Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " European Super League to be announced tonight "

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:46 pm

theclaw wrote:Wont happen

:thumbright:

Re: BREAKING " SUPER LEAGUE OFF / CLUB OFFICIALS RESIGN "

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:48 pm

I thought the super league was going to be a league format not a knockout competition...Citeh and chelski knocked out before the spud or goners, perhaps it was the beginning of a new dawn after all ;)

Still need to be banned from next year champions league as punishment, but financial self interest will make this episode quickly disappear

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Manchester City have confirmed they have formally enacted the process of withdrawing from the Super League.

tbh mate i think some clubs were IN for fear of being left OUT and missing the boat...

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:44 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Manchester City have confirmed they have formally enacted the process of withdrawing from the Super League.

tbh mate i think some clubs were IN for fear of being left OUT and missing the boat...

Yeah, it seems Man City and Chelsea fell into that category.

Both were said to be unsure but also didn't want to be left behind.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 pm

Now confirmed.

All six English teams have left the Super League.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 pm

:wave:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Now confirmed.

Clever people as knew they were screwed once boris said would use laws to prevent E.S.L that's something I don't think they envisaged and its something they could not fight in court as we are not in EU? so can do what we want like visas and work permit restrictions which was amongst things mentioned. Wonder how many new owners we will have in next 12mnths.. :mrgreen:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Clever people as knew they were screwed once boris said would use laws to prevent E.S.L that's something I don't think they envisaged and its something they could not fight in court as we are not in EU? so can do what we want like visas and work permit restrictions which was amongst things mentioned. Wonder how many new owners we will have in next 12mnths.. :mrgreen:

Own Goal ;)

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:56 am

pembroke allan wrote:

The Glazers will sell Man Utd and FSG will sell Liverpool, I'm almost certain of that.

Now they see that nobody in this country will let them do something like this, they'll have no interest in staying.

Kroenke at Arsenal will possibly go as well.

Not so sure about the other three.

Abramovich didn't want to be left behind and he's been at Chelsea for that long, I don't think he's ready to walk away.

Similar with Manchester City's owners. Like I said earlier in this topic, they have invested ridiculous money into the west side of Manchester and the community. Can't see them going anywhere.

Levy at Spurs is the odd one out in all this, in that he's British. I can't see him going anywhere, been there over 20 years now.

The two in the UK who really wanted this to happen were the Glazers and FSG. They'll sell up now.

Those two are really going to have their fans turn on them.

The Glazers got away with a lot for a long time because on the pitch, Sir Alex Ferguson bailed them out by constantly getting them their Champions League money. When he retired, that stopped happening regularly. Their fans have slowly been turning on them in bigger numbers and these last couple of days will have been the final straw.

FSG for similar reasons. Liverpool have been hugely successful on the pitch recently. But their fans credit Jurgen Klopp for that, not the owners. There has been criticism from larger sections of their fanbase in recent month. These events will have increased that significantly.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:19 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah, it seems Man City and Chelsea fell into that category.

Both were said to be unsure but also didn't want to be left behind.

equally there have been some club chairmen / owners having meltdowns who would have jumped at the chance of being in the 6 themselves....

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:40 am

I hope those clubs get punished for this. Sorry isn’t enough. I would relegate them but that won’t happen. A transfer ban between those clubs and a 10 point deduction wouldn’t be inappropriate.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Levy at Spurs is the odd one out in all this, in that he's British. I can't see him going anywhere, been there over 20 years now.

He's the 'odd one out' if we're playing the odd one out game cos he don't own Spurs :roll:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:15 pm

I wasn’t particularly impressed by the comments made by Bale’s agent last night (on BBC Wales evening news). He said that he would explore every legal avenue to ensure that Bale could still play for Wales. No mention from him or Bale (unless I missed it) expressing their disapproval of the ESL ( other players like Rashford and Henderson did). Seemed wrong to me. Bale could have said if he cared that much that he wouldn’t play in those circumstances?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:32 pm

ThomasC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

He's the 'odd one out' if we're playing the odd one out game cos he don't own Spurs :roll:

Fair point.

Admit that I didn't know that.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Fair point.

Admit that I didn't know that.

Yeah a lot of people think that Levy is the owner but Joe Lewis owns the club and he’s based in the Bahamas or on his super yacht somewhere.

Levy is the chairman.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:52 am

Perez did a other interview tonight.

Said that the Super League will come back.

Said the Premier League clubs were put under a lot of pressure to pull out. One of them were always unsure and dragged the rest out with them.

Basically, talking his usual rubbish.

Bloke needs to be put in a home.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:12 pm

From Super League to ... Super Exit ;)