we have well overachieved since Harris went but if the potential for a promotion season wasn't over in some minds before tonight, it cetainly is now

Time to plan ahead and focus on next season...

FINAL SCORE: READING 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY
City scorer: Keiffer Moore (pen)

Final score was READING 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY Chris. :D
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Crayfish » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:36 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:Now we have got 4 games left to see if 3/4 younger players can do it at this level

What do you assume will happen if we did lose heavily to Brentford with some youngsters in the team. Do you think they are such snowflakes that they will run home to their mummies in tears vowing never to play football again because they lost to the nasty men from Bentford their careers in ruins because of that one defeat and that Mick McCarthy will have to live with the fact that he destroyed the careers of several youngsters before they even started. Maybe we could arrange a match against a girls school team so they can win heavily and get a confidence boost.
Crayfish

Postby Crayfish » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 pm

What do you assume will happen if we did lose heavily to Brentford with some youngsters in the team. Do you think they are such snowflakes that they will run home to their mummies in tears vowing never to play football again because they lost to the nasty men from Bentford their careers in ruins because of that one defeat and that Mick McCarthy will have to live with the fact that he destroyed the careers of several youngsters before they even started. Maybe we could arrange a match against a girls school team so they can win heavily and get a confidence boost.
Crayfish

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Crayfish wrote:

What the hell are you banging on about?
Where have I mentioned anything that your ridiculous diatribe is spouting on about?

You’ve made the whole thing up and you presume that’s what I think.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat