Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Thomas Frank / Mick McCarthy “

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:10 am

Brentford manager Thomas Frank:

"Preston, Millwall and Cardiff are similar, it's a 5-3-2, it's high-energy pressing and playing behind us.

"We need to deal with second balls and then we need to open up that second block of players.

"I also think the quality in players go up from Preston to Millwall to Cardiff. So it's a task, a big task ahead of us, but we are ready for that.

"But the quality to get that right is not just about snapping your finger, it's about quality on the day, if the players have got it or not got it, then it's up to us to find a solution to hurt them either on the side or in behind them."

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"I've had a terrific response, we've had a terrific response. I'm proud of the way the lads have gone about it.

"It shouldn't be one minute in the last minute that takes away all that and it doesn't, the way they played and they were committed to it.

"When I sit down and analyse it, I feel like we've lost and the players feel the same and I'm glad they feel the same. They are disappointed with it.

"But it comes around quick. But if you drop your guard against good teams you are going to get punished. So we'd better not drop our guard against Brentford or we will be in serious trouble."