Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

94 years ago today

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:03 am

Cardiff won the fa cup . :bluescarf:

Re: 94 years ago today

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:21 am

Wa-hey... remember me old Grandad saying there were 300,000 on the streets when they came back and about 250,000 listening
in Pontcanna Fields..

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:05 am

darran1927 wrote:Cardiff won the fa cup . :bluescarf:

Fantastic; an historic day that made and continues to make history to this very day :notworthy:

Ironically, I was speaking to one of Fred Keenor's nephews (also a Chris and a decent player once on City's books) and we discussed the FA Cup Final and its impact on both Cardiff as a city and club :clap:

I'm sure we are STILL the ONLY club (and remember Scottish clubs entered in the early days) to have taken the world's oldest and most prestigious 'cup' out of England and almost brought the League title with us, too...

But Shhhhh, whisper it soft; as there are some down west who don't like to hear it... ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:24 am

Sven wrote:
darran1927 wrote:Cardiff won the fa cup . :bluescarf:

Fantastic; an historic day that made and continues to make history to this very day :notworthy:

Ironically, I was speaking to one of Fred Keenor's nephews (also a Chris and a decent player once on City's books) and we discussed the FA Cup Final and its impact on both Cardiff as a city and club :clap:

I'm sure we are STILL the ONLY club (and remember Scottish clubs entered in the early days) to have taken the world's oldest and most prestigious 'cup' out of England and almost brought the League title with us, too...

But Shhhhh, whisper it soft; as there are some down west who don't like to hear it... ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Did u know Leicester have been in more finals than anyone else without winning the cup? Shows what an achievement it was despite what others say.... :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:38 pm

Let’s hope we don’t have to wait another 94 years before we win it again! My grandfather always said his greatest day following the City was being at the FA final win at Wembley! Now we don’t even pick our first team to play in this competition! However we should have beaten Portsmouth in the final a few years ago! Let’s hope we get another final in our lifetime!

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm

:thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.