Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Future prospects of Cardiff City

Sun May 09, 2021 12:47 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Yes I remember... a weird joint manager situation at times with Kenny Hibbit.

I think I read somewhere they were telling players different tactics, and not to listen to the other.

Not sure they actually liked each other!

Here's a question..... I can think of two other occasions when we had joint managers. Neither worked well at all. Anyone care to have a stab at who they were?

the 2 jimmys and more recently gabs and scott young.... not sure the later pair were ever seen as possible long term replacements for OGS...

Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 pm

I think Gabbidon and Scott Young managed us for about four days and it was four days to long. As far as I can remember we had a midweek league cup game against Bournemouth at home .Gabbidon had basically retired as he was well past his best but picked himself to play and we were 3-0 down in about 20 minutes. I think if we had kept those two as joint managers we would be playing in the Conference south.

Sun May 09, 2021 3:41 pm

We also had Richie Morgan and Graham Williams, with the latter taking over on his own a few months later.

By all accounts, Williams and the players didn't get on and Williams was ousted a soon after.

Sun May 09, 2021 4:57 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Yes I remember... a weird joint manager situation at times with Kenny Hibbit.

I think I read somewhere they were telling players different tactics, and not to listen to the other.

Not sure they actually liked each other!

Here's a question..... I can think of two other occasions when we had joint managers. Neither worked well at all. Anyone care to have a stab at who they were?

That was a crazy situation and the only 'joint' managers I can recall in my time were...

Jimmy Mullen (player) and Jimmy Goodfellow (Physio)

Danny Gabbidon and Scott Young (both players)

Neither group lasted long...

Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Crayfish wrote:I think Gabbidon and Scott Young managed us for about four days and it was four days to long. As far as I can remember we had a midweek league cup game against Bournemouth at home .Gabbidon had basically retired as he was well past his best but picked himself to play and we were 3-0 down in about 20 minutes. I think if we had kept those two as joint managers we would be playing in the Conference south.

well it was about 4 days before it became obvious RS was taking over full time...drew their first game away at Derby and a few days later RS resigned from Orient amid lots of rumours and a number of claims from their owner re not allowing him to come here which went on for a couple of weeks...we beat Wednesday at home and drew at Brighton... along with the weakened team losing in the lge cup ..then lost at Blackpool with RS there in a consultancy role but apparently not yet in charge...