Stadium return

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stadium return

Postby ChloeBlue01 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:07 pm

When do you think we will be allowed back? Start of the season?

Assuming it would still be a fazed return.

Wasn't a ST holder last few years but not going ever has really made me miss it and look forward to getting back there. :bluebird:
ChloeBlue01

Stadium return

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Stadium return

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 am

ChloeBlue01 wrote:When do you think we will be allowed back? Start of the season?

Assuming it would still be a fazed return.

Wasn't a ST holder last few years but not going ever has really made me miss it and look forward to getting back there. :bluebird:

Chloe, awaiting on our Welsh Govt, to see what they say about capacity and what dates etc :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am

It’s a good question that we’d all love an answer to.

I just hope when we’re allowed back, it’s not a case of all having to wear masks in the pub and stadium, with a no singing policy being implemented in the later. That would ruin my match day experience and if that was the case, I’d rather continue watching on my IPad from the comfort of my own living room. The social element is more important than the football to me and I’d want to enjoy it.

Can’t wait to get back to normality! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
103 Barmy Army

Postby Leon1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 am

FA cup final plus after 17th May in England, which will mean all prem teams will have 1 game with their home fans. Not sure when the play off games are.
Leon1927

Postby JJ1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 am

If there is no vaccine evading mutating virus i cant see any reason why we cant be back to normal for the start of next season. There may be some limited capacity - say 50 % - but that wont make much difference to us. If UK government go that way which it seems that they will,i cant see Drakeford- if he is still there- being able to anything different
JJ1927

Postby Leon1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:43 am

The play offs will be interesting as they start on 17th May, so Bournemouth will have fans at the Swansea game but will the jacks be allowed fans. If they can’t then that’s a big advantage to Bournemouth.
Leon1927

Postby Leon1927 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:45 am

Or Barnsley
Leon1927

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon May 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Start of next season would be ideal since everyone is getting vaccinated before August when next season kicks off.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby davids » Mon May 03, 2021 7:34 pm

JJ1927 wrote:If there is no vaccine evading mutating virus i cant see any reason why we cant be back to normal for the start of next season. There may be some limited capacity - say 50 % - but that wont make much difference to us. If UK government go that way which it seems that they will,i cant see Drakeford- if he is still there- being able to anything different

Drakeford has already said that there will be no crowds allowed in stadiums this year and I've not heard him say anything different recently.

And when Labour get in again in Wales which is absolutely inevitable that they will, whoever is their leader will do everything they can (as Drakeford has) to do things differently from what happens in England.
davids

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon May 03, 2021 8:01 pm

davids wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:If there is no vaccine evading mutating virus i cant see any reason why we cant be back to normal for the start of next season. There may be some limited capacity - say 50 % - but that wont make much difference to us. If UK government go that way which it seems that they will,i cant see Drakeford- if he is still there- being able to anything different

Drakeford has already said that there will be no crowds allowed in stadiums this year and I've not heard him say anything different recently.

When did he say this?

A "potential stadia event" is being considered by the Welsh Government as part of a pilot scheme for the return of crowds to sporting events in Wales. Wales' first minister says the test events have been scheduled for May.
"We all look forward to be able to be back watching sport," he said at his press briefing. "We're going to have some pilot events here in May."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/56600406.amp

Another quote from the same briefing:
"If the pilots go well, and if the situation with the virus continues to improve then I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibilty at all, that by the end of this calendar year we might see the return of spectators to sporting venues, albeit, it will have to be in ways that take account of the continuing risk that coronavirus would pose."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/mar ... h-19939177
WestCoastBlue

Postby davids » Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
davids wrote:

When did he say this?

A "potential stadia event" is being considered by the Welsh Government as part of a pilot scheme for the return of crowds to sporting events in Wales. Wales' first minister says the test events have been scheduled for May.
"We all look forward to be able to be back watching sport," he said at his press briefing. "We're going to have some pilot events here in May."

"If the pilots go well, and if the situation with the virus continues to improve then I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibilty at all, that by the end of this calendar year we might see the return of spectators to sporting venues, albeit, it will have to be in ways that take account of the continuing risk that coronavirus would pose."

The last quote you've just mentioned is where he has said it.

"I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility... that by the end of THIS CALENDER YEAR we might see the return of spectators to sporting venues"

Does that not indicate that it will be next year before spectators return? He also uses the words "possibility" and "might" and "if" to avoid any form of commitment.

Have any of those pilot events for May been arranged yet?
davids

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm

davids wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
davids wrote:

When did he say this?

The last quote you've just mentioned is where he has said it.

"I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility... that by the end of THIS CALENDER YEAR we might see the return of spectators to sporting venues"

Does that not indicate that it will be next year before spectators return? He also uses the words "possibility" and "might" and "if" to avoid any form of commitment.

Have any of those pilot events for May been arranged yet?

I personally would use "by the end of" meaning before the end of. Once X has ended Y has happened, not once X has ended then Y will happen. If a boss told me to get a piece of work done by the end of the week I'd have it sorted by Friday and not do it the following Monday.

As for using "if"s and "possibly"s that's what every politician does with every topic of conversation. It's not a new thing either.
WestCoastBlue

Postby mjw6150 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 am

It would be a disgrace if full stadiums are not in place from August. By then everyone who want the vaccine will be fully vaccinated (and take up is around the 95% mark - far above what is needed for herd immunity). Vaccine passports are discriminatory and not even necessary given high take up. Time to get back to normal.

Pretty sure any attendance restrictions next season will spark a major financial crisis in lower leagues. They budgeted for no fans this season.
mjw6150

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:13 am

There should at least be reduced crowds now. Managed by the club staff with well organised common sense restrictions in place.

There is no justification for not allowing this from August.

The club should be pushing for this before announcing season ticket renewal.

:old:
nickjonesrox2

Postby Leon1927 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 am

Premier league have just announced home fans are allowed from 17th May, so they have now moved games around to ensure every club has fans before the season ends. We are just waiting for an announcement from the football league which is likely to be the same, meaning the play off games will have home fans. Surely they can’t penalise Swansea?
Leon1927

Postby llan bluebird » Wed May 05, 2021 2:14 pm

The writing is on the wall guys, just read the tea leaves

WRU have a full Autumn programme with the southern hemisphere big guns....... It costs to bring them over and its about £4~5 million in gate receipts per game
llan bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 05, 2021 2:23 pm

I've heard its November.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluesince62 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:11 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The writing is on the wall guys, just read the tea leaves

WRU have a full Autumn programme with the southern hemisphere big guns....... It costs to bring them over and its about £4~5 million in gate receipts per game

I posted the same thing the other day, wru are "confident " of full houses for the autumn international matches.or is it to get people buying tickets? We will soon see I guess.
bluesince62

Return to General Chat