Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth: "If that's it,

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth:

"If that's it, then the positive for us is the chance to get another promotion on our CVs next season.

"We don't want to finish bottom, and that's our next challenge. I want to come back to this level.

"I don't regret anything. I stand here as the manager of Wycombe Wanderers who didn't quite do enough to keep us in the Championship, but I looked oblivion in the face at Torquay seven years ago.

"Every day since has been a pleasure."

Re: Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth: "If that's

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:42 pm

No shame in them going down.

Everyone expected them to be relegated because they more or less kept the same squad as they had in League One.

A lot of people said before the season started that they thought they'd go down with a lot of games still to play.

Ainsworth is a good manager and, assuming he stays, you'd expect them to be battling at the top end of League One next season - especially with Hull and Peterbrough going up, with Sunderland possibly joining them.

He'll have a good career in management.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Gareth Ainsworth was my preferred option after Sir Neil (Warnock that is, not Harris).

Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:30 pm

Why do you think Ainsworth is a good manager?
Is it because he’s a bit woosh a bit wayhay and a bit of a fading ageing pub rock singer who played in a city team with Earnshaw?
Get a grip with the love in; he played for us what a dozen times in the 3rd division back in the day.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:No shame in them going down.

Everyone expected them to be relegated because they more or less kept the same squad as they had in League One.

A lot of people said before the season started that they thought they'd go down with a lot of games still to play.

Ainsworth is a good manager and, assuming he stays, you'd expect them to be battling at the top end of League One next season - especially with Hull and Peterbrough going up, with Sunderland possibly joining them.

Clubs like Wycombe, in a simiar fashion to other small town clubs like Burnley and Swansea, are what makes the EFL the competitive league it is...

Gareth Ainsworth has done superbly well and deserves (a) to stay at Wycomber, and/or (b) get a chance at another club looking to achieve on a small budget

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:32 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:No shame in them going down.

Clubs like Wycombe, in a simiar fashion to other small town clubs like Burnley and Swansea, are what makes the EFL the competitive league it is...

Gareth Ainsworth has done superbly well and deserves (a) to stay at Wycomber, and/or (b) get a chance at another club looking to achieve on a small budget

"Other small town clubs like Burnley or Swansea..."

Love it.

:bluebird: :D :occasion5: