For me Enough is enough Tomlin & Vassell

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:46 am

My View: Vasell and Tomlin have cost our club £millions upon £millions we need to somehow move them both out this Summer.

Over weight and always unfit Tomlin.

Big Mick on injuries:

‘I’m just looking at the list;

Junior Hoilett, Lee Tomlin, Isaac Vassell, Joel Bagan, Joe Bennett, Tom Sang... Sean came off with his elbow. That’s proving to be a problem. Max Watters has a tight hamstring. Jordi has got an ankle problem.

Tommo has a new injury and Vassell’s old injury in training has suffered a set back.

That’s enough for now!’

Replies FB:
23C67ED7-8191-457A-AD3B-B89AAE2F2DB2.jpeg
23C67ED7-8191-457A-AD3B-B89AAE2F2DB2.jpeg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
Attachments
FFEAE6E1-093C-44DC-8029-F45B77F2AD1C.jpeg
FFEAE6E1-093C-44DC-8029-F45B77F2AD1C.jpeg (347.7 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: For me Enough is enough Tomlin & Vassell

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:43 pm

Yes, Annis, enough is enough. Hindsight being a wonderful thing, but the club should never have extended Tomlins contract, and as for Vassell, he gets injured every time he tries to make a comeback. These two players alone are going to hold back the progress that MM wants to improve within the squad, and contracts are going to have to be paid up, one way or another.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Scoularite » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Totally agree. It may be harsh, but the club cannot afford to be a convalescence home. We need players to be able to play week in, week out, and on that basis, I would add Jonny Williams to Tomlin and Vassell.
Scoularite

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:11 pm

Tomlin is a magician and can change a game,trouble is he rarely plays for one reason or another, therefore probably best if he does move on.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:44 pm

Tomlin without doubt is the most gifted and skilful player at the club and should be kept, injuries yes but he changed the games when we got to play offs last season. Vassell has been constantly injured throughout and was an injury before he even got he.

Tomlin needs to stay if we can get him fit or even if he wants to get fit. Its down to him really :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Some people just don't like him and want him gone
1980s Bluebird

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:31 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Tomlin is a magician and can change a game,trouble is he rarely plays for one reason or another, therefore probably best if he does move on.

He certainly can change a game...on the pitch.

Trouble is he's rarely on it.

No point being mercurial on the bench or physio table.
Big Hill Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Tomlin without doubt is the most gifted and skilful player at the club and should be kept, injuries yes but he changed the games when we got to play offs last season. Vassell has been constantly injured throughout and was an injury before he even got he.

Tomlin needs to stay if we can get him fit or even if he wants to get fit. Its down to him really :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I agree that Tomlin is the most gifted and skilful player at the club but he is also the most unreliable. His 'business' plan is to come back fit and able in the final year of his contract and play a blinder until offered a new one.

He will then disappear until that contract enters its final year and pulls the same trick again.

IMO if that is how he wants to operate then he should find some other mug club to finance his one year on two years off lifestyle.

As for Vassell the evidence against him is substantial that he will never be a fully fit football player.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Tomlin is a disgrace to himself and the club

However, we have to be realistic nobody is going to sign him or be prepared to pay his huge wages for a loan deal. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for the last year of his contract

I think it’s damage limitation next season. We somehow have to get him fit and maybe get 20 games out of him. You know he will make a difference in 10 of them and earn us some extra points

So, personally I think we are just going to bite the bullet and hope for the best with him

Vassell was probably the stupidest signing ever, and if we can save a few quid by paying up his contract we probably should do

Williams is another who is just injury prone and we shouldn’t sign him, although I think MM will possibly offer a pay as you play deal
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Scoularite » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:16 pm

Budgets are going to be really tight so we need players to be fit enough to play regularly, and I certainly wouldn't argue that Tomlin is currently the most creative player at the club. The problem is that he's apparently not fit enough, and we can't have one fitness standard for one player and a different standard for everyone else.
Scoularite

