Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you walk away

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 am

From football all together if this super League goes ahead.

Re: Will you walk away

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:56 am

ion wrote:From football all together if this super League goes ahead.

Why would fans of any other team walk away? Its not our club that are doing it. If they form the league they will be kicked out of the prem. Revenue will significantly drop and there would be a major restructuring needed at all clubs. Some clubs will fall, some will rise. Some teams in the prem would obviously have an advantage but it would probably create a more level playing field. The money in football has become absolutely mental. This could be a blessing in disguise and a great opportunity to sort football out.

I still don't think it'll happen though.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:15 am

Nah it doesn't affect us, I wouldn't want to watch the new league though.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:17 am

No? Why would I?

It's not Cardiff City who will be on an exclusive streaming platform or playing an extra 18 Tuesday/Wednesday night games in a season. We will probably become a fair bit poorer financially but that will be consistent with every team outside the big 6. Football will largely stay the same for us.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:38 am

I fell out of love with football years ago because of how much the money has ruined the sport. This is just the pinnacle of where things have been heading. I'll always support Cardiff City though.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 pm

It does dont really bother me, as My Club is Cardiff City and thats who I want to watch no matter who the opposition is :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: Will you walk away -MAXIMUN WAGE NECESSARY

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Bosman Ruling ultimately the downfall of football - nothing was done about transfer fees - contract effectively was a leasing of a player - the fee was set as if the player was owned- we know on a five year deal after three years it's more demands via agents - plus their percentages - contracts having to be paid off in full or stuck with depreciating assett - A maximum wage should have been reintroduced agreed enforced bu UEFA - any breaches side deals heavy punishment - Image Rights again a huge sum of money - no wonder even the big clubs are not making money ! -If the deal went through players would want more !!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Bluebina wrote:

It will affect us massively financially.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:36 pm

You started the thread, so will you...???? :?

Or you sitting on the (proverbial) fence waiting to see which way you need to fall? :roll:

For the record, I won't 'walk away' but I agree with nubbsy that it isn't the same as it was... :cry:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Ned, this is the bit lots don't understand... :(

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:56 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Chris, some people seem to think this is only going to affect the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and European competitions.

But it will affect all clubs all the way down the pyramid. The financial implications will be huge.

It needs to be stopped.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Chris, some people seem to think this is only going to affect the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and European competitions.

But it will affect all clubs all the way down the pyramid. The financial implications will be huge.

It needs to be stopped.

It 100% does; for the sake of all... :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:18 pm

Deffo not as a Ccfc fan.
Can’t say I’d be watching the European league. Both out of principle and lack of interest.
Tbh I hardly watch any footy now apart from Ccfc - which I have always loved.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Deffo not as a Ccfc fan.
Can’t say I’d be watching the European league. Both out of principle and lack of interest.

Andrew, it's no coincidence that as more and more football has been aired 'live', I have watched less and less

It's no longer an occasional pleasure for the big events (e.g. European and home cup finals and play-offs, etc.) but a saturation to the point it's almost invisible by its constant presence; a bit like Coronation Street :laughing6: )

I still love watch the Bluebirds either at the stadium (remember those days?) or on TV but not the rest. Nowadays I have better things to do...

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Deffo not as a Ccfc fan.

Andrew, it's no coincidence that as more and more football has been aired 'live', I have watched less and less

It's no longer an occasional pleasure for the big events (e.g. European and home cup finals and play-offs, etc.) but a saturation to the point it's almost invisible by its constant presence; a bit like Coronation Street :laughing6: )

I still love watch the Bluebirds either at the stadium (remember those days?) or on TV but not the rest. Nowadays I have better things to do...

Same here I used to be obsessed now I hardly watch the Premier games it's getting less and less each year, and the Champions League FA cup the lot, bar City :thumbup:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:01 pm

I'm getting a bit of hope that it won't happen, even governments are trying to stop it :ayatollah: :occasion5:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:27 pm

It died years ago . The game I loved is not the same. Go bust and start again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Na I won't walk away ,just wanted to know people's feelings on what's happening,how many fans watch there team in the lower leagues thought with the prospect there team may one day play Liverpool etc if they get to the prem

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:02 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Deffo not as a Ccfc fan.

100% agree Chris.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:07 pm

:wave:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:32 pm

I have walked away from football anyway. I have watched one game in the last year and that was Partizan V Red Star Gypos. Football isn’t for the average man no more, full of greed politics and players that have their heads shoved up there own arseholes.