12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

A forum for all things Cardiff City

12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby maccydee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:04 am

And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Didn’t get that playoff match to say goodbye properly.

Some will say that was my last ever game I attended. Don’t listen to them. They are knobheads. :D

What was your favourite game at Ninian park and why?

Leeds FA Cup for me.
Attachments
83632370-6A80-48FF-88E6-E1F9F210EF17.png
83632370-6A80-48FF-88E6-E1F9F210EF17.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2414 times
maccydee
 
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby maccydee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 am

D’oh it was yesterday.

My Facebook back in the days I had to upload pictures the day after.

25 April 2009 last game at Ninian park.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby mugsy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 am

It was a terrible last performance too - only matched by the fireworks and farewell afterwards. Club must have bought a £5 box of Standard fireworks from the newsagents. (:
mugsy
 
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 am

maccydee wrote:And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Didn’t get that playoff match to say goodbye properly.

Some will say that was my last ever game I attended. Don’t listen to them. They are knobheads. :D

What was your favourite game at Ninian park and why?

Leeds FA Cup for me.


Would be more like your FIRST ever match! You’ve only got 5 fingers on one hand and we can still count the games you’ve been at ON THAT HAND.

Do the people of Cottesmore know they’ve got a huge knob head in their midst? Start following Cottesmore AFC they would be more your level and you’d be closer to playing with your toy planes.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby maccydee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
maccydee wrote:And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Didn’t get that playoff match to say goodbye properly.

Some will say that was my last ever game I attended. Don’t listen to them. They are knobheads. :D

What was your favourite game at Ninian park and why?

Leeds FA Cup for me.


Would be more like your FIRST ever match! You’ve only got 5 fingers on one hand and we can still count the games you’ve been at ON THAT HAND.

Do the people of Cottesmore know they’ve got a huge knob head in their midst? Start following Cottesmore AFC they would be more your level and you’d be closer to playing with your toy planes.


Ha ha I actually like that reply.

Thank you Pulis you have made me chuckle.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:26 am

maccydee wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
maccydee wrote:And from a place where we couldn’t possibly miss out on the playoffs we managed to somehow.

Didn’t get that playoff match to say goodbye properly.

Some will say that was my last ever game I attended. Don’t listen to them. They are knobheads. :D

What was your favourite game at Ninian park and why?

Leeds FA Cup for me.


Would be more like your FIRST ever match! You’ve only got 5 fingers on one hand and we can still count the games you’ve been at ON THAT HAND.

Do the people of Cottesmore know they’ve got a huge knob head in their midst? Start following Cottesmore AFC they would be more your level and you’d be closer to playing with your toy planes.


Ha ha I actually like that reply.

Thank you Pulis you have made me chuckle.


Glad you liked it sent in jest. Enjoy your day.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Newport County Dec 82.. football very exciting then.. didn’t need to pretend a matchday experience existed.
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 2951
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:53 pm

mugsy wrote:It was a terrible last performance too - only matched by the fireworks and farewell afterwards. Club must have bought a £5 box of Standard fireworks from the newsagents. (:




going to that game it never crossed my mind it would be our last game there...
skidemin
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 pm

P1020613.jpg
P1020613.jpg (201.51 KiB) Viewed 1737 times

P1020603.JPG
P1020603.JPG (170.42 KiB) Viewed 1737 times

P1020661.JPG
P1020661.JPG (664.26 KiB) Viewed 1737 times

P1020619.JPG
P1020619.JPG (471 KiB) Viewed 1737 times

P1020627.JPG
P1020627.JPG (210.76 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
Chris Holmes
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm

P1020635.JPG
P1020635.JPG (564.42 KiB) Viewed 1733 times

P1020648.JPG
P1020648.JPG (254.62 KiB) Viewed 1733 times

P1020650.JPG
P1020650.JPG (266.9 KiB) Viewed 1733 times

P1020656.JPG
P1020656.JPG (249.29 KiB) Viewed 1733 times

P1020641.JPG
P1020641.JPG (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1733 times
Chris Holmes
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Sven » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:06 pm

That final game at Ninian Park was a huge disappointment on all fronts; game atmosphere and the half-hearted post-match prcession from our besyen players and staffs

A sad farwell to our beloved and historic ground... :cry:
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 20380
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby maccydee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Sven wrote:That final game at Ninian Park was a huge disappointment on all fronts; game atmosphere and the half-hearted post-match prcession from our besyen players and staffs

A sad farwell to our beloved and historic ground... :cry:


Players must have been gutted the way the season ended.

