Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEWCASTLE & NORWICH TO OFFER FOR CITY STAR

Thu May 06, 2021 11:31 am

Exclusive: Newcastle United are one of a number of clubs interested in Cardiff City midfielder Will Vaulks.

Norwich City and Sheffield United also keen.

The Welsh international Midfielder has had a superb season and Cardiff value Vaulks at £5million.

Mick McCarthy has already been told by the CCFC board he has to sell this Summer.

The Daily Mail and Media Wales are both saying Newcastle are ready to make a bid, with Norwich also expected to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEWCASTLE & NORWICH TO OFFER FOR CITY STAR

Thu May 06, 2021 11:44 am

If any prem club actually table a bid for any of our players it would be hard for us to stop whoever leaving.

Thu May 06, 2021 11:50 am

If we lose Vaulks, Moore, Morrison or even all 3 (which isnt beyond the realm of possibility) then I will be very worried about what next season will bring.

Ontop of that, I hope the loans and free agents start to come through the door as the squad is severely undermanned as it is.

If we have to ship people out before getting people in then Doris the tea lady will need to come in at CB at this rate!

Thu May 06, 2021 11:55 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If any prem club actually table a bid for any of our players it would be hard for us to stop whoever leaving.

Martin,

Depends which clubs and depends on the ambition of our club next season ??

Thu May 06, 2021 12:16 pm

Sion PillLeShoes Holt Flag of Wales
@DonLeShoes

Replying to
@AnnisAbraham

I rate Vaulks. I acknowledge a lot on forum don’t , just see a throw . If there’s any credibility in these interested Premier clubs, which play passing uptempo style and press. Begs question why we aren’t . He loyal and passionate. Scores great goals. Yes long throw. Good 4 us.

Thu May 06, 2021 12:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:If any prem club actually table a bid for any of our players it would be hard for us to stop whoever leaving.

Martin,

Depends which clubs and depends on the ambition of our club next season ??

Think most clubs including some in the Premier will be curtailing their ambitions next season Annis, think it's going to be a matter of just staying afloat for many.

Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Like many other clubs, I see a massive tightening of belts. (Apart from Tomlin obviously).

5 million and the Committee will bite the hands off the club asking.

Thu May 06, 2021 6:33 pm

Best news I've heard all week.

Thu May 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Our club has no ambition under Tan and that is the problem.

Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Our club has no ambition under Tan and that is the problem.

Based on what?

Thu May 06, 2021 7:29 pm

maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

the fans engagement table...

Thu May 06, 2021 7:36 pm

maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

Based on lack of investment and Tan being bored of his hobbie. Yes he has invested but nowhere near enough to establish us as a prem club. Had two opportunities and failed. He has lost interest and I feel he is keeping us afloat to sell when the opportunity and price is right. Just my opinion.

Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 pm

:lol: :lol: Well done Wills agent, maybe this gets him belatedly into Pages Euro squad

Still waiting for Chelsea to come calling for Josh

Thu May 06, 2021 8:08 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

So taking bollocks basically.

Thu May 06, 2021 8:13 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

Based on lack of investment and Tan being bored of his hobbie. Yes he has invested but nowhere near enough to establish us as a prem club. Had two opportunities and failed. He has lost interest and I feel he is keeping us afloat to sell when the opportunity and price is right. Just my opinion.

Wasn’t sure I could be bothered really but people talking bollocks on the internet really grits my shit so I will.

If you are talking about now or post rebrand being undone then maybe I would agree. That was the price of the rebrand and the price of going back to blue.

However prior to back to blue he invested vast amounts in the playing staff (mostly wasted by Malky and Ole), ground and other infrastructure for our club. Even post back to blue he has hardly lost interest. He just hasn’t invested crazily. Nor should he. Fulham did and it has got them the same two seasons in the premier league as us.

He has invested far more than we deserve.

Thu May 06, 2021 8:20 pm

He has invested true. As a lifelong fan I love it. More than we deserve?

Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 pm

maccydee wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

Wasn’t sure I could be bothered really but people talking bollocks on the internet really grits my shit so I will.

If you are talking about now or post rebrand being undone then maybe I would agree. That was the price of the rebrand and the price of going back to blue.

