Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NG substitution

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:10 am

Anyone know if he was injured or was it tactical ????

Re: NG substitution

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:52 am

Mick said it was tactical:

"He lost the ball for the penalty and we’ve got Jordi, who’s been doing great, so I put him on for the second half."

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:26 am

Seems harsh to sub him for one mistake. Especially after his comments about smithies.

Maybe there's the potential to bring Tutu back next season??

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:34 am

Escott1927 wrote:Seems harsh to sub him for one mistake. Especially after his comments about smithies.

Maybe there's the potential to bring Tutu back next season??

That is what I thought because why bring on a player who will be gone in a few weeks! :thumbup:

Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:51 am

Thought he could have done more for the Reading equaliser the other day too.Another one that looked bit lethargic on times yesterday.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Thought he could have done more for the Reading equaliser the other day too.Another one that looked bit lethargic on times yesterday.

Totally agree mate. He showed the Reading guy far too much room on the outside of him and he took it.
Tbf he’s been great since he came in but IMO I think fatigue has set in.
I would have introduced Jordi for the extra width and put NG on the left instead of Brown who is not a left wing bs k in a million years.
Was amazed at towards the end of the game we had two players in attacking positions on the LHs offensive position and it was Brown and Nelson. Good players in their own right but they were put in completely the wrong position.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:06 am

NG tended to dwell on the ball to long on many occasions. Needs to speed up his decision making.