Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I’ve got a horrible feeling

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 pm

That MM will give Vassell a chance next year. He has already said he’s a good player. If he is seen as the back up to Moore we are in real trouble. It will be difficult to get rid of him as he has a long contract. If we can’t sell him loan him out as well as Tomlin. We don’t need Jonny Williams either. All three are injury prone. We need fit and committed players.

Re: I’ve got a horrible feeling

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:54 pm

Brezza wrote:That MM will give Vassell a chance next year. He has already said he’s a good player. If he is seen as the back up to Moore we are in real trouble. It will be difficult to get rid of him as he has a long contract. If we can’t sell him loan him out as well as Tomlin. We don’t need Jonny Williams either. All three are injury prone. We need fit and committed players.

so ...Mick thinking we have a good player that seems to be recovering from long term injury is horrible....
i wonder how many Liverpool fans would be horrified if Klopp said VVD is coming along fine and i think he is a good player... i hope he gets some good luck for a change...and tbh shoves it to his knockers..

Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:45 pm

skidemin wrote:
Brezza wrote:That MM will give Vassell a chance next year. He has already said he’s a good player. If he is seen as the back up to Moore we are in real trouble. It will be difficult to get rid of him as he has a long contract. If we can’t sell him loan him out as well as Tomlin. We don’t need Jonny Williams either. All three are injury prone. We need fit and committed players.

so ...Mick thinking we have a good player that seems to be recovering from long term injury is horrible....
i wonder how many Liverpool fans would be horrified if Klopp said VVD is coming along fine and i think he is a good player... i hope he gets some good luck for a change...and tbh shoves it to his knockers..

Me too, I don't think the boy went out of his way to get injured, but warnock gave him a four year contract, despite his injury record, he could at last make an impact, as can't see him being loaned out, especially with the financial situation from covid, unless we pay a chunk of his wages, when in that case we ,ay as well keep and play him.he could still come good, and whatever happens he is still a city player, tbh I can see a few of the bigger earners leaving, like Smithies, Hoilett pack etc, things will be tighter than for a number of years next season, for a big percentage of clubs, not just us. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:18 am

bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Me too, I don't think the boy went out of his way to get injured, but warnock gave him a four year contract, despite his injury record, he could at last make an impact, as can't see him being loaned out, especially with the financial situation from covid, unless we pay a chunk of his wages, when in that case we ,ay as well keep and play him.he could still come good, and whatever happens he is still a city player, tbh I can see a few of the bigger earners leaving, like Smithies, Hoilett pack etc, things will be tighter than for a number of years next season, for a big percentage of clubs, not just us. :old: :bluebird:

tis a 3 year contract ... so next season will be his last.. its frustrating but shit happens and not only to us...

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:42 am

skidemin wrote:

A Cardiff city fan wanting a ccfc player a full recovery and go on and have a fantastic season now that’s what I call a true fan :bluescarf: :thumbright: :thumbup:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:45 am

He will get a chance to see what he can do, but if he gets injured again he will be released!

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:23 am

If he's fit and available, why wouldn't he give him a chance? He's got pace, something the squad lacks. No one is going to buy tomlin or vassel due to their injury records. There is a chance of a loan, but that would mean they are fit enough to play. In which case, we will need their services given the size of the squad. Hoping we don't give Williams an extension though. We need better.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:33 am

He looked fine when he played, great header i think it was against Birmingham. I hope he gets a chance

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:51 am

Logie wrote:He looked fine when he played, great header i think it was against Birmingham. I hope he gets a chance

It was Luton. Last minute winner :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Igovernor wrote:He will get a chance to see what he can do, but if he gets injured again he will be released!

released is not in the equation...

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:25 pm

I don;t think anyone wants him to fail but his injury record was poor before he joined us and it hasn't improved. Some players have all the ability in the world but their bodies just can't take the physical side of the game.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:40 am

Logie wrote:He looked fine when he played, great header i think it was against Birmingham. I hope he gets a chance

That's true. I remember being at that match and it was a great header.

The only problem is that feels like about 15 years ago and he hasn't played since.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I don;t think anyone wants him to fail but his injury record was poor before he joined us and it hasn't improved. Some players have all the ability in the world but their bodies just can't take the physical side of the game.

he played something like 130 out of a possible 140 games prior to his ACL injury at Brum which isnt the record of a sicknote...he had a secondary injury which along with the ACL kept him out 14 months.... recovered and although being used mostly as a sub he went 6 months injury free prior to signing for us....at that point id imagine most would have no issues signing him providing he passed the medical .. now .having had a run of new injuries here its a different situation..