Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Harry Wilson success or failure?

Sat May 01, 2021 3:37 pm

For me it's a could of done better this season, he blows hot and cold for me, class one minute and garbage the next

Re: Harry Wilson success or failure?

Sat May 01, 2021 3:41 pm

Overall success and I honedtly believe he would have thrived in a more attack-minded (less defence-focussed) :thumbright: team

Sat May 01, 2021 3:41 pm

Gutting we never going to see Harry Wilson and potentially kieffer Moore playing live for cardiff city,2 top quality players,think we havent helped wilson at times with way we played certain games but cant deny his quality and moore,hope he stays but should be in premiership.

I think we should be looking to sign Harry Wilson if we had ambition in my opinion.

If we want promotion we need players like Harry Wilson.

Hatrick today Harry Wilson stunning goals :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 01, 2021 3:44 pm

He's a good player and he's shown it on several occasions but he's inconsistent. We struggled under Harris for the first half of the season and the tactics didn't help Wilson, but if the asking price is £15mil or higher I would pass.

Sat May 01, 2021 3:46 pm

Sums my thoughts up absolute class today ,a hatrick but where has they been all season too little too late

Sat May 01, 2021 3:52 pm

He thinks a couple of steps ahead of everybody else when he’s on his game, Moore can just about keep up with him. He was missused under Harris, never knew what position he was in from one game to the next which any player would suffer with.

If he goes for £10m as suggested in the papers over the past few weeks/months then we might be in with a chance if feasible. Mick can wheel and deal for the rest of the players needed

Sat May 01, 2021 3:56 pm

snoopystorm wrote:He thinks a couple of steps ahead of everybody else when he’s on his game, Moore can just about keep up with him. He was missused under Harris, never knew what position he was in from one game to the next which any player would suffer with.

If he goes for £10m as suggested in the papers over the past few weeks/months then we might be in with a chance if feasible. Mick can wheel and deal for the rest of the players needed

Liverpool wanted around £20m last summer and supposedly turned down a £15m offer from Burnley. Unfortunately I can't see him being sold for £10m.

Sat May 01, 2021 3:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:Sums my thoughts up absolute class today ,a hatrick but where has they been all season too little too late

Today was the perfect set up for him abs way of playing - too much this season has been about long balls to Kieffer and expecting Wilson go pick up the knock downs. I can barely recall a long ball today - everything on the ground so he could make his movement count.

Sat May 01, 2021 3:59 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:He thinks a couple of steps ahead of everybody else when he’s on his game, Moore can just about keep up with him. He was missused under Harris, never knew what position he was in from one game to the next which any player would suffer with.

Liverpool wanted around £20m last summer and supposedly turned down a £15m offer from Burnley. Unfortunately I can't see him being sold for £10m.

Hopefully being in the final year of his contract and the global pandemic driving down amount of funds available by clubs will also drive down the asking price of many players

Sat May 01, 2021 4:03 pm

Yes he has had some good games but some very ordinary games too.If I’m honest he hasn’t been consistently good as I expected.
Yes I’ll give him ‘a success’ but could and really should have done better.

Sat May 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Sven wrote:Overall success and I honedtly believe he would have thrived in a more attack-minded (less defence-focussed) :thumbright: team

A success by a gnats nut due to the reason mentioned.

Sat May 01, 2021 4:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gutting we never going to see Harry Wilson and potentially kieffer Moore playing live for cardiff city,2 top quality players,think we havent helped wilson at times with way we played certain games but cant deny his quality and moore,hope he stays but should be in premiership.

I think we should be looking to sign Harry Wilson if we had ambition in my opinion.

Wilson would surely be looking for a PL team to come in for him.
One of the modern day great City performances today; goals aside - the effort he put in all over the pitch was stupendous

Sat May 01, 2021 4:17 pm

For me the issue with Harry Wilson is for half the season we had a f**kwit in charge and he struggled like many others. Today he scored a brilliant hatrick just a pity we had such a player with the wrong guy in charge.

I think you should measure our season in terms of the team and in that respect it's been a failure, but since the arrival of MM we have won on average 1.80 points per game. For me keeping Harris as long as we did cost us bigtime.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 01, 2021 4:19 pm

castleblue wrote:For me the issue with Harry Wilson is for half the season we had a f**kwit in charge and he struggled like many others. Today he scored a brilliant hatrick just a pity we had such a player with the wrong guy in charge.

I think you should measure our season in terms of the team and in that respect it's been a failure, but since the arrival of MM we have won on average 1.80 points per game. For me keeping Harris as long as we did cost us bigtime.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

100% correct, Gary... :clap: :ayatollah:

Sat May 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Think Wilson himself would see another season in the championship as a step backwards. Can see him going to the likes of Burnley, Norwich or Brighton and if Liverpool are asking too much for a transfer fee on loan to someone like that.

Sat May 01, 2021 4:25 pm

I don't think anyone can say he's been a success. At least not anyone who's really being honest.

I agree with Wez, Wilson is extremely inconsistent.

Outstanding today but will probably be poor next week.