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:39 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Yes, Annis, enough is enough. Hindsight being a wonderful thing, but the club should never have extended Tomlins contract, and as for Vassell, he gets injured every time he tries to make a comeback. These two players alone are going to hold back the progress that MM wants to improve within the squad, and contracts are going to have to be paid up, one way or another.

you would pay them up in full and wave them goodbye ?
skidemin

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Who bought them....very poor from warnock he never done that well with money. Brilliant at free transfers
boyo1927

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:59 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Tomlin without doubt is the most gifted and skilful player at the club and should be kept, injuries yes but he changed the games when we got to play offs last season. Vassell has been constantly injured throughout and was an injury before he even got he.

i think the dont like is all of his own doing...
who doesnt want or like a 90minute fighting fit version of LT wk in wk out....
skidemin

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:10 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Yes, Annis, enough is enough. Hindsight being a wonderful thing, but the club should never have extended Tomlins contract, and as for Vassell, he gets injured every time he tries to make a comeback. These two players alone are going to hold back the progress that MM wants to improve within the squad, and contracts are going to have to be paid up, one way or another.

Who is Tomlins? When did we sign him?

You are right. Hindsight is wonderful. I bet that there aren’t many if anyone who said Tomlin didn’t deserve a new deal after he single handedly took us into the play offs last season.

In hindsight he should have been given one year only and we could have cut or losses. Let’s not forget the injuries he has are a result of playing while injured for us.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:56 pm

:lol:

So we pay over £100,000 a month to a player who has played 50 odd games in over 3 and a half years and same at every club he has played for and we we wait for for months for a bit of magic :lol: :lol:

There is is being a mug and hopefully I am hearing Big Mick is having none of it and our club comes first not Tomlins purse :thumbright: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:09 pm

maccydee wrote:

You are right. Hindsight is wonderful. I bet that there aren’t many if anyone who said Tomlin didn’t deserve a new deal after he single handedly took us into the play offs last season.

In hindsight he should have been given one year only and we could have cut or losses. Let’s not forget the injuries he has are a result of playing while injured for us.

Ha Ha very funny. Yes I meant Tomlin, but then you knew that anyway. As for single handedly taking us to the playoffs last season, then its best to remember he was one of eleven player plus,,, which unfortunatly still wasn't good enough.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:15 pm

Rick, thats sadly totally down to a CCFC Committee who know nothing about football and got our club in debt beyond, but blame everyone else.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:16 pm

skidemin wrote:

you would pay them up in full and wave them goodbye ?

I think, and no disrespect, but Isaac Vassell is a lost cause, if ever it was a cause to begin with? Lee Tomlin,,,, my perception only, likes the good life, not the graft. Its a Big IF, but yes, If I was in the hot seat, they would be paid off, but Im not, so there we are!
RICK+CCFC

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:21 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Ha Ha very funny. Yes I meant Tomlin, but then you knew that anyway. As for single handedly taking us to the playoffs last season, then its best to remember he was one of eleven player plus,,, which unfortunatly still wasn't good enough.

So did get us into the play offs and close to getting more. We were all over Fulham when Tomkins came on.

Again, I ask. How many would have said no to a new contract for Tomlin this time last year when he was bang in form?

Agree with Vassell though.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Rick, thats sadly totally down to a CCFC Committee who know nothing about football and got our club in debt beyond, but blame everyone else.

The committee who know nothing about football but signed Moore and Ng.

We have made worse signings than Vassell. Cornelius being one.
maccydee

Postby Polo, » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

So did get us into the play offs and close to getting more. We were all over Fulham when Tomkins came on.

Again, I ask. How many would have said no to a new contract for Tomlin this time last year when he was bang in form?

Mate, at least learn to spell Tomlin correct :lol:
Polo,

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:28 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wow actually it was Neil Warnock who recommended Kieffer Moore to them last season :thumbright: :bluebird:

As to NG, very happy :thumbright: , but say 1 in 15 , even i would get that right :D

This Committee have wasted hundreds of millions a fact in court cases and players and wages and now pretending we have unbelievable table talent coming through.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 pm

Polo, wrote:
maccydee wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Mate, at least learn to spell Tomlin correct :lol:

Hopefully you are tongue in cheek as I was. I wrote Tomkins based on an earlier misspelling
maccydee

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 pm

maccydee wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Ive said in a previous post, as have many other posters, that Lee Tomlin would be an asset in any Championship team when fit. Neil Warnock certainly thought so when he signed him, and Neil Harris thought so by extending his contract last year (Jan 20).

