" Relegated to the Championship "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 09, 2021 7:53 pm

West Bromwich Albion have been relegated from the Premier League and will play in the Championship next season, after a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal.

They join Sheffield United in being relegated.

Fulham will be the final team relegated if they lose to Burnley on Monday.

It is the first time Sam Allardyce has ever been relegated from the Premier League in his managerial career - which is remarkable, considering he often takes over teams when they are near the bottom of the league. Only his second relegation in his entire management career, having been relegated right at the start when he was managing in the lower leagues and manager of Notts County.

West Bromwich Albion and Fulham were both promoted last season. The other team who went up, and won last season's Championship title, were Leeds United and they currently sit 10th in the Premier League.

This is the fifth time that the Baggies have been relegated from the Premier League. The only team who have been relegated from that division as many times are Norwich City - also five times.

However, it has only ever taken West Brom up two years to return to the Premier League each time they've been relegated.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Relegated to the Championship "

Postby andy 189 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:57 am

I vividly remember last yr when we(leeds) won the championship and got promoted that the feeling was we.d be straight back down i think we proved them wrong its a hard life in the prem as you guys found out but I've enjoyed this seasons ride lets hope we(leeds) can build on it.keep safe lads
andy 189

Postby skidemin » Mon May 10, 2021 8:30 am

andy 189 wrote:I vividly remember last yr when we(leeds) won the championship and got promoted that the feeling was we.d be straight back down i think we proved them wrong its a hard life in the prem as you guys found out but I've enjoyed this seasons ride lets hope we(leeds) can build on it.keep safe lads

i dont think people realised how much you had spent and were about to spend....
skidemin

Postby andy 189 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:47 am

True neither did I tbh but bielsa gets what he wants to a degree on his behalf he only buys who he knows will fit or suit his style of high tempo football we'll see next season if it continues to work .
andy 189

Postby skidemin » Mon May 10, 2021 8:58 am

andy 189 wrote:True neither did I tbh but bielsa gets what he wants to a degree on his behalf he only buys who he knows will fit or suit his style of high tempo football we'll see next season if it continues to work .

its where the game is... championship teams going up spending relatively little but doing well in the prem are a thing of the past..
skidemin

Postby Bluesince72 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:59 am

andy 189 wrote:True neither did I tbh but bielsa gets what he wants to a degree on his behalf he only buys who he knows will fit or suit his style of high tempo football we'll see next season if it continues to work .

Never been my favourite club, and that's putting it mildly, but think Leeds have been a breath of fresh air this season, and have tuned in whenever you are live knowing I will get a good game to watch.
Bluesince72

Return to General Chat