However prior to back to blue he invested vast amounts in the playing staff (mostly wasted by Malky and Ole), ground and other infrastructure for our club. Even post back to blue he has hardly lost interest. He just hasn’t invested crazily. Nor should he. Fulham did and it has got them the same two seasons in the premier league as us.

Until somebody does investment more which is always a risk we will be a ping pong championship team at best. Use Leicester as a business model.

Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

Until somebody does investment more which is always a risk we will be a ping pong championship team at best. Use Leicester as a business model.

Leicester chucked money at it.... dont think VT will go down that road again

Thu May 06, 2021 9:26 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

Unfortunately we missed out on taking admin to wipe out our debts.

Leicester have a chairman who is all in and who the fans really appreciate. Hence why he has chucked money at it. Tan was prepared to do that but the price was changing kit to his favourite colour. Most were happyish with that for a while but changed their minds when we started losing.

Changing back to blue would always result in less investment. Tan has been clear about that. He has still invested just not like he did when we were red.

Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Absolutely no way a Premier League club going anywhere near Vaulks.

Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:He has invested true. As a lifelong fan I love it. More than we deserve?

Yep, more than we deserve.

The subversive nature of a lot of our fans doesn’t deserve an owner who is prepared to treat our club like Tan does.

Re:

Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 pm

llan bluebird wrote::lol: :lol: Well done Wills agent, maybe this gets him belatedly into Pages Euro squad

Still waiting for Chelsea to come calling for Josh

;)

Fri May 07, 2021 7:05 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Absolutely no way a Premier League club going anywhere near Vaulks.

Why not?

He puts a shift in and can Tackle, has a long throw, pings a decent corner, has a very good shot and can score goals.

Next to better players he will look even better.

Fri May 07, 2021 7:30 am

I think this summer is going to be a wake up call for a few of us. Got a feeling a few first team players are going to be sold, I personally really like vaulks but everyone will have their price this year. No parachute money and covid will mean cost cutting like never before. I think it will be a few sold and replaced by players on frees, although there will be some good players available out of contract so hopefully we get a few of those. My biggest hope is that we don’t sell for stupidly low fees like we have before. Unfortunately I think keiffer will be sold and looks like vaulks may join him, should be looking at over £20 million for the pair.

Fri May 07, 2021 8:18 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:..... Use Leicester as a business model.

What, build a stadium while in debt, go into administration, f**k over the little creditors, get no points deduction and start from a clean slate.

Morally appalling.

Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 am

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I think this summer is going to be a wake up call for a few of us. Got a feeling a few first team players are going to be sold, I personally really like vaulks but everyone will have their price this year. No parachute money and covid will mean cost cutting like never before. I think it will be a few sold and replaced by players on frees, although there will be some good players available out of contract so hopefully we get a few of those. My biggest hope is that we don’t sell for stupidly low fees like we have before. Unfortunately I think keiffer will be sold and looks like vaulks may join him, should be looking at over £20 million for the pair.

We have never sold players we didn’t want to sell for cheap under Tan.

Fri May 07, 2021 8:45 am

Wayne S wrote:

What, build a stadium while in debt, go into administration, f**k over the little creditors, get no points deduction and start from a clean slate.

Morally appalling.

I made exactly the same point.

Some people do talk some shite.

Fri May 07, 2021 9:28 am

Wayne S wrote:

Morally appalling.

This is rarely mentioned when everyone goes on about Leicester. Southampton did something similar. People have such short memories

Fri May 07, 2021 9:39 am

maccydee wrote:
warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I think this summer is going to be a wake up call for a few of us. Got a feeling a few first team players are going to be sold, I personally really like vaulks but everyone will have their price this year. No parachute money and covid will mean cost cutting like never before. I think it will be a few sold and replaced by players on frees, although there will be some good players available out of contract so hopefully we get a few of those. My biggest hope is that we don’t sell for stupidly low fees like we have before. Unfortunately I think keiffer will be sold and looks like vaulks may join him, should be looking at over £20 million for the pair.

We have never sold players we didn’t want to sell for cheap under Tan.

We sold Patterson on the cheap.

Fri May 07, 2021 9:48 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Based on what?

That has been proved wrong we have already had three meetings this year with the board, don't take my word for it ask Corky
I think he said that we are better than most clubs re fans meeting than most of the championship!