Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" One of Cardiff City’s main Stars leaves the club "

Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 am

BBC Sport

Winger Junior Hoilett has announced he has left Cardiff City after five years at the Championship club.

The 30-year-old Canada international confirmed his exit on social media.

JUNIOR HOILETT:

He stated it had "been a pleasure to call Cardiff my home for the past 5 years" as he praised fans and team-mates.

"It saddens me it has to come to an end, but it's nothing but LOVE on this side. Once a Bluebird always a Bluebird," added Hoilett.

He joined Cardiff on a free transfer in 2016 after leaving Queens Park Rangers having previously played in the Premier League for Blackburn Rovers.

Hoilett made 145 appearances for the Bluebirds, scoring 25 goals and helped them reach the Premier League for 2018-19, staying at Cardiff City Stadium after their relegation at the end of that campaign.

Re: " Cardiff City player leaves the club "

Sun May 09, 2021 11:22 am

Thanks for the memories JH.
Glad he enjoyed his time here.
I’d imagine that frees up quite a hefty wage off the bill.

Sun May 09, 2021 11:32 am

I'm sad but not surprised...

A greatvservant to our club and I wish him well on his life's journey...

Thank you and good luck, Junior :clap: :notworthy: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sun May 09, 2021 11:37 am

Sven wrote:I'm sad but not surprised...

Thank you and good luck, Junior :clap: :notworthy: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

A few more going soon, quite a few to be honest.

Sun May 09, 2021 11:54 am

There will most definitely be a few more out the door. Glatzel back to Germany will at least give MM some funds to start to strengthen the midfield.

We all know that’s where the money needs to be spent! I think Smithies might well be moved on as well.

Sun May 09, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks to junior for a brilliant contribution over the years
Will keep in memory bank that winning goal on a wet evening against wolves in the prem to win it 2 1
Sad to have not seen in the team this season good luck wherever you are.

Sun May 09, 2021 12:02 pm

All the best JH , some great memories :ayatollah:

Sun May 09, 2021 12:04 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

I'm not surprised, Karl :thumbup:

We'll all have our opinions on who we believe need to go but the signs are already there in who the manager has or has not selected in recent times and who haven't stepped up to the mark

Certainly going to be an interesting few days ahead of a busy summer at the CCS

Sun May 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Thanks for 5 good years Junior and many memories of great goals. Best of luck for the future.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun May 09, 2021 12:16 pm

Decent player at his best but not been particularly impressive for last 2 years

Good servant, best wishes for the future

Sun May 09, 2021 12:21 pm

I guess he will be on his way to boro good luck JH thanks for the memory and your service :occasion5: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Sun May 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Good luck in the future JH thanks for the memories :bluescarf:

Sun May 09, 2021 1:44 pm

One of Neil Warnocks best signings will always have good memories of him. Best of luck to him in the remainder of his career.

Sun May 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Thanks for memories Junior and good luck.

Sun May 09, 2021 3:06 pm

Did a good job for us and I’m sure will find a club soon enough.
Good that he’s showed abit of class by not grumbling and leaving in a positive way.
Best of luck fella

Sun May 09, 2021 3:09 pm

I think we all know where he will be playing next year!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:26 pm

Great servant but its the right time to let him go, we've had the best out of him and anyone could see that he had slowed down Last two years,great player in his prime with us

Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 pm

Been a great servant over the years, scored some absolute corkers too. Think in the current climate however this is the best decision for both sides.

Pob lwc JH :ayatollah:.

Sun May 09, 2021 3:39 pm

That goal against Wolves on the Friday night in the Premier League is my favourite memory of that season.

Sun May 09, 2021 3:49 pm

Thank you Junior. You gave us all some wonderful memories. We thank you for your contribution during this last five years.

Junior Hoilett

Sun May 09, 2021 4:47 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... wdPQe1xo6U

Has a offer from Middlesbrough.

Hoilett goodbye post

Sun May 09, 2021 7:50 pm

A goodbye post on Instagram from Junior Hoilett it seems.

Thanks for the memories JH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Thanks for the memories JH and good luck for the future. You'll always be a Bluebird.

Sun May 09, 2021 10:36 pm

Thank You JH - And Good Luck in the future :bluebird:

Sun May 09, 2021 11:28 pm

Great servant to the club, wish him all the best at the riverside or mls. :old: :bluebird:

Mon May 10, 2021 8:46 am

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

We'll all have our opinions on who we believe need to go but the signs are already there in who the manager has or has not selected in recent times and who haven't stepped up to the mark

and the revolving door takes another turn... of the 30 plus players NW used in our promotion season which ended only 3 years ago...only 5 remain.. Mozza , Ralls Tomlin, Sol and Joe Bennett... so Junior being here 5 seasons is pretty good in this day and age... good memories and good luck where ever he lands next...

Re: " One of Cardiff City’s main Stars leaves the club "

Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 am

Junior Hoilett With @Sol14Bamba, @jnrhoilett was Neil Warnock’s 1st signing at @CardiffCityFC & will always be fondly remembered by #Bluebirds fans. His work rate was faultless & he scored some memorable goals. Departure not unexpected with lack of recent game time, but a top professional.

Tue May 11, 2021 7:34 am

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

and the revolving door takes another turn... of the 30 plus players NW used in our promotion season which ended only 3 years ago...only 5 remain.. Mozza , Ralls Tomlin, Sol and Joe Bennett... so Junior being here 5 seasons is pretty good in this day and age... good memories and good luck where ever he lands next...

That’s an interesting statistic. :thumbup: A friend posted a video from that season on Facebook the other day and I commented on the fact many had departed. Didn’t know how many though.

I’m concerned Joe Bennett - a player I rate highly - could be gone as well due to finances. Hopefully he stays on a reduced wage.

Tue May 11, 2021 9:04 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

That’s an interesting statistic. :thumbup: A friend posted a video from that season on Facebook the other day and I commented on the fact many had departed. Didn’t know how many though.

I’m concerned Joe Bennett - a player I rate highly - could be gone as well due to finances. Hopefully he stays on a reduced wage.

i like Joe myself ... think it will come down to whats offered here , if he is offered .. and what his agent thinks he can get elsewhere...not a good time to be out of contract let alone out of contract and injured....the situ with Sol isnt straight forward either...

Re: " One of Cardiff City’s main Stars leaves the club "

Tue May 11, 2021 9:16 pm

Good player for the Club, wish him well for the future,