“ Junior Hoilett to join New Club on a Free “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 10, 2021 11:52 am

Neil Warnock is keen to reunite once again with outgoing Cardiff City winger Junior Hoilett up at Middlesbrough, according to reports in the North East.

Cardiff City have released Junior Hoilett.

Monday 10th May 2021

The Bluebirds star on Sunday released a statement confirming his departure from the Welsh capital city club after five years at the club.

The Canada international was brought in by Warnock on a free transfer back in 2016 and proved to be a masterful signing, providing so many memorable moments in both helping Cardiff City to promotion and, indeed, while the club were in the Premier League.

He has been out of sorts this season, though, despite Neil Harris opting to play him most weeks, before he was cast aside following Mick McCarthy's arrival back in January, playing only one game under the manager.

However, the Northern Echo claim that Warnock wants to link up with the winger once again and hopes to open talks with the player over a move to Teesside.

Warnock first linked up with Hoilett while working as a first-team advisor, then as a caretaker coach, at QPR in 2015, before once again signing him for Cardiff a year later.

Hoilett, who will be 31 this summer, scored 25 goals and recorded 22 assists in 184 games for the Bluebirds.

On Sunday the player revealed he was saddened he had to leave the club, having initially opened contract talks when Neil Harris was at the helm at the beginning of this calendar year.

He wrote on Instagram: "It’s been a pleasure to call Cardiff my home for the past 5 years, I experienced some beautiful moments and created unforgettable memories throughout the years.

"Firstly I want to thank the fans for the fantastic support they show the team and I since day one it’s been unreal and unforgettable. Thanks to all the staff that helped me day in day out behind the scenes throughout the years it never goes unnoticed. To my teammates my brothers it’s been a joy working alongside each and everyone throughout the years, this game blesses us to meet and create friendships that will last a lifetime.

"It saddens me it has to come to an end but it’s nothing but LOVE on this side. Once a Bluebird always a Bluebird."

Warnock is likely to hold talks with Hoilett's camp before the end of the week.

The former Cardiff boss is set oversee quite the transformation up at Riverside this summer, with a big player turnover expected.

Boro are also thought to be considering offering a new deal to Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, whose contract is up this summer. He was axed by Cardiff City after it emerged he had taken cocaine the night before the Bluebirds' game with Bristol City last July.
Attachments
D67FDD2F-7ED8-40B1-934D-4065CFFAA1AC.jpeg
D67FDD2F-7ED8-40B1-934D-4065CFFAA1AC.jpeg (83.34 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Junior Hoilett to join New Club on a Free “

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon May 10, 2021 8:01 pm

Good luck to him, Warnock was ever going to be where he would end up with because of what both of them went through before Cardiff.

Both Hoilett and Bamba are loyal to Warnock and both waited for Neil to grab his next job which ended up with Cardiff, so yeah of course Hoilett will be joining another former bluebird in Mendez-Laing so he is confutable hands at Boro.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Tue May 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Good luck to him, Warnock was ever going to be where he would end up with because of what both of them went through before Cardiff.

Both Hoilett and Bamba are loyal to Warnock and both waited for Neil to grab his next job which ended up with Cardiff, so yeah of course Hoilett will be joining another former bluebird in Mendez-Laing so he is confutable hands at Boro.

Mendez-Laing is out of contract at Boro so depending on if they renew it depends on if Hoilet will be joining another former Bluebird :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby skidemin » Tue May 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Good luck to him, Warnock was ever going to be where he would end up with because of what both of them went through before Cardiff.

Mendez-Laing is out of contract at Boro so depending on if they renew it depends on if Hoilet will be joining another former Bluebird :thumbup:

ive read somewhere it looks as if NML will be offered a new contract.. not like he has been ripping up any trees there though ,just 1 start and a few subs appearances...
skidemin

Return to General Chat