Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " European Super League has been confirmed "

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Fifa boss Gianni Infantino "strongly disapproves" of the breakaway European Super League and says the 12 clubs will have to "live with the consequences" of their decision to join.

"There is a lot to throw away for maybe a short-term financial gain for some," said Infantino.

"Either you are in or you are out."

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 pm

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has called an emergency meeting of the Premier League captains to discuss a response to the Super League.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:24 pm

Premier League statement:

The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition.

The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, Government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue.

The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Premier League statement:

The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition.

The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, Government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue.

The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people.

NED the gvmnt as also said they will make sure clubs cannot use the law to block attempts to ban clubs from leagues? This comes after it was revealed clubs could go to court using competitions commission rules to stay in leagues but boris said they will bring in laws to prevent this.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Looks like they've been prepared for the aggro..
BBC News - Super League files injunctions to stop club and player bans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56812844

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

NED the gvmnt as also said they will make sure clubs cannot use the law to block attempts to ban clubs from leagues? This comes after it was revealed clubs could go to court using competitions commission rules to stay in leagues but boris said they will bring in laws to prevent this.

These clubs are fighting the authorities, governments and supporters over this.

The 12 clubs might have a lot of money, but I'm not sure they'll win legally.

The big part of that statement of the Premier League statement is where they say the six clubs will be held to account.

PL set to ask Big 6 to leave

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:09 pm

According to The Sun a meeting was held by the 14 other PL clubs and they are all agreed that the way forward is to ask the big 6 to leave at the end of the season

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14702414/big-six-premier-league-exit/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook190421&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1618868185

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The big part of that statement of the Premier League statement is where they say the six clubs will be held to account.

This bit concerns me it comes from the 14 clubs? We want the 6 to stay in premier league but not the executives? Whilst they reject E.S.L they are leaving door open which to me is a dangerous thing and this is what E.S.L want a way to sort of blackmail clubs into signing more power/money to these clubs like the big picture idea last year ...
Ps legal discussion is taking place as to if UEFA/FIFA can ban them from this years euro cups and players from competitions.. watch this space.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This bit concerns me it comes from the 14 clubs? We want the 6 to stay in premier league but not the executives? Whilst they reject E.S.L they are leaving door open which to me is a dangerous thing and this is what E.S.L want a way to sort of blackmail clubs into signing more power/money to these clubs like the big picture idea last year ...

I think once they're gone, they won't be invited back.

I honestly don't see any of the organisations giving these twelve clubs more money to stop this happening.

If this was all kept in-house then that might have been possible. But it's far too public now.

Re: PL set to ask Big 6 to leave

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:24 pm

snoopystorm wrote:According to The Sun a meeting was held by the 14 other PL clubs and they are all agreed that the way forward is to ask the big 6 to leave at the end of the season

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14702414/big-six-premier-league-exit/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook190421&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1618868185

This doesn't surprise me, if true.

I think a lot of people would support this at the moment as well.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I honestly don't see any of the organisations giving these twelve clubs more money to stop this happening.

If this was all kept in-house then that might have been possible. But it's far too public now.

Well they managed to manipulate more money from overseas tv rights! ...... Perez at real gave game away with his statement in TV interview they have lost millions and they want to maximise income from E.S.L as cannot get it any other way.... but its yanks doing this and maybe clubs will think twice before getting taken over by them in future? Let's hope the authorities stand form and take it all the way of banishing these clubs from our leagues

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Well they managed to manipulate more money from overseas tv rights! ...... Perez at real gave game away with his statement in TV interview they have lost millions and they want to maximise income from E.S.L as cannot get it any other way.... but its yanks doing this and maybe clubs will think twice before getting taken over by them in future? Let's hope the authorities stand form and take it all the way of banishing these clubs from our leagues

I can't see either side backing down now.

Most likely conclusion is that clubs are kicked out of their leagues.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Madrid court as placed temporary block on UEFA FIFA from stopping E.S.L going ahead until it takes full look at E.S.L case...... is this sign that E S.L have found a friendly court to block authorities from acting ? Presume it doesnt have jurisdiction in uk.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Madrid court as placed temporary block on UEFA FIFA from stopping E.S.L going ahead until it takes full look at E.S.L case...... is this sign that E S.L have found a friendly court to block authorities from acting ? Presume it doesnt have jurisdiction in uk.

As you've said, there's a clause in the Premier League contract where they have to give permission or teams will be excluded.

So don't think it can possibly legally apply in the UK.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Boris Johnson has held talks with the Premier League and the FA today.

Said he'll do whatever it takes to stop this happening.

I think governments and the rest of the footballing authorities, together with fans, Leagues and the other clubs all working together will stop this, I don't think they would have expected such a unified backlash.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Surely it’s up to the premier league who they let in? So a can a lawyer force them to keep sides in? With brexit we can now, if our mps want, create whatever law they want to stop it happening regards the 6 English clubs. So if they are stopped would the super league have the same draw? PSG Bayern etc are still massive pulls for the champions league so they can stay put

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

As you've said, there's a clause in the Premier League contract where they have to give permission or teams will be excluded.

So don't think it can possibly legally apply in the UK.

It's about preventing E.S.L going ahead... in case of uk it will be about kicking out teams from premier league which as far as can see they can be because of the rules inforce... E.S.L did day they would vigorously use law to get this done and looks like started the process.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Ban the 6 from premier and fa cup with no way of returning at any time in the future they' ll soon get p.ss.d off having no fans wanting to travel abroad to see there team . play

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:35 pm

So these other 5 teams they want to invite in.

What happens if a of the founding clubs finish below them in the league but the founding clubs can’t be relegated?

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Something they may gave not considered is we are now a sovereign state so not under EU laws? If boris is true to his word we can put in things that would stop this in its tracks and fck all E.S.L can do about it.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm

The government is considering implementing the German “50+1” fan ownership model

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The government is considering implementing the German “50+1” fan ownership model

Wont work here premier league to successful and different financial model... tbh it's a sure way to drive more attempts to break away in future

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm

BREAKING:

CHELSEA SAY THEY ARE PULLING OUT OF THE SUPER LEAGUE

BUT PEREZ SAYS THEY CAN'T BECAUSE ALL THE CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN SIGNED

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Protests going on outside Stamford Bridge before Chelsea's game against Brighton tonight

Re: Updated " European Super League confirmed "

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm

It this all falls apart now, I hope people don't just forget about it.

Never forget what these clubs tried to do to football.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Protests going on outside Stamford Bridge before Chelsea's game against Brighton tonight

Breaking news CHELSEA
are preparing documents to facilitate withdrawal from E.S.L could be the beginning of the end:thumb

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:BREAKING:

CHELSEA SAY THEY ARE PULLING OUT OF THE SUPER LEAGUE

BUT PEREZ SAYS THEY CAN'T BECAUSE ALL THE CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN SIGNED

Who the fck is this idiot? Was a letter of intent not a solid agreement :old:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 pm

MANCHESTER CITY ARE ALSO SET TO WITHDRAW

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:MANCHESTER CITY ARE ALSO SET TO WITHDRAW

Funny it's the non yanks that are dropping out..

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:MANCHESTER CITY ARE ALSO SET TO WITHDRAW

Funny it's the non yanks that are dropping out..

Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have also withdrawn....