Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Fair play to Big Mick ‘

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Fair play to big mick under him played 20 won 9 drawn 8 lost 3 ,need to turn those draws into wins I hope in the summer he can offload some of the high paid passengers and bring in some needed pace in midfield

Re: Fair play to big mick

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:Fair play to big mick under him played 20 won 9 drawn 8 lost 3 ,need to turn those draws into wins I hope in the summer he can offload some of the high paid passengers and bring in some needed pace in midfield

I thank Mick for saving us this season and a great run, beating the Jacks :thumbright: :thumbright: but if I am really honest I am worried about our latest run of games and not creating much or playing good football.

But Mick deserves his chance for next season and I back him :bluebird:

Good Record , took over from Neil Harris we were on our way down.

Played 20

Win 9

Drawn 8

Lost 3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Fair play to Big Mick ‘

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Saves us from possible relegation. Thank him for that. Just hope his wealth of knowledge can bring in some quality and also off load a few.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Fair play to big mick under him played 20 won 9 drawn 8 lost 3 ,need to turn those draws into wins I hope in the summer he can offload some of the high paid passengers and bring in some needed pace in midfield

I thank Mick for saving us this season and a great run, beating the Jacks :thumbright: :thumbright: but if I am really honest I am worried about our latest run of games and not creating much or playing good football.

Played 20

Win 9

Drawn 8

Lost 3

Just hope he's allowed to wheel and deal a bit hes not stupid, he will know the areas we need ,I really think the defence is fine at this level ,it's the midfield and lack of creativity and another striker to help moore we Need . Move on the high oaid bench warmers and give the kids a chance too

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Played 20

Win 9

Drawn 8

Lost 3

Just hope he's allowed to wheel and deal a bit hes not stupid, he will know the areas we need ,I really think the defence is fine at this level ,it's the midfield and lack of creativity and another striker to help moore we Need . Move on the high oaid bench warmers and give the kids a chance too

Your right Wez,

Big Mick def not stupid , he has seen it all, done it all and knows what he is doing :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:31 pm

MM knows his football and I am looking forward to a transfer window for the first time in a while. I dont think we will get millions to spend but a few shrewd signings and a couple of loans are much needed. We have to get rid of some deadwood aswell. I dont like singling players out but I have a bad feeling we will be stuck with an injured/out of shape Mr Tomlin for another season. :( :(

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:41 pm

To be honest it’s a good set of results and he deserves his extended contract.One of his biggest tasks of the summer is to hold on to Moore.
Expect a few bids.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:55 pm

englishbluebird wrote:MM knows his football and I am looking forward to a transfer window for the first time in a while. I dont think we will get millions to spend but a few shrewd signings and a couple of loans are much needed. We have to get rid of some deadwood aswell. I dont like singling players out but I have a bad feeling we will be stuck with an injured/out of shape Mr Tomlin for another season. :( :(

You "dont lkke singling players out" then do anyway??

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:14 pm

theclaw wrote:To be honest it’s a good set of results and he deserves his extended contract.One of his biggest tasks of the summer is to hold on to Moore.
Expect a few bids.

He needs to stay next season - As for Mick good job done from when he and his team came in :bluebird:

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:05 am

englishbluebird wrote:MM knows his football and I am looking forward to a transfer window for the first time in a while. I dont think we will get millions to spend but a few shrewd signings and a couple of loans are much needed. We have to get rid of some deadwood aswell. I dont like singling players out but I have a bad feeling we will be stuck with an injured/out of shape Mr Tomlin for another season. :( :(

The fact of the matter is Tomlin would have gone this summer if Neil Harris and the club had not extended his contract by another season. It’s the forlorn hope I know, but a fit and rearing to go Tomlin would be a massive boost for us next season,,, the same goes for Isaac Vassell. We can only live in hope!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:24 am

I have no doubt we would've made the playoffs if MM was in charge for the season.

Most people knew the football wouldn't be great but we're hard to beat again. Got to say all the youngsters coming through look really promising.

Looking to next season we need a back up for Moore, a number 10 playmaker and wingers. Once Bennett and Bagan are back the defence is good enough.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Played 20

Win 9

Drawn 8

Lost 3

Your right Wez,

Big Mick def not stupid , he has seen it all, done it all and knows what he is doing :thumbright: :thumbright:

I've read a couple of articles about a few players who would jump to join us under MM. If he can pull say 3 of these off none of here will be disappointed. What we need to do is offload some here now and even if we get rid of them cheaply it will be worth doing.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:24 pm

theclaw wrote:To be honest it’s a good set of results and he deserves his extended contract.One of his biggest tasks of the summer is to hold on to Moore.
Expect a few bids.

It is a good set of results overall but what is worrying is how the set of results are a game of two halves. The first 8 games were great 6 wins 2 draws 0 defeats. Automatic promotion as champions. Second half not so good 3 wins 6 draws 3 defeats.

To be quite honest not really sure how we will do next season. I wanted Paul Cook as the new manager and his record since he took over at Ipswich is 2 wins 6 draws and 5 defeats which have taken Ipswich out of even a chance of the playoffs so what do I know.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:04 am

A striker and 2 midfielders are a must if we are to challenge for promotion.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 am

Add a centre half comfortable on the ball to shopping list