Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last chance to return Italy v Wales tickets today

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Reluctantly I decided to return my Euro 20 Italy v Wales ticket today - deadline is 18:00 today.

Only 25% spectators are going to be allowed in to the Stadium (no indication who) and what with the uncertainty of travel and extra Covid costs, I thought it wasn't worth taking the chance.

It would have been my first Wales away trip too. :(

Re: Last chance to return Italy v Wales tickets today

Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:16 pm

Returned mine at first opportunity beginning of year,just too much unknown.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:46 pm

64Ninian wrote:Reluctantly I decided to return my Euro 20 Italy v Wales ticket today - deadline is 18:00 today.

Only 25% spectators are going to be allowed in to the Stadium (no indication who) and what with the uncertainty of travel and extra Covid costs, I thought it wasn't worth taking the chance.

mine went back last night..

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
64Ninian wrote:Reluctantly I decided to return my Euro 20 Italy v Wales ticket today - deadline is 18:00 today.

Tried to return my sons Baku tickets earlier but made a schoolboy error on the Central European time thing. Kept mine and the remaining tickets through to the final but have no idea how I'll get to Baku. I expect we'll be cut from the Italy allocation anyway.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:10 pm

The dream would be if UEFA turned around and said "perhaps playing a tournament across multiple countries isn't the greatest move right now" and changed the tournament to a UK wide one. London alone has the facilities to accommodate it and the vaccine roll out is miles ahead of other Euro host nations.

Unfortunately that'll never happen and what with Wembley hosting the Semis and Final I imagine it'll a long long time before the UK hosts another international tournament :(

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:31 pm

epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Tried to return my sons Baku tickets earlier but made a schoolboy error on the Central European time thing. Kept mine and the remaining tickets through to the final but have no idea how I'll get to Baku. I expect we'll be cut from the Italy allocation anyway.

we have kept our semi final and final tickets { not much chance i know } but seeing as UEFA have had my money since 2019 a few more months doesnt change a lot..and id be gutted should we have a good tournament having returned those.... the consensus was that there is so much uncertainty re foreign venues...some of us might get tickets in the draw others not...and our government can throw a quarantine whenever they choose its best left...hope you sort Baku out mate...

Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:12 pm

skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

we have kept our semi final and final tickets { not much chance i know } but seeing as UEFA have had my money since 2019 a few more months doesnt change a lot..and id be gutted should we have a good tournament having returned those.... the consensus was that there is so much uncertainty re foreign venues...some of us might get tickets in the draw others not...and our government can throw a quarantine whenever they choose its best left...hope you sort Baku out mate...

UEFA have cancelled all tickets beyond the group so if were to end up in Glasgow or Wembley in the knockout stages we'll both be in a fight with everyone else. More than a bit pissed off to be honest. Roll on Germany.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:40 pm

epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

UEFA have cancelled all tickets beyond the group so if were to end up in Glasgow or Wembley in the knockout stages we'll both be in a fight with everyone else. More than a bit pissed off to be honest. Roll on Germany.

is this today ?

because i had options to cancel game by game.....

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:51 pm

skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

is this today ?

Today. Going to be a right fight to get the few tickets available. It will be back to the original points criteria in effect, so not completely open.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:47 pm

epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

is this today ?

Today. Going to be a right fight to get the few tickets available. It will be back to the original points criteria in effect, so not completely open.

going to depend a lot on how much of the 25% capacity { if it is 25 } will be allocated to both sets of fans.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:50 pm

Ain’t Italy in lockdown!!

Pathetic by uefa . Watch this game be a closed shop for a handful of Italians.

Don’t get me started on Baku . Asia . End of

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:53 pm

Ain’t Italy in lockdown!!

Pathetic by uefa . Watch this game be a closed shop for a handful of Italians.

Don’t get me started on Baku . Asia . End of

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:11 am

EastShoreBlue wrote:The dream would be if UEFA turned around and said "perhaps playing a tournament across multiple countries isn't the greatest move right now" and changed the tournament to a UK wide one. London alone has the facilities to accommodate it and the vaccine roll out is miles ahead of other Euro host nations.

Unfortunately that'll never happen and what with Wembley hosting the Semis and Final I imagine it'll a long long time before the UK hosts another international tournament :(

Agree with your first bit and I'm a little surprised they haven't been tempted to use London as host for the entire tournament.

In that city there is Wembley, Olympic Stadium, Tottenham Stadium and Emirates Stadium. Those four are world-class stadiums. There's also the likes of Stamford Bridge, Brentford Stadium, Craven Cottage etc.

All those stadiums would be more than capable of hosting matches and have the capabilities for the necessary security requirements.

Not sure this will be the last time the UK hosts a tournament.

England are probably going to try and host the World Cup. They've had enough failed bids and will keep trying.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

is this today ?

Booked on with the organised trip in the end. First time I've been on my own since Bosnia and to be honest not looking forward to it. Quarantine will rule me out of Italy and R16 probably.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:51 am

Catching up with this. So uefa has set a deadline to return tickets even before they can tell ticket holders whether they will or won't be in say the 25% they hope to have inside stadiums?

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:00 pm

epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

is this today ?

Booked on with the organised trip in the end. First time I've been on my own since Bosnia and to be honest not looking forward to it. Quarantine will rule me out of Italy and R16 probably.

hope it all goes ok for you ..and that the quarantine rule changes....... ive had a confirmation email re the tickets i canceled ..but no notification of the final and semi final tickets being canceled by them....

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:03 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Catching up with this. So uefa has set a deadline to return tickets even before they can tell ticket holders whether they will or won't be in say the 25% they hope to have inside stadiums?

yep correct..