ANOTHER VIEW (v BIRMINGHAM): HAVE WE MISSED A TRICK?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ANOTHER VIEW (v BIRMINGHAM): HAVE WE MISSED A TRICK?

Postby Pencoed » Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 pm

Not sure who the 6 youngest were looks like 3 youngsters to me who've previously had very little game time. Mick sees these players every day he'll know when and if to give them game time. Shouldn't forget that before this season Ng only played in league 2 and is still adjusting to this level
Pencoed

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 01, 2021 6:45 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:I think MM got it spot on today....strong finish to the season will give us more momentum for the start of next season .
Watched the game with a Birmingham fan who felt totally disillusioned with their team selection.....too many changes in one game .

The latter is the point. We all want to see the kids given a game but not for the sake of it. Bowyers decision whilst commendable was just too extreme.
Not sure though about the former point. That starting X1 will be so different to our opening game next season.

clubs change players every year but the bulk of the squad remains as will the momentum and attitude..
Bowyer learned nothing today, absolutely nothing...just threw a bunch of kids under a bus... boy did he get his evaluation of his squad wrong if he though they were anywhere near good enough to take on a decent championship team...

Take Harry a premier standard players 3 brilliant goals out of equation and what was the difference? Think the point is play them in a game of no importance see how react to real game tim what was to lose besides game? . dont think for one minute expect 4/5 youngsters to play together next season.... but getting valuable match time is better for their development than twiddling thumbs on bench while team is 3 up and see an old stager come on... Can you explain what was better a youngster or Williams coming on?
If Bowyer learned nothing must question is managerial abilities... but would have thought he learned more than mick did that's for sure...

yes Harry Wilson played.. maybe Bowyer should at least look at who they are up against.

Boywer knows who plays for ccfc but was not afraid to play youngsters anyway....unlike MM who couldn't even put one on when 3 nil up but chooses Williams instead! are the youngsters so bad that he doesn't have confidence in them when 3 nil up? Great man management towards youngsters
I'm no manager but even I can see preferring and old player over a youngster when 3 nil up is a sign manager doesnt want you on pitch great for confidence..
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sat May 01, 2021 7:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I agree with Sven, that MM does not have the same view on the youngsters as Tan.

Warnock and Harris didn't rate them.

I have a feeling that MM is quietly managing a football club as a football club should managed and purely playing lip service to what the owner is demanding

:shock: experienced football managers might not think the same as Tan and Allan.... :shock:

Wtf as tan got to do with mine or others opinion about playing youngsters in a meaningless game? So its your option that MM IS ignoring the 3 people who run ccfc and hes just sticking youngsters on bench for the fun of it? What a waste of money having an academy with players that a manager doesn't believe in playing but picks for the bench to please the owner ? May as well put tea lady there save on bonuses for being in 1st team squad. :thumbup:

so..you think young boys on the bench is for the fun of it and they get zero out of being with the first team squad..... ?
tbh im not sure we had a great deal of options regarding who was on the bench... but taking youngsters is a regular event at most clubs....and yes unfortunately if the academy is not producing it could be viewed as a waste of money...
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Sat May 01, 2021 7:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:I think MM got it spot on today....strong finish to the season will give us more momentum for the start of next season .
Watched the game with a Birmingham fan who felt totally disillusioned with their team selection.....too many changes in one game .

The latter is the point. We all want to see the kids given a game but not for the sake of it. Bowyers decision whilst commendable was just too extreme.
Not sure though about the former point. That starting X1 will be so different to our opening game next season.

clubs change players every year but the bulk of the squad remains as will the momentum and attitude..
Bowyer learned nothing today, absolutely nothing...just threw a bunch of kids under a bus... boy did he get his evaluation of his squad wrong if he though they were anywhere near good enough to take on a decent championship team...

Take Harry a premier standard players 3 brilliant goals out of equation and what was the difference? Think the point is play them in a game of no importance see how react to real game tim what was to lose besides game? . dont think for one minute expect 4/5 youngsters to play together next season.... but getting valuable match time is better for their development than twiddling thumbs on bench while team is 3 up and see an old stager come on... Can you explain what was better a youngster or Williams coming on?
If Bowyer learned nothing must question is managerial abilities... but would have thought he learned more than mick did that's for sure...

yes Harry Wilson played.. maybe Bowyer should at least look at who they are up against.

Boywer knows who plays for ccfc but was not afraid to play youngsters anyway....unlike MM who couldn't even put one on when 3 nil up but chooses Williams instead! are the youngsters so bad that he doesn't have confidence in them when 3 nil up? Great man management towards youngsters
I'm no manager but even I can see preferring and old player over a youngster when 3 nil up is a sign manager doesnt want you on pitch great for confidence..

ah... so he did know what they were up against but chucked kids under a bus anyway..... he got it wrong and sending boys out against men was a mistake.. 4-0 ffs... wasnt afraid but was foolish... and not ready but being taken in the first team squad has no negative effect... boys are normally thrilled to even be included...
skidemin

Postby boyo1927 » Sat May 01, 2021 10:09 pm

At 3 nil.he needed to put on another 2 youngsters. Why out Williams on? And why importantly not use the full 5 subs. Davies or Evans to get 5.mins on the pitch would have been great....strange from mick
boyo1927

Postby Scoularite » Sat May 01, 2021 11:45 pm

Brezza » Sat May 01, 2021 5:04 pm

But the point is surely we were 3 v 0 up. That was the time for the youngsters. They must have been so disillusioned not to get on. If we are in a promotion race - is not the time. If it’s a relegation fight - it’s not the time. So when exactly us it time? Why the hell bring Johnny Williams on so late instead of a youngster.
Brezza

Totally agree. If they were regarded as good enough to be on the bench then surely at least one of them could have played for a short while later on, particularly as there was no impact on either promotion or relegation candidates, and Jonny Williams then going on must have made them feel great. As Rotherham may still be fighting against relegation next week, that game might be more of a moral problem, so today would have been the ideal game to give them some time.p :(
Scoularite

Postby Escott1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 pm

I keep seeing the same statement made by people saying that some posters want to see the u23s fielded. I dont think I've seen one post saying that. In fact, in every thread that talks about the youngsters, its explained we just want to see 1 or 2.

3 nil up with 10-15mins to go would have been a good opportunity to give the 1 of the 3 lads a run. We seen how buzzing colwil was when he made his debut in the 90th min. Bringing Williams on in the 88th min was absolutely pointless.
Escott1927

Previous

Return to General Chat