Cardiff City Star to join Leeds United?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 05, 2021 10:10 am

Harry Wilson backed for Leeds United transfer amid blunt Liverpool future comments and why Cardiff City loan man is perfect for Marcelo Bielsa

Harry Wilson has one year left on his Liverpool contract and he is facing a big decision on his future this summer

Wednesday 5th May 2021

Leeds United have been backed to make a move for Cardiff City loan man Harry Wilson this summer.

The Welshman spent the 2020-21 season in the south Wales capital where he has contributed seven goals and 12 assists across a very steady campaign.

The highlight of his Bluebirds stay undoubtedly came last weekend, when he hit a stunning hat-trick against Birmingham City at St Andrew's.

After the game, Wilson spoke about his future at parent club Liverpool, stressing that he wants to play at the highest level he can - whether that be at Anfield or further afield.

"Obviously it’s always been my aim to get into the Liverpool team and play for the club I’ve been at since I was eight," he said.

"But you know the quality Liverpool have got, the famous front three. I feel I’m good enough to be in that squad. I’d like to think I could go in there and add something different.

"I’ve always been confident in my ability and, playing with the players in that team, I feel it would help me with my game. But that’s out of my hands.

"That’s up to the manager there to make those decisions but I’m fully focused on finishing the season with Cardiff and playing at the Euros with Wales.

"I’m determined to have a good tournament there and, if it’s not with Liverpool, I’m determined to get a move.

"I feel I deserve to play at the highest level I can."

Now, former Leeds striker Noel Whelan feels that his old club should reignite their longstanding interest in Wilson - stating that he would be an upgrade on current Whites player and Wales team-mate Tyler Roberts in Marcelo Bielsa's squad.

Wilson has one year to run on his Liverpool contract, with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp likely to cash in on the No.10 this summer.

And Whelan feels he has all the attributes of a Bielsa player.

He told Football Insider : “Wilson could be an option for us. He is better than Tyler Roberts .

“Roberts has had a good run of games now and Marcelo Bielsa has talked about consistency and for me he has not shown it. Roberts has been given a really good crack of the whip in the second half of the season and [I] do not think he has been consistent. He hasn’t nailed that position down.

“When you are talking about a number 10, you need to be the star player. You need the one who creates, the one who opens up the door. He cannot do that on a regular basis.

“Wilson is a busy player, he has an eye for a pass, pace and a wonderful left-foot. He can adapt to a number of roles as well which is what Marcelo Bielsa likes.”
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1310466221.jpg
0_GettyImages-1310466221.jpg (40.48 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City Star to join Leeds United?

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed May 05, 2021 11:12 am

Not sure he's the right sort of player for Leeds, assuming Bielsa stays there.

Could understand more if he went to someone like Southampton.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat