Re: VIDEO: Ex Jack Oli Mcburnie arrested & in custody

Thu May 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Whilst I think Mcburnie is a complete bellend, I have no sympathy for the guy who was abusing him. If you give someone abuse in the street expect to get a response/slap. Seems to be this attitude these days that celebrities/sports people are open for abuse with no accountability.

That said, it would be quite funny to see him get a lengthy ban.

Did you not read the two videos were not linked with the same offence? :?

Yes, what about it? I havnt said they were the same incident :?

Not sure what youre getting at to be honest. Are you saying that the recent incident was completely unprovoked?

I'm saying that the recent incident in not proven as 'provoked' but the mixing of the two 'gives the impression, and that leads to false impressions

I know he's a bellend but I doubt he just randomly attacked someone in the street for no reason. Without seeing what happened before the incident, I'd imagine it went along the lines of 'the guy filming oli thought it would be funny to try get a response from him by giving him some shit to get a few likes on social media, oli responded and it escalated from there.

You say on another post (quote) "I'd be amazed if the lads weren't provoking Oli before the incident..." which clearly shows your assumptive remarks are simply your own opinion of a situation in which you were not involved

The fact is you don't 'know' what happened before and that, if at all, will be determined by the police investigation

And what is 'provocation' in itself?

A physical attack that warrants self-defence, or a bit of verbal goading that most would/should take with a pinch of salt and walk on...?

Either way, not for the first time, McBurnie has let himself and his (now) Championship club down badly and I am looking forward to the infamous 'Bluebird Welcome' he will get here next season, if he stays and/or plays

The majority of posts on this forum are just opinions and assumptions :? No one on here was there at the time or knows exactly what happened before the incident. Including you. Yet plenty of people have had their say. What I said was clearly my own opinion and I didn't say otherwise. There are only 2 scenarios in this situation. An unprovoked attack by oli or, oli reacting to some sort of abuse. I have assumed the latter as it seems more likely.

And I still stand by what I said in my original comment. There is no other reason why those lads were filming him other than just wanting to get a reaction. Which they got. At the end of the day oli is dick for reacting the way he did and the lads are dicks for goading someone in the street. Right or wrong by oli, those lads put themselves in that potential situation so can't really complain about the outcome. Unless it was a completely unprovoked attack where the lads just so happened to start filming before he attacked them, of course.

100% with you on this.

If more people reacted to provocation then perhaps there would be less provocation. Then maybe people would start being nicer to each other.

Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm

maccydee wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Whilst I think Mcburnie is a complete bellend, I have no sympathy for the guy who was abusing him. If you give someone abuse in the street expect to get a response/slap. Seems to be this attitude these days that celebrities/sports people are open for abuse with no accountability.

Not sure what youre getting at to be honest. Are you saying that the recent incident was completely unprovoked?

I'm saying that the recent incident in not proven as 'provoked' but the mixing of the two 'gives the impression, and that leads to false impressions

I know he's a bellend but I doubt he just randomly attacked someone in the street for no reason. Without seeing what happened before the incident, I'd imagine it went along the lines of 'the guy filming oli thought it would be funny to try get a response from him by giving him some shit to get a few likes on social media, oli responded and it escalated from there.

You say on another post (quote) "I'd be amazed if the lads weren't provoking Oli before the incident..." which clearly shows your assumptive remarks are simply your own opinion of a situation in which you were not involved

The fact is you don't 'know' what happened before and that, if at all, will be determined by the police investigation

A physical attack that warrants self-defence, or a bit of verbal goading that most would/should take with a pinch of salt and walk on...?

Either way, not for the first time, McBurnie has let himself and his (now) Championship club down badly and I am looking forward to the infamous 'Bluebird Welcome' he will get here next season, if he stays and/or plays

The majority of posts on this forum are just opinions and assumptions :? No one on here was there at the time or knows exactly what happened before the incident. Including you. Yet plenty of people have had their say. What I said was clearly my own opinion and I didn't say otherwise. There are only 2 scenarios in this situation. An unprovoked attack by oli or, oli reacting to some sort of abuse. I have assumed the latter as it seems more likely.

And I still stand by what I said in my original comment. There is no other reason why those lads were filming him other than just wanting to get a reaction. Which they got. At the end of the day oli is dick for reacting the way he did and the lads are dicks for goading someone in the street. Right or wrong by oli, those lads put themselves in that potential situation so can't really complain about the outcome. Unless it was a completely unprovoked attack where the lads just so happened to start filming before he attacked them, of course.

100% with you on this.

If more people reacted to provocation then perhaps there would be less provocation. Then maybe people would start being nicer to each other.

And have crimnal records to boot, thanks to the modern phenomenom of an aggressors right not to have it explained to them in the old fashioned way... :roll:

Thu May 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

100% with you on this.

And have crimnal records to boot, thanks to the modern phenomenom of an aggressors right not to have it explained to them in the old fashioned way... :roll:

Suppose it goes back to the theme of the thread.

What happened before the filming started.