Not sure which was worse. That or the year we threw away automatic promotion.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Sven » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:01 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:That final game at Ninian Park was a huge disappointment on all fronts; game atmosphere and the half-hearted post-match prcession from our besyen players and staffs

A sad farwell to our beloved and historic ground... :cry:


Players must have been gutted the way the season ended.

Not sure which was worse. That or the year we threw away automatic promotion.

I can appreciate the players were disappointed Neil; almostvas much as us supporters. It was just such a flat day after an eventful and (stadium) historic day :thumbright:

I think the auto situation was the worse, Neil; that was a double whammy, as we blew the Play-offs, too :cry:
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 20380
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Ray Bishop » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Was a shambles, both the team’s performance and that excuse of a fairwell celebration with the shite firework display and the Poundland balls. Went in the Corp after the game and watched Preston get a late winner in their game on Sky. Knew we wouldn’t get in the playoffs after that.
Ray Bishop
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby rhonddablue1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 pm

I have a match program for that game signed by the city team
User avatar
rhonddablue1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 pm

rhonddablue1 wrote:I have a match program for that game signed by the city team



Unlucky :)
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby Barclay1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:14 am

That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.
Barclay1
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:04 am

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:35 am

Barclay1 wrote:That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.



its a game that became more disappointing after the event for me.... i didnt wait to see any send off because for that to be our last game at NP Preston had to win twice including having to beat Brum in Brum later that day who needed the points themselves for automatic promotion...was a few hours later i really started getting concerned. .on 89 minutes we had a play off spot with a game to spare.... a minute later we didnt...
the silence coming out of Hillsborough a week later followed by a silent journey home i found a hundred times worse than a few plastic footballs....
skidemin
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:10 am

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.



its a game that became more disappointing after the event for me.... i didnt wait to see any send off because for that to be our last game at NP Preston had to win twice including having to beat Brum in Brum later that day who needed the points themselves for automatic promotion...was a few hours later i really started getting concerned. .on 89 minutes we had a play off spot with a game to spare.... a minute later we didnt...
the silence coming out of Hillsborough a week later followed by a silent journey home i found a hundred times worse than a few plastic footballs....


That six nil loss to Preston was what really done for us. Twelve goal turnaround. Bonkers.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.



its a game that became more disappointing after the event for me.... i didnt wait to see any send off because for that to be our last game at NP Preston had to win twice including having to beat Brum in Brum later that day who needed the points themselves for automatic promotion...was a few hours later i really started getting concerned. .on 89 minutes we had a play off spot with a game to spare.... a minute later we didnt...
the silence coming out of Hillsborough a week later followed by a silent journey home i found a hundred times worse than a few plastic footballs....


That six nil loss to Preston was what really done for us. Twelve goal turnaround. Bonkers.



with hindsight you can blame a number of things... but even assuming they would win their 2 we still had 3 games to get 2 points after that preston result or 1 point providing we did not throw a 6 goal advantage away as well
skidemin
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: 12 years ago today last league game at Ninian Park

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:32 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:That game was one of my big disappointments. Blackpool play off, Wolves with the missed pens were gutting and I felt sick, but the Ipswich game was just a sheer let down on all fronts.

I think McCormack missed 2 ( or was it 3) pens on the bounce during the last 5 game run in. Just one of those pens would have seen us in the play offs.



its a game that became more disappointing after the event for me.... i didnt wait to see any send off because for that to be our last game at NP Preston had to win twice including having to beat Brum in Brum later that day who needed the points themselves for automatic promotion...was a few hours later i really started getting concerned. .on 89 minutes we had a play off spot with a game to spare.... a minute later we didnt...
the silence coming out of Hillsborough a week later followed by a silent journey home i found a hundred times worse than a few plastic footballs....


That six nil loss to Preston was what really done for us. Twelve goal turnaround. Bonkers.



with hindsight you can blame a number of things... but even assuming they would win their 2 we still had 3 games to get 2 points after that preston result or 1 point providing we did not throw a 6 goal advantage away as well


Yep. Absolute capitulation.

The boys give up.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 119 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.