Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ken Choo ,Mehmet Dalman & Vincent Tan '

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Owner Vincent Tan has watched NO live Cardiff City games this season and only about 4 in well over 3 years.

Cardiff City CEO Ken Choo and Chairman Mehmet Dalman

Ken Choo lives very close to the Brentford stadium, but does attend virtually all City games as the paid CEO.

It's not often you see both Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman at a Cardiff City game, as the last 2 years since they both moved to London they are very rarely seen together at Cardiff game, but given the proximity of this game to London it was perhaps understandable.

Both Dalman and Choo now live in London full time and work there.

Dalman only last season was leaving Cardiff City to get involved with Charlton, only for it to fall through at the last minute.

They will be involved in this summer's plans and they got a very rare close-up view of the players at Brentford Community Stadium.

Cardiff have already been linked with a host of names this summer, and the pair will, of course, hold the key to making McCarthy's transfer wishes a reality.

No doubt they will have their own opinions after taking in this stalemate.

Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo are the main part of the Cardiff City Committee who do all the contracts, buying and final decisions of any players coming and going at Cardiff City.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Ken Choo ,Mehmet Dalman & Vincent Tan '

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:58 pm

Can’t blame him for the past 12 months as coming over to watch us isn’t exactly essential travel

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:04 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Can’t blame him for the past 12 months as coming over to watch us isn’t exactly essential travel

It is if it’s your business and it only became really strict 5 months ago.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:05 pm

So what you are saying is that he attended 4 games of the 2019/20 season between the August and Feb After than one of us have been able to watch the city live either Think you are being very hard mentioning 2 years with the covid restriction

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:14 pm

r Think you are being very hard mentioning 2 and 1/2 years with the covid restriction I have not been in 14 months and the same for everyone else Yes we know he does not attend on a regular basis but still puts his money in

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Abergavenny wrote:r Think you are being very hard mentioning 2 and 1/2 years with the covid restriction I have not been in 14 months and the same for everyone else Yes we know he does not attend on a regular basis but still puts his money in

Actually it’s over 3 years.

Just stating latest on our CCFC Committee :thumbright:

He lost interest nearly 2yrs before Covid and I am just stating exactly how our Committee see what’s going on at Cardiff City.

I even got back to Cardiff 5 times during Covid and we had heavy restrictions here.

I am only a fan and travel back to about 14 home games and about 10

Away games during the normal season.

Anyway what about our Chairman & CEO? ???

We all already knew Tan hardly came .

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Wonder how many chairmen living overseas actually go to games? There is a fair few in premier league and sure be others around the leagues that dont go.... but wasn't it said he watches all city's games via city tv like most overseas fans! so I'm sure he knows
how team is playing week by week ?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Wonder how many chairmen living overseas actually go to games? There is a fair few in premier league and sure be others around the leagues that dont go.... but wasn't it said he watches all city's games via city tv like most overseas fans! so I'm sure he knows

Allan,
Sam in 7 years Sam only missed about 9 games and saw over 100 Accademy games.

Allan, you know Tan has lost interest in us over 3yrs.

Funny when we were going up and especially in the Prem the first time around he was able to make nearly every game.

Anyway what about our Chairman & CEO? ???

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Wonder how many chairmen living overseas actually go to games? There is a fair few in premier league and sure be others around the leagues that dont go.... but wasn't it said he watches all city's games via city tv like most overseas fans! so I'm sure he knows

Very few if any.
I take an interest in Spurs and to see their owner at a match is rarer than rocking horse shit.

Ken Choo attends all City’s games.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:53 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Very few if any.
I take an interest in Spurs and to see their owner at a match is rarer than rocking horse shit.

Paul, yes he does as the paid CEO of Cardiff City, but moved to London 2 years ago to work in one of Tans businesses.

I would expect some of our committee to be closer to Cardiff like they use to be.
And hands on more, just my view :thumbright:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Very few if any.

Paul, yes he does as the paid CEO of Cardiff City, but moved to London 2 years ago to work in one of Tans businesses.

I would expect some of our committee to be closer to Cardiff like they use to be.

That’s correct mate, we used to be neighbours.
I don’t know about other committee members.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Very few if any.

That’s correct mate, we used to be neighbours.
I don’t know about other committee members.

Paul,

All I am saying after myself running 14 different successful business, in life you have to have a hands on approach and a few years ago there was at Cardiff City.
Cardiff City is a business to them and I just feel they have virtually distanced themselves and that for me is not good for our club.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:39 pm

After what some owners have done to their fans over the last couple of days, I don’t think we have anything to complain about.

Mr Tan has always been honourable in his dealings with the club. His one big mistake over the shirt change was rectified and he apologised for that. He is a very wealthy man who lives on the other side of the world - you can’t expect him to come over at the drop of a hat.

This owner and board are by no means perfect, but when you see what has happened at some other clubs we have nothing to complain about.

For example,the Glazers at Manchester United have given 1 interview in 14 years at the club. Now those are people who really think money first, fans later.

Be careful what you wish for.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:17 pm

bluebird58 wrote:After what some owners have done to their fans over the last couple of days, I don’t think we have anything to complain about.

Mr Tan has always been honourable in his dealings with the club. His one big mistake over the shirt change was rectified and he apologised for that. He is a very wealthy man who lives on the other side of the world - you can’t expect him to come over at the drop of a hat.

This owner and board are by no means perfect, but when you see what has happened at some other clubs we have nothing to complain about.

