Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Have Waited For The Season To End.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:00 pm

Before extending his contract.

Re: Should Have Waited For The Season To End.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:58 pm

nobby wrote:Before extending his contract.

3 defeats since came in is that bad enough not to give him contract end season? We Played ok tonight so why not give him contract at least almost certainly wont be relegated.. :thumbup:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:10 pm

Let's go back to were we were at the time when MM came in - Not looking good was it ???

Unless VT said keep us up and you will get ££££ - then Go - For me he and his team have earned that contract .

We are still in the Championship - Give the guy a chance and see where we go from here :bluebird:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:30 pm

A few of us said that at the time, mate; if only to keep everyone hungry...

Otherwise, I'm still behind him to sort it out in the close sason :thumbright:

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's go back to were we were at the time when MM came in - Not looking good was it ???

Unless VT said keep us up and you will get ££££ - then Go - For me he and his team have earned that contract .

We are still in the Championship - Give the guy a chance and see where we go from here :bluebird:

The problem will be trying to move on well-paid bang average players who offer very little but are still under contract

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:02 am

Can see your point but I support him staying.

Did anyone genuinely think that when he came in we would have a chance of the play-offs? Or if anyone had taken over at that point?

No, they didn't.

I said when he was appointed that if he can take us to mid-table and kept us out of a relegation fight then he would have done a good job.

He's done that and we can look ahead to next season.

If we're not around the top six area after 10-12 games next season then it's fair to ask questions of him.

But I think he's earned the right to lead us into next season.

I do find it strange that people are making these sorts of comments after drawing away at Brentford.

We played relatively well, had a few chances and limited them to few opportunities. If it wasn't for a goalkeeping error, we would have won away at the team who are 3rd in the league.

Let's not forget that Brentford are a very good team who are much better than us, whoever the manager is.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:15 am

depends really what your expectations were....
i was more than happy to be pulling away from relegation...

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:25 am

Since MM came in we have averaged 1.68 points per game . The usual average points for promotion is 2 !
So I think he's done a pretty good job . He also got us into the top 6 . Who would have thought that , when we were on 29 points after 22 games under NH ?
Losing NH last 6 games in a row , didnt help . That wouldnt have happened under MM and TC .

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:17 am

Good decision for me.

He’s done very well since coming in, and looks the right fit for the club. His stock was quite high when we went on that winning run, and no doubt other clubs would have been interested. A good pre season and a few new signings, I truly think we’ll be a top six side next season.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:22 am

Not particularly optimistic with the direction hell take us. But can't really argue that he doesn't deserve the extension. He has done what he was brought in to do.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 am

Big Mick 100% deserved to be given a contract. :thumbright:

He saved us 100% from a relaxation battle :thumbright: :bluebird:

Possibly relegation.

Got the fans belong again.

Took us on an incredible run :bluebird: :bluebird:

Beat the Jacks as we were def on to a loser under Harris and they would of had the first double .

At least Mick will stand up a bit more to the CCFC COMMITTEE unlike yes man Neil Harris.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Perhaps someone should have told Alan Parry and Lee Hendrie that before they commentated on last nights game. :roll:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Mick deserves a full season after what he has done. Definitely not perfect takes too long to are subs. Seems to have faves like most managers but overall deserves a shot and shaping a squad of his.this isn't his players let's not forget. He has my full support right now

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:11 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Mick deserves a full season after what he has done. Definitely not perfect takes too long to are subs. Seems to have faves like most managers but overall deserves a shot and shaping a squad of his.this isn't his players let's not forget. He has my full support right now

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:17 am

7777 glt wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's go back to were we were at the time when MM came in - Not looking good was it ???

The problem will be trying to move on well-paid bang average players who offer very little but are still under contract

Seems to be the same story every single window...

Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:00 am

Danny Says wrote:Perhaps someone should have told Alan Parry and Lee Hendrie that before they commentated on last nights game. :roll:

They had a lot of praise for city especially going forward! Not sure how many supporters commenting on game actually saw it judging by the comments. :?

Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:38 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Perhaps someone should have told Alan Parry and Lee Hendrie that before they commentated on last nights game. :roll:

They had a lot of praise for city especially going forward! Not sure how many supporters commenting on game actually saw it judging by the comments. :?

you might have something there....

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:54 pm

Anyone changed their mind yet ??

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:57 pm

nobby wrote:Anyone changed their mind yet ??

Nope!

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:29 pm

Anyone would have thought we lost 6-0 to both Barnsley and Sutton.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:59 pm

one game in with a bunch of players unavailable.....?

Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:38 am

Why is there always such a lack of faith in our managers from section of the fans?

My expectation this year is a run at the play-offs, at worst we should be a comfortable top half finish. We have drawn 1-1 with one of the last seasons play-off teams and won a League Cup game, a competition on which results I never judge the manager as it is irrelevant.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:50 pm

skidemin wrote:

one game in with a bunch of players unavailable.....?

So your enjoying the football we play and the style that Mick is trying to establish.

I've watched this club since 1989, seen the shit times the awful times and the good times.

Mick is not the answer, I've said it from day one and stick to what I feel.

Everyone has their opinion and that's fair enough but if you think Big Mick is the man to take us further then your having a laugh, wait and see what happens and how we progress :laughing6:

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Anyone would have thought we lost 6-0 to both Barnsley and Sutton.

No I didnt think that Ned at all, I'm entitled to my opinion to and so are you.

The football we play is awful, the Barnsley game was awful and players playing out of position is even more embarrassing, but if you think we played well then good on you.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:55 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Why is there always such a lack of faith in our managers from section of the fans?

My expectation this year is a run at the play-offs, at worst we should be a comfortable top half finish. We have drawn 1-1 with one of the last seasons play-off teams and won a League Cup game, a competition on which results I never judge the manager as it is irrelevant.

Because the evidence is in front of your eyes, play offs lol your having a laugh. :laughing6:

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:45 am

Mick is an old school manager that knows the championship inside out ,we will be hard to beat and I'm fully expecting us to be near or in the playoffs at the end of the season, we have got a quality squad for this league. Not many teams have bought anyone either

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:45 am

mjw6150 wrote:Why is there always such a lack of faith in our managers from section of the fans?

Totally agree