Jonny Williams:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jonny Williams:

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:14 am

Kieffer Moore's brilliant nickname, the Harry Kane comparison and the transfer surprise that's baffling Cardiff City team-mate

Jonny Williams has spoken about his Cardiff City and Wales team-mate Kieffer Moore, who is enjoying the season of a lifetime in the Welsh capital

Thursday 29th April 2021

Cardiff City's Jonny Williams has admitted that even he is finding it baffling that Kieffer Moore is still a Championship footballer.

The Bluebirds striker hammered home his 19th and 20th league goals of the season last weekend in the 2-1 win over Wycombe Wanderers.

The forward became the first Cardiff City player to do that since Peter Whittingham in the 2009/10 season and Moore spoke of how honoured he felt to be in such esteemed company after the match.

But Williams, who has known him for a number of years now having first linked up with him at Ipswich Town back in the 2017/18 season, knew he had the weaponry in his arsenal to go on to bigger and better things.

Granted, that campaign at Portman Road, again under Mick McCarthy, was less fruitful for Moore, but he has hit stratospheric heights in the intervening period.

And Williams, who also revealed the Bluebirds players have a special nickname for Moore, is surprised a Premier League club have not picked him up already.

JONNY WILLIAMS:

"I was with him at Ipswich a few years ago," Williams told the BBC's EJFOF podcast. "He was big, but he was not as big as he is now!

"We do call him Zlatan! He is doing alright at the moment, living off that.

"He has been brilliant this year. He hit 20 goals at the weekend, but it could have been 30-plus. He is an absolute handful. he can do it all.

"It's surprising he is still playing in the Championship for me, given what he has achieved in a Wales shirt, as well as Cardiff.

"It's going to be an interesting summer for him, if he can play to his potential, because as a striker he has got it all.

"He is not a big man with a sloppy touch, he has got a nice touch."

Williams believes it is testament to the player that he has improved so much and became such a vital component for both club and country in such a short space of time.

He played a central role in helping Wales reach the Euros and was a crucial part of the Bluebirds' play-off-pushing team this season, almost single-handedly dragging them into the top six.

And fellow Wales international Williams believe those who label him as simply a "target man" are doing him a major disservice.

"He is a top player, he has improved so much since I saw him at Ipswich," Williams added. "He didn't play much under Mick at Ipswich at all.

"But to improve like he has and become the player he has, he is built like a brick house, you know you can give him the ball wherever. He has been a pleasure to play with.

"You know he is going to hold it and do something with it. It's probably a bit of a disservice, people saying he has got a bad touch!

"I can't speak highly enough of him. You just wonder where he has been? He is 28 now."

There is a theory that Moore could be enjoying some sort of late-career surge enjoyed by the likes of Jamie Vardy, however Williams believes the manner in which he takes penalties is more akin to another top-flight striker.

"[His penalties] remind me of the way Harry Kane takes them," Williams said. "He is so ruthless you already think he is going to score. That is a great skill to have."

McCarthy will no doubt look to bolster his squad this summer in order to mount another promotion push next term.

There have been new fewer than six strikers linked since McCarthy took charge at the back end of January and the harsh truth of it is that the manager will have to plan for someone to come in to play both alongside Moore and, indeed, potentially replace him.

And Williams believes that keeping hold of the in-form striker is the key to Cardiff City's promotion chances next season, but admitted that is easier said than done.

"Keeping hold of Kieffer is obviously going to be tough, it's going to be key in order to have that push for promotion next season," the Welshman added.

"Like I said, I'm still surprised he is playing in the Championship. So we will see what happens."
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1231831201.jpg
0_GettyImages-1231831201.jpg (67.92 KiB) Viewed 3780 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Jonny Williams:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jonny Williams:

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:46 am

He will be gone even if he does not have a great Euros, VT will recoup money lost.....and as the transfer embargo is still in place we wont be getting anyone. Jonny will be gone too.
1980s Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:52 pm

KM - One of the best buys we have had in a long time .
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:27 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:He will be gone even if he does not have a great Euros, VT will recoup money lost.....and as the transfer embargo is still in place we wont be getting anyone. Jonny will be gone too.

the transfer embargo will be lifted the minute the club submit accounts
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 pm

KM - :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat