Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who will be promoted to the Championship?

You may select 1 option

View results

" Who will be promoted to the Championship? "

Sun May 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Hull City have won the League One title and Peterborough United will join them in the Championship next season.

Following the final day's results, the teams in the play-offs have now also been confirmed.

Below are the semi-final matches, the team named first in each tie will play the second leg at home, with the winner of each two-legged semi final meeting in the play-off final at Wembley Stadium on May 30th with a place in the Championship at stake.

Blackpool v Oxford United

Sunderland v Lincoln City

Re: " Who will be promoted to the Championship? "

Sun May 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Hopefully Oxford.

My second team. Actually saw them play about 6 times 2019/20 season. Some will say more than I watched Cardiff.

Good team play good stuff. Very much all or nothing though. Bit like us under DJ. Batter teams and go on runs of doing that then runs where they can’t score.

Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 pm

Very open to who goes up from this League - Good Luck to All 4 teams .

Mon May 10, 2021 5:29 pm

maccydee wrote:Hopefully Oxford.

My second team. Actually saw them play about 6 times 2019/20 season. Some will say more than I watched Cardiff.

Good team play good stuff. Very much all or nothing though. Bit like us under DJ. Batter teams and go on runs of doing that then runs where they can’t score.

Oxford is who i would like...based purely on havent been to their ground and its not to far... how big is the awy end ?

Mon May 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Sunderland for me. The rest are nobodies

:)

Mon May 10, 2021 6:47 pm

skidemin wrote:

Oxford is who i would like...based purely on havent been to their ground and its not to far... how big is the awy end ?

Newcastle had 3,000 for a cup game.

It’s a weird ground. One end totally empty. Ball goes out into the car park for the retail park.

Mon May 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Sunderland for me. The rest are nobodies

Nobodies. Piss off.

If Oxford get to the championship they are prime to be bought by a rich Arab.

Mon May 10, 2021 8:32 pm

genuinely massive club which is good enough reason to not want them coming up...

Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 pm

skidemin wrote:

genuinely massive club which is good enough reason to not want them coming up...

Exactly the reason I was glad Wycombe won the League One play-offs last season.

Mon May 10, 2021 8:55 pm

They seem to be hitting form at the right time. I thought they'd be up for automatic promotion this season after falling short in the play-offs last year. But they started the season very slowly.

Sunderland and Blackpool haven't been great recently and will be disappointed they didn't get top two.

Lincoln had fallen off the pace but seem to have picked up again recently.

Mon May 10, 2021 9:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

They seem to be hitting form at the right time. I thought they'd be up for automatic promotion this season after falling short in the play-offs last year. But they started the season very slowly.

Sunderland and Blackpool haven't been great recently and will be disappointed they didn't get top two.

Lincoln had fallen off the pace but seem to have picked up again recently.

Yep. Oxford didn’t expect it at all so it’s a bonus. They have had a lot of luck. Couple of games back 94th minute they were miles off and then two equalisers for teams v Portsmouth and Charlton changed everything.

They are proper feast or famine.

They either score a pile or go through runs when couldn’t hit a barn door. Bit like us under DJ. The football is similar.