Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: KIEFFER MORE RESCUES CARDIFF v ALL BUT RELEGATED WY

Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:52 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

KIEFFER MORE RESCUES CARDIFF v ALL BUT RELEGATED WYCOMBE TODAY, CARDIFF MADE VERY HARD WORK OF FINALLY GETTING A WIN & 3PTS :thumbright:

KEITHER MOORE (SCORES 2) 20TH GOAL OF THE SEASON :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY COMMITTEE DO NOT SELL KIEFFER MOORE :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mathematically not relegated Wycombe, but they are if your honest.

Man of the match & season Kieffer Moore :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Kieffer Moore is the first Cardiff City play to score 20 goals in a season since Peter Whittingham in 2009/10 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

A win is win but we are not playing well.

Rock bottom of the Championship Wycombe.

In Cardiff City's last 10 league games Cardiff get their 2nd win.

I know some will have ago at me, but my view we have struggled badly in our last 10 matches :cry: :cry:
I was not impressed at all. :cry:

Eighteen-year-old Rubin Colwill was handed his first start for the Bluebirds, a proud day for him, in one of four changes for Mick McCarthy. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Captain Sean Morrison was back :thumbright: :bluebird:

First-half: Cardiff City dominated, but did not create enough clear chances and so it twas 1-1 h-t. even after Keither Moore had scored his 19th goal of the season and what a good goal it was :bluebird: :bluebird:

Second-half:

CARDIFF CITY 2 WYCOMBE WANDERERS 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:
H-T 1-1
Smithies; Nelson, Flint, Morrison; Ng, Pack, Ralls, Brown; Colwill, Murphy, Moore.

Subs: Phillips, Osei-Tutu, Vaulks, Bacuna, Williams, Ojo, Wilson, Harris, Watters.

Kieffer Moore picked the ball up on City's right, flicked it past one defender, cut inside another and absolutely rifled it into the bottom corner with his left foot. Emphatic finish.19th goal of the season, 1-0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Onyedinma nicks it past Morrison and the City skipper brings him down. Borne of a Perry Ng mistake. penalty Wycombe and bang 1-1 :cry:

Both clubs had 6 shots each.

H-T 1-1

Jordi Osei-Tutu came on for Perry Ng.

Double City sub.

Colwill off, Williams on.

Murphy off, Bacuna on.

Wycombe were doing all the attacking.

71st min:
GOAL! Cardiff City 2-1 Wycombe (Moore 71) :bluebird: :bluebird:
Moore strikes again!

The ball was floated in and Brown won the header, knocking it back across goal into a dangerous area. It fell to Moore and he lashed it home first time. :bluebird: :bluebird: 2-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

A win is a win, but City made hard work of it,

Will Vaulks on in the 92nd min sent off in 94th min :shock:

UP NEXT: BIRMINGHAM CITY c CARDIFF CITY SATURDAY 1ST MAY 3pm :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: KIEFFER MORE RESCUES CARDIFF v ALL BUT RELEGATE

Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:53 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:04 pm

So negative to bring on Bacuna. He’s atrocious.

The commentator is delusional with his praising Ralls who is just bang average.

I despair at next season with our midfield.

Murphy was worse than bad.

Yes we won but just against the bottom team.

One positive: Vaulks won’t play again this season.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:06 pm

Worrying, we need to invest for next season as not done for years

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:07 pm

This board needs to get some new talent in this summer asap

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:08 pm

Must say that was probably the most uninspiring game of a very average season.... from what seen under M.M just hope we get in some different types of players or could be in for the same next season. :old:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:08 pm

We have been shite for weeks

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:10 pm

Considering, as would be said about other clubs in our situation, 'we're already on the beach'l!' I thought it wasn't too bad a performance. Efficient. Against a team that really really needed to win. We didn't look like we got out of first gear, we didn't really need to.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Must say that was probably the most uninspiring game of a very average season.... from what seen under M.M just hope we get in some different types of players or could be in for the same next season. :old:

Not impressed at all Allan.

I know some will have ago at me, but my view we have struggled badly in our last 10 matches :cry: :cry:
I was not impressed at all.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Not a good performance against a poor side.

No doubt in my mind, without Kieffer Moore and if we still had Glatzel as our first choice we would have been in a relegation fight. If the manager was still Neil Harris we would have been relegated.

But I'll try and focus on the few positives..

Two very good goals by Moore. We need to keep hold of him if we have ambition next season

Colwill played well and didn't look out of his depth at all. Hopefully he continues to get game time in the last couple of games.

We stopped this habit of conceding late in the match, although we did concede late in the first half.

