NEWCASTLE & NORWICH TO OFFER FOR CITY STAR

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEWCASTLE & NORWICH TO OFFER FOR CITY STAR

Postby maccydee » Fri May 07, 2021 10:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I think this summer is going to be a wake up call for a few of us. Got a feeling a few first team players are going to be sold, I personally really like vaulks but everyone will have their price this year. No parachute money and covid will mean cost cutting like never before. I think it will be a few sold and replaced by players on frees, although there will be some good players available out of contract so hopefully we get a few of those. My biggest hope is that we don’t sell for stupidly low fees like we have before. Unfortunately I think keiffer will be sold and looks like vaulks may join him, should be looking at over £20 million for the pair.

We have never sold players we didn’t want to sell for cheap under Tan.

We sold Patterson on the cheap.

Because we wanted to. I did clarify that.

I think that was a mistake by the way but we wanted to sell him.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby skidemin » Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 am

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Our club has no ambition under Tan and that is the problem.

Based on what?

the fans engagement table...

That has been proved wrong we have already had three meetings this year with the board, don't take my word for it ask Corky
I think he said that we are better than most clubs re fans meeting than most of the championship!

i was obviously being sarcastic..as i pointed out in the thread on the topic ..according to that we were 40 odd places behind Wigan who went into admin , had a points deduction and got relegated....
skidemin

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri May 07, 2021 3:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:..... Use Leicester as a business model.

What, build a stadium while in debt, go into administration, f**k over the little creditors, get no points deduction and start from a clean slate.

Morally appalling.

I made exactly the same point.

Some people do talk some shite.

Macydee this is a chat forum for discussions and opinions so if you can't discuss without being abusive then don't get involved. Stick to plane spotting. :bluebird:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby maccydee » Fri May 07, 2021 4:01 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:..... Use Leicester as a business model.

What, build a stadium while in debt, go into administration, f**k over the little creditors, get no points deduction and start from a clean slate.

Morally appalling.

I made exactly the same point.

Some people do talk some shite.

Macydee this is a chat forum for discussions and opinions so if you can't discuss without being abusive then don't get involved. Stick to plane spotting. :bluebird:

Agree. People can have their opinions and I can say they are talking Shite.

That’s not being abusive that’s giving an opinion.

Plane spotting? Good one.
maccydee

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Id bite there hand off with 2 million let alone 5mil. although it will be freebies/loans next season and if we are lucky we may get a lower league signing again who will hardly play. Thats my guess but its been the case for a few seasons now so its not as if we dont know the score with players who have to go first. Im certainly not interested in daft money signings for more debt thats for sure :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby maccydee » Fri May 07, 2021 6:31 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Id bite there hand off with 2 million let alone 5mil. although it will be freebies/loans next season and if we are lucky we may get a lower league signing again who will hardly play. Thats my guess but its been the case for a few seasons now so its not as if we dont know the score with players who have to go first. Im certainly not interested in daft money signings for more debt thats for sure :bluescarf:

Lower league Moore? Before that Flint, Pack, Vaulks from championship teams.

Ng lower league who played a bit.
maccydee

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Maybe Newcastle can take JM to join his brother or Norwich might have him back for less - Gives MM money to play with
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:38 am

maccydee wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Id bite there hand off with 2 million let alone 5mil. although it will be freebies/loans next season and if we are lucky we may get a lower league signing again who will hardly play. Thats my guess but its been the case for a few seasons now so its not as if we dont know the score with players who have to go first. Im certainly not interested in daft money signings for more debt thats for sure :bluescarf:

Bar Ng every other player you mentioned played in same league as us when we signed them more or less. I'm on about div 1 or a div 2 player would probably be our only money signing again it all depends what goes out like I said above and we've been told there's nothing to spend hardly
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby maccydee » Sat May 08, 2021 11:54 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Bar Ng every other player you mentioned played in same league as us when we signed them more or less. I'm on about div 1 or a div 2 player would probably be our only money signing again it all depends what goes out like I said above and we've been told there's nothing to spend hardly

I know that’s my point. Signed from same division in contrary to you writing that we have been getting frees or lower league players for a couple of years now.
maccydee

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:38 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If we lose Vaulks, Moore, Morrison or even all 3 (which isnt beyond the realm of possibility) then I will be very worried about what next season will bring.

Ontop of that, I hope the loans and free agents start to come through the door as the squad is severely undermanned as it is.

If we have to ship people out before getting people in then Doris the tea lady will need to come in at CB at this rate!

Agree with this why sell our best assets if mm wants a promotion push this season he will be thinking we finished comfortably in eighth position so he will want to go one better and reach the playoffs at least but that want happen if he’s got to sell I’ll be worried as well come the start of next season
cardiff 74

Postby mjw6150 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:29 am

Vaulks is replaceable if we get a seriously good offer. I'd hold out for closer to £10m as these Prem clubs have serious £££ with the TV deal
mjw6150

Previous

Return to General Chat