Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

See that Bobby Madley is back refereeing

Sat May 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Sacked by the Premier league for apparant prejudice comments, I see he has returned to refereeing on the football league.

He was at Crawley v Bolton today.

Personally, his brother is a better referee, and I think he became too big for his boots.

Re: See that Bobby Madley is back refereeing

Sat May 08, 2021 4:40 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Sacked by the Premier league for apparant prejudice comments, I see he has returned to refereeing on the football league.

Personally, his brother is a better referee, and I think he became too big for his boots.

That was always going to be the case, fella... ;)

Too big for his boots?

Was he honestly any worse than many of his peers...? :?

Sat May 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Sacked by the Premier league for apparant prejudice comments, I see he has returned to refereeing on the football league.

That was always going to be the case, fella... ;)

Too big for his boots?

Was he honestly any worse than many of his peers...? :?

Got to say I agree with the OP.

He was a long way short of most of the other referees. They get a lot of stick, but they're not terrible referees - much better than the ones across Europe.

Andy Madley is a decent referee, not one of the best but decent.

His brother was awful though.

Sun May 09, 2021 8:01 am

He was actually back refereeing February 2020 :thumbup:

Sun May 09, 2021 10:26 am

Feb 20? Wow, wasnt aware of that. Slipped under the radar, and quietly officiating at a lower level.

I say He became too big for his boots. In reality, I wasn't a fan of his demeanour and man management of games.

Sun May 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Feb 20? Wow, wasnt aware of that. Slipped under the radar, and quietly officiating at a lower level.

I say He became too big for his boots. In reality, I wasn't a fan of his demeanour and man management of games.

I was surprised it was that far back but he was 'sacked' from the Premier League List and not the EFL...

I don't particularly go to or watch games for the referee's performance but I don't overly recall Bobby Madley doing us over in any particular game?

Craig Pawson, however, isn't on any Christmas Card list... :(

Sun May 09, 2021 5:32 pm

Ahh, now I DO take an interest in referees performances as I refereed at a good level in Wales for a long period.

I don't like Pawson for THAT decision, but have some sympathy as he was let down excruciatingly badly by his assistant. It's difficult to spot a tight offside, but very easy to spot one that blatant. I maintain he deliberately kept his flag down and let Pawson take the rap.

Refs I don't care for are usually for attitude rather than performance. Steve Martin, John Brooks, although Martin showed a lot if respect to Bamba as 4th official on Saturday when he came on as sub.

Coote has Improved from being scared of his own shadow, but Wiltshire referee Simon Hooper, just plain won't give us anything. There seems to be an attitude with us that he just can't stand us winning.