It certainly begs the question: why, with such a lot of footballing skill, has Lee Tomlin not played at the highest level? Hd didn't even play for us in the Premier League under Neil Warnock did he??
RICK+CCFC

Postby maccydee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wow actually it was Neil Warnock who recommended Kieffer Moore to them last season :thumbright: :bluebird:

As to NG, very happy :thumbright: , but say 1 in 15 , even i would get that right :D

This Committee have wasted hundreds of millions a fact in court cases and players and wages and now pretending we have unbelievable table talent coming through.

Sorry Annis I forgot that the good signings are by the manager and the bad ones by the committee.

My bad.
maccydee

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Ive said in a previous post, as have many other posters, that Lee Tomlin would be an asset in any Championship team when fit. Neil Warnock certainly thought so when he signed him, and Neil Harris thought so by extending his contract last year (Jan 20).

It certainly begs the question: why, with such a lot of footballing skill, has Lee Tomlin not played at the highest level? Hd didn't even play for us in the Premier League under Neil Warnock did he??

he has played in the prem , Eddie Howe signed him when Bournemouth went up but moved him on quite quickly.. he is a player that if motivated and fit is probably talented enough to play at that level and worth far more than anyone has paid for him... Vassell...cant be far off career ending...
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry Annis I forgot that the good signings are by the manager and the bad ones by the committee.

My bad.

The Committee have the final say as they have stated and it’s funny our most successful managers Malky & Warnock they have slated because they never accepted being controlled by them . But they both brought between them nearly £500mill in to our club and that’s how we have really survived.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Crayfish » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 pm

Vassell was Warnocks worse signing Basiclly everyone suspected he was a potential sicknote before we even signed him,look at the postings on here at the time, yet the board didn't have the guts to stand up to Warnock over it. The most lunatic thing is he was given a long contact we we will still be paying all throughout next season. There is not a cat in hells chance of him ever being fit again every time he gets fit again he breaks down in training before even playing a match. Will almost certainly never play professional football again but will always be greatful to Warnock for contributing more than a million to his pension fund.

Was he that good in the first place? We will never find out.
Crayfish

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:12 pm

skidemin wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

he has played in the prem , Eddie Howe signed him when Bournemouth went up but moved him on quite quickly.. he is a player that if motivated and fit is probably talented enough to play at that level and worth far more than anyone has paid for him... Vassell...cant be far off career ending...

Fair enough, but it just reminds me of the old saying; potential, minus commitment, equals nothing.
I, like many other City fans, hope to see a fit, and rearing to go LT from the start of next season.
That’s my hope,,, and I feel that, at the very least, he owes us fans that.... If only!
RICK+CCFC

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Crayfish wrote:Vassell was Warnocks worse signing Basiclly everyone suspected he was a potential sicknote before we even signed him,look at the postings on here at the time, yet the board didn't have the guts to stand up to Warnock over it. The most lunatic thing is he was given a long contact we we will still be paying all throughout next season. There is not a cat in hells chance of him ever being fit again every time he gets fit again he breaks down in training before even playing a match. Will almost certainly never play professional football again but will always be greatful to Warnock for contributing more than a million to his pension fund.

Was he that good in the first place? We will never find out.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=209095
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

So we pay over £100,000 a month to a player who has played 50 odd games in over 3 and a half years and same at every club he has played for and we we wait for for months for a bit of magic :lol: :lol:

There is is being a mug and hopefully I am hearing Big Mick is having none of it and our club comes first not Tomlins purse :thumbright: :bluebird:

would you pay his contract up if it were your choice....?
personally id wait till pre season at the very least and see what shape he is in... its not like he is going to be offered a long or lucrative contract elsewhere so therefore would probably want the bulk of his contract paid to leave....
skidemin

Next

Return to General Chat