Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy: “He is our best player since I took over.”

Sun May 02, 2021 5:44 am

MICK McCARTHY:

“He is our best player since I took over.”

"Why Harry Wilson could not go back to Liverpool and play there?"

McCarthy said after the win over the Midlands side.

"He is their player. I'm not going to pick and choose where he should go, but he is absolute quality.

"He is a great pro. Even the first game when he was left out and everybody was shocked, he responded brilliantly.

"That's what I love about him. His ability and sheer determination to play.

"He is Liverpool's player and I would love to see him go back and play there.

"But he has been to Hull, Bournemouth, Derby, here. I think he feels he got a raw deal from the Premier League from his time at Bournemouth, because they got relegated and almost like it reflects badly on him.

"It shouldn't do. I saw him play for them. I sincerely hope [the Premier League] is where he is next year because that's where he deserves to be."

McCarthy said that Wilson had been "arguably our best player" since he took charge of the club back in January.

He has shown moments of true quality over the course of the last few months and on Saturday turned out his best display yet.

And McCarthy lavished praise on the Welshman's performance, lauding his hat-trick as "wonderful".

"It's as good a hat-trick I've ever seen," the Bluebirds manager added. "It was fabulous.

"The first one is absolutely awesome. It was sublime, that, the outside of his left foot, not really set to hit it and he pulls that out.

"The second one, he bent it around the wall and the third one just popped the tin hat on it.

"It was wonderful. As good a hat-trick as you'll ever see."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mick McCarthy: “He is our best player since I took over.

Tue May 04, 2021 1:31 pm

After MM latest offering...Johnny W must be a close second as he going to fit in nicely to fill the JW hole left.