But:

Mick would have learned that a few of these players aren't good enough today.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Mathematically not relegated Wycombe, but they are if your honest.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:15 pm

Hull City back in the Championship :thumbright:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hull City back in the Championship :thumbright:

Yes well done to them and Magennis who’s scored 6 in 6.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Must say that was probably the most uninspiring game of a very average season.... from what seen under M.M just hope we get in some different types of players or could be in for the same next season. :old:

Annis what is disappointing MM cannot seem to change things around when something is not working? Whether that's because got to many similar players or he as blind faith in his tactics /substitutions like leaving moore on pitch or playing him wide.... the fact glatzel is
not his type means we are going to have same style next season
and that worries me! Hopefully he can get in enough players to change things but not confident just optimistic like every season.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Will Vaulks on in the 92nd min sent off in 94th min :shock:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis what is disappointing MM cannot seem to change things around when something is not working? Whether that's because got to many similar players or he as blind faith in his tactics /substitutions like leaving moore on pitch or playing him wide.... the fact glatzel is
and that worries me! Hopefully he can get in enough players to change things but not confident just optimistic like every season.

Allan, I thank Mick for saving us this season and a great run, but if I am really honest I am worried about our latest run of games and not creating much or playing good football.

But Mick deserves his chance for next season :bluebird:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Updated:

NORWICH & WATFORD PROMOTED

Wycombe are all but relegated

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Colwill was excellent .but we need to find some creative midfielder from somewhere for next season as we are lacking in that area.. Murphy was poor today..I can forgive Ng for an off performance as he's been excellent.we need more than pack ralls vaulks and bacuna to compete at the top end next season in my opinion...Moore has been fantastic and wouldn't be surprised if he is pursued by a number of teams in the summer

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan, I thank Mick for saving us this season and a great run, but if I am really honest I am worried about our latest run of games and not creating much or playing good football.

But Mick deserves his chance for next season :bluebird:

Yes deserves his opportunity! Will put down the performances down to lack of choice in types players.... but this thing about glatzel not being his type says to me mick will go same way next season and that is a worry if last 10 games are anything to go by? Just hope he can and does bring in different kind of players to alter way we play.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 pm

barnet blue wrote:Worrying, we need to invest for next season as not done for years

Moore, Ng, Phillips, Watters and various loan signings this season.

Glatzel, Flint, Pack, Whyte, Vassell, Vaulks last season.

You can’t just make up bollocks.

Been plenty of investment.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:24 pm

If we start next season with the same old same old central midfield options we’ve got now then fasten your seatbelts for another rollicking exciting season of attractive high tempo attacking football. :happy1:

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:Will Vaulks on in the 92nd min sent off in 94th min :shock:

What an incredibly stupid thing to do at that late point in a (relatively) meaningless game for the Bluebirds...

I have a feeling the manager will make sure he isn't 'on the beach' for the last couple of weeks...

An absolute prat...! :oops:

Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:14 am

Sven wrote:

What an incredibly stupid thing to do at that late point in a (relatively) meaningless game for the Bluebirds...

I have a feeling the manager will make sure he isn't 'on the beach' for the last couple of weeks...

It was mistimed. I don't think he's a malicious player, hes just not very good. He's honest and hard working, has an eye for an amazing shot but he falls way short of being a mid-fielder to go in to the premier league. His range of passing is poor and I was not surprised when he was not included in the Wales squad recently. As nice a lad he is I'd like to see him moved on and if Norwich came knocking (silliest media story of the season) its bye bye. Ralls is the only central midfielder I'd keep next year.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:29 am

EastleighBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

It was mistimed. I don't think he's a malicious player, hes just not very good. He's honest and hard working, has an eye for an amazing shot but he falls way short of being a mid-fielder to go in to the premier league. His range of passing is poor and I was not surprised when he was not included in the Wales squad recently. As nice a lad he is I'd like to see him moved on and if Norwich came knocking (silliest media story of the season) its bye bye. Ralls is the only central midfielder I'd keep next year.

Ralls is the first midfielder I’d let go, the whole midfield need replacing, apart from Colwill that is

Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:36 pm

For me midfield has been an issue for a long time. We have no one to just boss it and dictate the game. Can tell if that’s deliberate by the tactics or the tactics are deliberate because of the personnel. But we definitely need some freshening up there.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:06 pm

welshrarebit wrote:For me midfield has been an issue for a long time. We have no one to just boss it and dictate the game. Can tell if that’s deliberate by the tactics or the tactics are deliberate because of the personnel. But we definitely need some freshening up there.

Hopefully we can bring a couple of full backs in and play Sang in midfield with Cowill thus giving us a couple of midfielders who can pass the ball. Good to see Cowill playing well yesterday. I maintain that bringing some of our good young players in judiciously would actually have strengthened the team rather than weakened it. Some of the old guard have been going through the motions recently