Free agent list....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Free agent list....

Postby Barclay1 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Thanks to Teeside media.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-20512886

Some very good players on there.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Free agent list....

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Free agent list....

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu May 06, 2021 7:18 am

Thanks for sharing this.

Looking at our players, JB would be our biggest loss based on ability, aggression and requirements of the current squad. Also a good mentor for young Bagan. If he does leave, I’ve read Adam Reach at Wednesday (free) would be a good replacement, but have no idea what he’s like.

JH has underperformed for a couple of seasons on the wing, although personally I’d have liked to have seen more experimentation towards the later part of the season, with him adopting a more central attacking role, or even afforded an opportunity at LWB. If he’s not being used, freeing up his wages makes sense.

CB could be useful as a reliable replacement centre half on cheap wages, but I’d rather not see him gracing the LWB position ever again as he looks uncomfortable and attacking emphasis (which the formation requires) is lost. Worth the extra 12 months at a minimum.

Releasing JD is a no brainier with a young keeper ready to step in, even if we do get rid of one of our recognised top two Goalkeepers.

As for the other teams players, I’d be lying if I said I knew loads about them, but the free transfer market is one we will probably look to exploit, although it could be quite competitive this year, slightly inflating wages.
103 Barmy Army

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 am

Barclay1 wrote:Thanks to Teeside media.

There are about 7 on that list that we are interested in!

If Joe Bennett accepts a much lower contract etc then I’m sure he will stay but it’s up to him. :bluescarf:
Pulisnewport

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu May 06, 2021 1:42 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

If Joe Bennett accepts a much lower contract etc then I’m sure he will stay but it’s up to him. :bluescarf:

Amari'i Bell would be a great replacement for Joe Bennett. Youngers, much faster, cheaper and more suited to the wing-back role.

Reach is an obvious choice to add some creativity in midfield.

Honestly though, there aren't that many players that I think we should go for. Many are over 30 and we are trying to reduce the average age of our squad. In terms of strikers, there is only Diedhiou who would be a decent striker as a back-up to Moore.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Amari'i Bell would be a great replacement for Joe Bennett. Youngers, much faster, cheaper and more suited to the wing-back role.

Reach is an obvious choice to add some creativity in midfield.

Honestly though, there aren't that many players that I think we should go for. Many are over 30 and we are trying to reduce the average age of our squad. In terms of strikers, there is only Diedhiou who would be a decent striker as a back-up to Moore.

Amari'i Bell would be a very good choice to replace Bennett. I'm sure we have been in for him previously.

Is it time to let Bennett go I wonder
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby pengamblue » Sat May 08, 2021 7:12 am

ASSOMBOLONGA , RHODES , REACH ,AMARI BELL STAND OUT FOR ME
pengamblue

Postby derynglas » Sat May 08, 2021 9:50 am

Some decent players on there, could be a fairly decent squad through the free transfer market alone.
derynglas

Return to General Chat