Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clear the decks Mick!

Sun May 09, 2021 9:23 am

time to get rid of the rubbish, the hangers on, the sick notes and those who just need to move on and have given their all, give yourself a chance of bringing in your squad.

so get this lot out quick:

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

and with the loanees going back

you should have a right wedge to move forward!

Re: Clear the decks Mick!

Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 am

Flint pack and ralls will be going nowhere. Bacuna I think will stay and harris deserves a new contract too. Josh Murphy was horrendous yesterday and despite the talent we don't see enough. Brown is a cheap squad option the rest will be moved on i suspect.

Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 am

Agree, There are some on that list league 1 and some league 2 players, a few like flint mid table championship at best.
If your talking about pack in midfield I agree, but MM playing him as a ball playing CB could be a stroke of genius.
With the glut of players available this transfer window there are better options than keeping the likes of Brown just because he’s a cheap option when called on.

Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm

arri potta wrote:time to get rid of the rubbish, the hangers on, the sick notes and those who just need to move on and have given their all, give yourself a chance of bringing in your squad.

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

Keep brown, flint and pack get rid of the rest

Sun May 09, 2021 4:50 pm

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sun May 09, 2021 6:51 pm

Easy to say get rid not as easy as that some being in contract you have to find a club to take them :?

Sun May 09, 2021 7:00 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Easy to say get rid not as easy as that some being in contract you have to find a club to take them :?

Spot on.

Mon May 10, 2021 9:03 am

arri potta wrote:time to get rid of the rubbish, the hangers on, the sick notes and those who just need to move on and have given their all, give yourself a chance of bringing in your squad.

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

nothing like a bit of wishful thinking... current financial climate even if clubs were remotely interested in that list how much of a wedge would Mick have ?

Mon May 10, 2021 9:13 am

I would only keep Flint out of this list of so called footballers.
Must get rid of Murphy, he is our worst ever signing. £10 Million, my god what did Warnock see in him.

Mon May 10, 2021 10:49 am

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

Your not far off with that list! Flint won’t be going anywhere. :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2021 11:15 am

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

McCarthy won’t be wanting to get rid of:

Bacuna
Pack
Ralls
Flint.

And he’s keeping Tomlin to give him a chance.
However, if any decent bids come in for anyone on your list or any other player they’ll be off including Moore and Morrison unfortunately.
Last edited by OriginalGrangeEndBlue on Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon May 10, 2021 11:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

As long as we have Morrison to pair with him :thumbup:

Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 am

Are we planning on playing 5 a side next season? With the loan players going you want to reduce our squad by 13 players?
:shock:

Mon May 10, 2021 12:47 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Are we planning on playing 5 a side next season? With the loan players going you want to reduce our squad by 13 players?

It’s quite possible with that many out of contract and loans we could bring in 13. Don’t be surprised if we do the squad needs an overhaul :bluescarf:

Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

As long as we have Morrison to pair with him :thumbup:

Roger, Morrison, Flint and Nelson will be staying and another centre back will come in to push those 3. :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2021 12:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

Bacuna
Pack
Ralls
Flint.

However, if any decent bids come in for anyone on your list or any other player they’ll be off including Moore and Morrison unfortunately.

Two of your Bacuna, Ralls and Pack will be gone during the window.

Mon May 10, 2021 1:39 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Are we planning on playing 5 a side next season? With the loan players going you want to reduce our squad by 13 players?

indeed and the squad was way to thin this season... aint happening....

Tue May 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

Bacuna
Pack
Ralls
Flint.

I hope they do if we can bring in better but I think on MIcks choice he would keep them.

I’d like Ralls to stay personally, he’s a good player even if it’s for the squad depending who we can get.

Tue May 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

bacuna
pack
ralls
flint
tomlin
hoilett
brown
vassell
harris
murphy

Bacuna
Pack
Ralls
Flint.

I hope they do if we can bring in better but I think on MIcks choice he would keep them.

I’d like Ralls to stay personally, he’s a good player even if it’s for the squad depending who we can get.

case of be careful what you wish for.... its ok people making lists of players they do not like imagining we can do better for less money { ive even seen suggested with academy players } but chances are if they go it will be downgrading.... we finished 8th yet half our fans seem to think it was 18th

Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm

skidemin wrote:

It’s called natural turnover, we have a lot of players at the end of their contracts together with some players who are clearly not good enough. On paper looks like a lot of players will leave one way or the other! There will be loads of players looking for a club this season and IMO we will sign a lot of players.

If MM wants to play the pressing game he will need a big squad to avoid burn out.

You have your ideas I have mine and only time will tell.

Tue May 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It’s called natural turnover, we have a lot of players at the end of their contracts together with some players who are clearly not good enough. On paper looks like a lot of players will leave one way or the other! There will be loads of players looking for a club this season and IMO we will sign a lot of players.

If MM wants to play the pressing game he will need a big squad to avoid burn out.

i hope we sign players because that last year was way to thin...not so sure about too many leaving other than those out of contract... truth be told we had to bring back loan players to become regulars and play under 23s , its not like we had any what were 1st teamers at start of season excluded bar junior and those injured...

Tue May 11, 2021 3:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i hope we sign players because that last year was way to thin...not so sure about too many leaving other than those out of contract... truth be told we had to bring back loan players to become regulars and play under 23s , its not like we had any what were 1st teamers at start of season excluded bar junior and those injured...

Hi, I agree with you we were caught out a bit. MM has intimated that there will be lots of movement out and in and he’s also said he wants a big squad.

Clearly a couple need to be moved out and I know the club don’t advertise who they want to sell hoping they can move them on.

Should be an interesting window IMO clubs now have the upper hand as any player wanting big money won’t get it.

Wed May 12, 2021 5:27 am

Is the suggestion we just pay up the contracts of the players on the list? Not only do other clubs need to want them, they must be willing to match wages too or they are going nowhere. Let's start with Bacuna, pretty sure it was reported Warnock signed him with a five year contract.

Wed May 12, 2021 7:08 am

Nothing against MM, I think if we were going for a major perhaps younger rebuild we should have started with the manager.
Also do think clubs are back now in a stronger position than players/ agents as their sometimes ridiculous demands just cannot be met so hopefully wage demands will start coming down ( there obviously will be the players who are willing to just sit on bench,or be ' injured ' and collect their cash )

Wed May 12, 2021 9:41 am

JulesK wrote:Nothing against MM, I think if we were going for a major perhaps younger rebuild we should have started with the manager.
Also do think clubs are back now in a stronger position than players/ agents as their sometimes ridiculous demands just cannot be met so hopefully wage demands will start coming down ( there obviously will be the players who are willing to just sit on bench,or be ' injured ' and collect their cash )

dont get the age thing....good trumps young all day long.....and the last 2 young managers we have had shouldnt be managing a local co op let alone a championship club...

Wed May 12, 2021 9:50 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Is the suggestion we just pay up the contracts of the players on the list? Not only do other clubs need to want them, they must be willing to match wages too or they are going nowhere. Let's start with Bacuna, pretty sure it was reported Warnock signed him with a five year contract.

not really sure what people are suggesting but your correct.... most on that list who are under contract signed for good pre covid money that anyone wanting to sign them would need to match..

Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 pm

I can't see Mick making any wholesale changes as suggested.
When he arrived at the club things looked very poor, but the same squad of players proved themselves as more than capable in the Championship since Micks arrival. To finish in 8th is no disgrace and with two or three changes, along with one or two of our promising youngsters making the grade he could improve on that next season.
I can't see Mr Tan opening up his cheque book, so it may be a case of 'better the devil you know!'