Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Excellent article about ESL / UEFA / FIFA

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:52 pm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c436 ... hW-Botqrvk

I make no money from this link and it’s actually a good article not illiterate bollocks from global 24/7

Re: Excellent article about ESL / UEFA / FIFA

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 pm

maccydee wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c436340a-a1ec-11eb-b457-728758ee7665?shareToken=7bd7f316ed263d772544cffa50223eb4&fbclid=IwAR1GCrw6IL5kg1l0cHwsB7V2jf57MUEQWB2CRenv5yWt6y-qThW-Botqrvk

I make no money from this link and it’s actually a good article not illiterate bollocks from global 24/7

Good read but probably nothing we already knew regarding big clubs getting wealthier and how corrupt UEFA and FIFA are? But it didn't address the point that by the clubs leaving premier league the revenue would drop radically so affecting the pyramid system cash flow to extent that clubs probably div1 down would have to go part time at some point..... this is what the argument was about not clubs getting richer as that we already know.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:41 pm

maccydee wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c436340a-a1ec-11eb-b457-728758ee7665?shareToken=7bd7f316ed263d772544cffa50223eb4&fbclid=IwAR1GCrw6IL5kg1l0cHwsB7V2jf57MUEQWB2CRenv5yWt6y-qThW-Botqrvk

football needs a reset and has for a long time , how you go about that...dont know..
but a club like ourselves...20k STs at £ 300 = £6 mill = 6 players wages makes no sense..

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:19 pm

skidemin wrote:

football needs a reset and has for a long time , how you go about that...dont know..
but a club like ourselves...20k STs at £ 300 = £6 mill = 6 players wages makes no sense..

Got to wonder what's next these clubs are going to plot? Already talk of things need changing and can guess it wont be changed for the interests of clubs other than those top 6 by hook or crook they'll find a way to take bigger slice cake! Done it already with tv rights overseas .

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Sadly I don’t think the current football pyramid is sustainable.

Could probably lose 30 to 40 teams to make it more efficient.

Would hate to be a fan of one of those clubs though.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm

maccydee wrote:Sadly I don’t think the current football pyramid is sustainable.

Will go back to part time players rather than them going bust! But get impression that these clubs will try and bring in change to their advantage another way reading between the lines.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Will go back to part time players rather than them going bust! But get impression that these clubs will try and bring in change to their advantage another way reading between the lines.

The premier league teams are not the reason why so many lower level clubs are unsustainable.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The premier league teams are not the reason why so many lower level clubs are unsustainable.

of course they are.... you dont really think we would be paying players a million pounds plus a year if the bar was not so high in the prem... and the knock on is that clubs with ambition in lge1 will over stretch to bring and pay a couple of championship players to help achieve their goal..and the minute you do that all your others players at that club are thinking pay rise.... and on it goes.. the 30 ir 40.... are you talking lge clubs or the hundreds of clubs paying players to some extent at non lge ?