Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's the record for most defensive players on the park ?

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Smithies
Brown
NG (Tutu)
Nelson
Morrison
Flint
Pack
Ralls
Bacuna

No idea what Williams is and Keifer......

FFS - I hope this is not the future !!!!

Re: What's the record for most defensive players on the park

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Embrace yourself for more set piece pants football next season.. without investment it’s all the Manager can do. It’s why he’s here..

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:37 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Smithies
Brown
NG (Tutu)
Nelson
Morrison
Flint
Pack
Ralls
Bacuna

You've forgotten Moore mick wont sub him as he's to important for defending dead ball situations.. :o

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Brown
NG (Tutu)
Nelson
Morrison
Flint
Pack
Ralls
Bacuna

I 100% agree with the last content. It is one team and we all pitch in at set pieces, whether attacking or defending.

You've forgotten Moore mick wont sub him as he's to important for defending dead ball situations.. :o

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Four center halfs and three shite cdms. Just as well no one in stadium even if we did win

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 pm

BC-CB wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Brown
NG (Tutu)
Nelson
Morrison
Flint
Pack
Ralls
Bacuna

I 100% agree with the last content. It is one team and we all pitch in at set pieces, whether attacking or defending.

Moore is knackered because mick wants him on pitch as a defender for dead balls that is nonsense what if he gets injured should be able to defend without need for 11 men in penalty area... no wond we play without pace everyone is toknackered defending to run fast!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:11 am

Brown
NG (Tutu)
Nelson
Morrison
Flint
Pack
Ralls
Bacuna

Didn't see you moaning when Mick McCarthy took us on a 12 game unbeaten run (and I checked)

Not surprised; just confirms the fickleness of some... :(

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Wow you checked

Sven i have it you are a bit of a lefty so i'l quote one of the many versions of the famous economist John Maynard Keynes quote

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

In the 10 games the Ciaron Brown has started we have won 2. Its not his fault, the Bennett/Bagan injuries have hurt us but MM has kept with the same system where he wanted to squeeze in Morrison, Flint and Nelson as the first two are top championship centre halfs and Nelson who gives us mobility and covers their main weakness as a partnership.

Yesterday Brown was the left wingback, I felt for him. He is not a championship centre half (he is 23) never less marauding wingback.

MM has tried the much tried and proven results of playing Joe Rall as an attacking midfielder with the same results. He has a subtle twist that worked ONCE of Bacuna playing as one of the attacking midfielders but he is yet another grafter without the skill or guile to be championship effective at it.

Fickness is frequently changing your mind or allegiances. I haven't.

I like defensively sound quick direct football. I liked the system when filled with championship players at that position. 3 solid centre halfs. 2 quick wing backs who can get a ball in and go beyond the midfielders. 2 workhorses offering protection, a target man and two genuinely attack minded advanced midfielders or forwards.

When MM signed i thought of him a pragmatic defensive long ball motivator. I was pleasantly surprised when he started Josh as an inside forward with Harry, but everytime we started with Bacuna or ralls as one of the offensive 3 i shuddered.

MM has changed not me.

Just had lunch speak later.

We didn't start with Murphy or Wilson