For example,the Glazers at Manchester United have given 1 interview in 14 years at the club. Now those are people who really think money first, fans later.

Be careful what you wish for.

For me Tan did worse than any other owner , stripped my club of its identity and pride and that for me is virtually killing your club.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Best thing they can do is tell McCarthy they won’t have any say in deciding any football decisions. Contracts and business dealings yes but anything to do with football per se they will stay totally out of the way. So if McCarthy wants player X but the board say they can’t afford him or his proposed contract is inappropriate then fair enough but if they say you should be looking at player Y instead then that shouldn’t happen.
McCarthy wouldn’t tell them who they should bring into their non football businesses as he knows noting about those businesses- the same applies to Choo & Dalman with football matters.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:37 am

This is just nonsense post, something to rant about hierarchy when they are doing their best... ffs look at what’s happened this past 15 months!

The dog has to let the bone go eventually :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:37 am

I think you are looking a this in the wrong way. City have a Manager not a first team coach, therefor managers identify who they would like to see as far as signings, first team coaches usually do not have the same autonomy on signings and work to a Director of Football. In the case of City the manager would Identify the potential signings and the Transfer committee would endorse the deal subject to the costs and the budget available. The actual footballing decisions are that of the manager. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:47 am

RYANBLUE wrote:This is just nonsense post, something to rant about hierarchy when they are doing their best... ffs look at what’s happened this past 15 months!

If it’s a nonsense post why you reading it Ryan and replying :lol:

I am allowed to give my update on our Committee am I not ?

And my view and feelings am I not or are you trying to be a dictator ?

Just like you post your stuff.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:This is just nonsense post, something to rant about hierarchy when they are doing their best... ffs look at what’s happened this past 15 months!

To be far to Ryan You could have worded the post so much better We know the issues that Tan has caused and many fans will never forgive him for it and that is their decision But let not say only 4 visits in last 2 1/2 years when none of us have been there for 15 months because of covid We all know you dislike of Tan but also be fair with your comments

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:54 am

Whistler wrote:I think you are looking a this in the wrong way. City have a Manager not a first team coach, therefor managers identify who they would like to see as far as signings, first team coaches usually do not have the same autonomy on signings and work to a Director of Football. In the case of City the manager would Identify the potential signings and the Transfer committee would endorse the deal subject to the costs and the budget available. The actual footballing decisions are that of the manager. :ayatollah:

Yes they did with Warnock, but with Harris and the signings of players like Watters they were more involved and also they were telling him they want our first team squad to include many of our older Accademy players in there now to save money , not on merit.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:55 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To be far to Ryan You could have worded the post so much better We know the issues that Tan has caused and many fans will never forgive him for it and that is their decision But let not say only 4 visits in last 2 1/2 years when none of us have been there for 15 months because of covid We all know you dislike of Tan but also be fair with your comments

Tan had before the virus only watched us 4 times in 2 yrs.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:19 am

My view.

I can understand why a wealthy owner living in Malaysia attends games in person infrequently. I also can understand why our CEO attends almost all games.

An owner of a business empire does not attend every single function carried out by each part of their business. They will attend (probably virtually) board meetings and important business related discussions. They empy people to run their businesses day to day - this is normal.

Did Vincent Tan make a mistake with changing the shirt colour and badge? Of course he did. But he rectified it.

Does he deserve to be continually hit over the head because he made that mistake? No!

If we can learn anything from the European Super League debacle its that owners typically do not understand football, nor their fans, nor indeed their employees.

Just my views - as a fan, human being and someone wishing for the abolition of the Senedd.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm

When Tan attended regularly he did so with multiple guests. It was funny to watch them all having their photographs taken with him and having their ipad or phone in front of their face taking pictures or videoing the game. Its what I imagine a Japanese fan going to old trafford for the one and only time does. Tan doesn't attend any more because he is not excited by it and because we are playing in blue. His guests had red blankets ffs! I don't really care whether Choo and Dalman attend or not. If they do I'm sure the fill in an expense form and fuel and overnight stay if there is one is paid for by us via the club anyway. If they do come it's only to save face and show a presence rather than with any passion for the game or outcome.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:When Tan attended regularly he did so with multiple guests. It was funny to watch them all having their photographs taken with him and having their ipad or phone in front of their face taking pictures or videoing the game. Its what I imagine a Japanese fan going to old trafford for the one and only time does. Tan doesn't attend any more because he is not excited by it and because we are playing in blue. His guests had red blankets ffs! I don't really care whether Choo and Dalman attend or not. If they do I'm sure the fill in an expense form and fuel and overnight stay if there is one is paid for by us via the club anyway. If they do come it's only to save face and show a presence rather than with any passion for the game or outcome.

So much truth in your post.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Any owners these days are in it for business and profit, we all slagged off the super league 6 but if CCFC had been in that top 6 they would have done exactly the same. The German model is the way forward, no more Glazers, Kroenkes, Tans, Hammam etc. Clubs need to be part owned by the fans just like Dortmund, Bayern and I believe one of the greatest stories is that of Union Berlin.

The only people who care about their clubs is the fans, not the players or owners, to them its a job or a business. If a player can get 40k a week and not play all season does he really care, course he does not, he isn't going to lose his job is he. I fully understand these owners trying to make a profit, that is what it is about to them. To me I love and hate the ups and downs, the 5-0 drubbings and the shock wins and a shitty wet night in some cold place.

Just my humble opinion of course. :bluebird: