Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Sam Alardyce '

Mon May 10, 2021 12:43 pm

ALLARDYCE TO BEGIN WBA FUTURE TALKS

Sam Alardyce will sit down with West Brom’s bosses on Wednesday to begin talks on whether he will continue as manager next season.

Albion’s players have been given two days off training, after relegation was confirmed yesterday with defeat to Arsenal.

There is a clause in Allardyce’s existing contract - which still has a year to run - which allows either part to walk away, now that West Brom are in the second tier.

It’s thought Allardyce is torn about whether he wants to commit to another season in the Championship, at the age of 66.

Albion are open minded about whether he should stay on - they’ve been impressed by his organisation and the team’s improved performances, but need to be convinced he is fully motivated for the challenges ahead.

Re: ' Sam Alardyce '

Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 pm

If they keep him WBA be good bet to go straight back up. :old:

Mon May 10, 2021 8:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:If they keep him WBA be good bet to go straight back up. :old:

Totally agree.

They'll have a very good chance of being right up there if he stays. I've got a lot of time for him.

Only issue might be is that Big Sam doesn't come cheap. He'll also probably demand that he can spend what he wants and have total control over transfers which some owners these days don't like.

But if I were them, I'd keep him whatever the cost. He won't want to go out on a relegation.

Mon May 10, 2021 9:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:If they keep him WBA be good bet to go straight back up. :old:

Totally agree.

They'll have a very good chance of being right up there if he stays. I've got a lot of time for him.

Only issue might be is that Big Sam doesn't come cheap. He'll also probably demand that he can spend what he wants and have total control over transfers which some owners these days don't like.

But if I were them, I'd keep him whatever the cost. He won't want to go out on a relegation.

Tbh if the relegated clubs Fulham now down keep majority of players and manager expect them to be in top 6 with top 2 possiblity ... doing this seems to be the model for success in championship something we failed to do twice.