Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jonson Clarke-Harris

Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am

Cardiff City target Jonson Clarke-Harris has won the League 1 player of the Season

31 goals so far this season

I'm sure that we were in for him a few years ago, but I cant see us getting him now to be honest. Fair play to Peterborough they always demand mega money for their stars and they seem to get it as well

Re: Jonson Clarke-Harris

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:55 pm

As I said a few weeks back - Sammie Szmodics is another good player at that club .

JCH - Has stepped up to fill the shoes of Ivan Toney

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:48 am

Until we clear the transfer embargo issue we wont be getting anyone :bluebird:

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:30 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Until we clear the transfer embargo issue we wont be getting anyone :bluebird:

The tranfer embargo will be cleared it affects loads of clubs and is a tecnical one. The goverment has said that businesses can send in acoounts three months later than normal, but the EFL has said no they have to be in on time.

Cardiff city statement

Further to national media reports on Tuesday morning, Cardiff City can confirm that it has been placed under EFL transfer embargo.

The Club can assure supporters that this is part of an administrative process imposed by the EFL. It has no bearing on the day-to-day running of the club, nor its finances or sustainability. It will not affect us trading in the summer 2021 transfer window.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the British government extended the deadline for companies to submit company accounts to Companies House by three months. The Club chose to take this option, in the knowledge that a short term EFL embargo would be imposed.

Cardiff City FC will be submitting its accounts to the EFL before the end of April 2021, at which point the embargo will be lifted.

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:22 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Cardiff City target Jonson Clarke-Harris has won the League 1 player of the Season

31 goals so far this season

I'm sure that we were in for him a few years ago, but I cant see us getting him now to be honest. Fair play to Peterborough they always demand mega money for their stars and they seem to get it as well

I think we were interested in him about the time we signed Keifer Moore as an alternative to Keifer Moore. Peterborough seem to be very astute on the transfer market paticularly when it comes to strikers.

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:18 pm

He's a good player.

I think they let him go when he was younger and then signed him again from Bristol Rovers.