Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reading boss Veljko Paunovic said: "The result is

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:48 am

Reading boss Veljko Paunovic said:

"The result is not what we wanted. We are unhappy about it. We played a very solid game and confronted and matched their team well throughout the match.

"In the past we have struggled against a direct approach unfortunately we conceded the penalty that changed the game. They blocked and defended very well.

"After we conceded, the reaction and the composure didn't crumble. We understood it was time to put more numbers in attack even before their goal.

"I see a group of people who are 100% committed to help the team secure the play-offs. One point is not what we wanted but it's something."

Re: Reading boss Veljko Paunovic said: "The result is

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:49 am

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy told BBC Radio Wales Sport:

"I'm raging," the manager said. "That's how I'm feeling. I'm sick of conceding goals at half-time, full time, full time today.

"I said on Saturday that Blackburn, with their performance, they deserved it, but I'm not bothered about people deserving it, we shouldn't let them off the hook and we did.

"We have done it today. We've been terrific, we've blocked stuff, defended, caught them on the break, we could have scored a couple more in the second half.

"We just let our guard down - again. And I'm raging."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Reading boss Veljko Paunovic said: "The result is

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy told BBC Radio Wales Sport:

"I'm raging," the manager said. "That's how I'm feeling. I'm sick of conceding goals at half-time, full time, full time today.

"I said on Saturday that Blackburn, with their performance, they deserved it, but I'm not bothered about people deserving it, we shouldn't let them off the hook and we did.

"We have done it today. We've been terrific, we've blocked stuff, defended, caught them on the break, we could have scored a couple more in the second half.

"We just let our guard down - again. And I'm raging."

I wish he was raging about the lack of possession, creativity, game management and lack of his use of subs.