Liverpool wanted £20m last summer. If they want that again this year, he won't be going anywhere permanently. Nobody will pay that fee because he's not worth it.

£10m would be a reasonable price in this age but I can't see us being willing to pay that for anyone.

Another loan move beckons, probably not to us, which is a shame because he needs a permanent move for some stability.

Sat May 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Think he has been a success for us as he must have felt like he was playing League 1 tactics under Harris....defend and pas backwards whenever possible.
He must have wondered what he was doing at city after being at Bournemouth.....he is inconsistent but he a real worker and has that touch of class.
A full season of him and Moore playing attacking football would have seen a different player IMO

Sat May 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Think he has been a success for us as he must have felt like he was playing League 1 tactics under Harris....defend and pas backwards whenever possible.
He must have wondered what he was doing at city after being at Bournemouth.....he is inconsistent but he a real worker and has that touch of class.
A full season of him and Moore playing attacking football would have seen a different player IMO

Sat May 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Put “Success or failure” aside for a minute and just be pleased and remember with gratitude we witnessed something memorable today. 2 free kicks with the quality and style not seen since Whitts (especially the second) and a moment of impudence and evidence of his total class for his opener.

Sat May 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gutting we never going to see Harry Wilson and potentially kieffer Moore playing live for cardiff city,2 top quality players,think we havent helped wilson at times with way we played certain games but cant deny his quality and moore,hope he stays but should be in premiership.

Absolutely agree. Ambition? Wilson signing clear declaration.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards!!

:bluebird: :D

Sat May 01, 2021 5:28 pm

Blue78 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Sums my thoughts up absolute class today ,a hatrick but where has they been all season too little too late

Today was the perfect set up for him abs way of playing - too much this season has been about long balls to Kieffer and expecting Wilson go pick up the knock downs. I can barely recall a long ball today - everything on the ground so he could make his movement count.

we were playing kids....

Sat May 01, 2021 5:34 pm

One of the best hatricks you're ever likely to see today. That's why fans get frustrated because we all know he's capable of that but being consistent week in week out is the issue.

For me he has been a success but could've done better and I would love to see him back here next season although very unlikely.

Wilson is a match winner in my view another Peter Whittingham, one minute you'll be shouting for him to come off then he'll smash one in a free kick from 30 yards or unlock a defence with a sublime cross or pass that's why I would always leave him on.

Shame we'll probably never get to see him live at the stadium. Hopefully he'll carry this form into the Euros now.

Sat May 01, 2021 5:40 pm

D.A.C. wrote:One of the best hatricks you're ever likely to see today. That's why fans get frustrated because we all know he's capable of that but being consistent week in week out is the issue.

For me he has been a success but could've done better and I would love to see him back here next season although very unlikely.

Wilson is a match winner in my view another Peter Whittingham, one minute you'll be shouting for him to come off then he'll smash one in a free kick from 30 yards or unlock a defence with a sublime cross or pass that's why I would always leave him on.

Shame we'll probably never get to see him live at the stadium. Hopefully he'll carry this form into the Euros now.

Agree ,I'm frustrated with him hes got it all to be a top player

Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Hes been involved in 19 goals this season - 30% of the goals we have scored. Probably should have a few more goals but he's had a good season. Lets face it, he's playing in a team that doesn't play to his strengths and he's still done well.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Harry Wilson is a fantastic player with so much ability. Even for his standards he has been below par in terms of his performance throughout his time with us. This could be due to no fans, the switch in managers or that he is on loan and not in Cardiff permanently. I have no doubt in his ability i think he is a fantastic welshman and this club is perfect for him, if this club do the obviously thing and get him permanently. Bet he would want another season with us especially because no one was in the stadium to support him.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 pm

Your first point is spot on. He is way ahead in terms of thought compared to others at this level.

Just watch his goal for Wales against Belgium for example.

Best midfielder I’ve seen for us since Whitts at his best.

Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 pm

by Escott1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Hes been involved in 19 goals this season - 30% of the goals we have scored. Probably should have a few more goals but he's had a good season. Lets face it, he's playing in a team that doesn't play to his strengths and he's still done well.

Spot on. :old:

Tue May 04, 2021 10:51 am

Scoularite wrote:
by Escott1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Spot on. :old:

I think the problem is everyone expected him to do what he did at Derby. And because he hasnt replicated that season then he's failed this season. Any other player in the team gets those sort of stats and everyone would be loving him - like Tomlin last season.

I dont think we seen the best of him in this team but his stats are still impressive. Which shows his quality/ability.

Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 am

D.A.C. wrote:One of the best hatricks you're ever likely to see today. That's why fans get frustrated because we all know he's capable of that but being consistent week in week out is the issue.

Agreed, great hatrick, great player, he's been a success, but too good for us unfortunately!

Tue May 04, 2021 11:03 am

Crayfish wrote:Think Wilson himself would see another season in the championship as a step backwards. Can see him going to the likes of Burnley, Norwich or Brighton and if Liverpool are asking too much for a transfer fee on loan to someone like that.

Agreed, I think he could make it at somewhere like Leicester or just below, he's better than we've seen and will look a lot better in a good team with quick thinking players!
Post a reply