Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nottingham Forest to spend big next season

Tue May 11, 2021 6:06 am

The Times:

Nottingham Forest are plotting a major rebuild after their underwhelming Championship campaign. Forest owners have promised manager Chris Hughton a big transfer budget this summer.

Re: Nottingham Forest to spend big next season

Tue May 11, 2021 8:25 am

It's needed for them to achieve anything.

Forest are one of the best supported clubs in the country with a great history. Their fans are quite demanding. A giant that need awakening.

Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 am

They kinda have to otherwise they will become the next Derby with hardly no quality in the team and struggling to make top half of the table.

Tue May 11, 2021 10:11 am

Is it a good idea to advertise, you have bucketloads of cash to buy players ?

Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:The Times:

Nottingham Forest are plotting a major rebuild after their underwhelming Championship campaign. Forest owners have promised manager Chris Hughton a big transfer budget this summer.

one of a number of mediocre at best clubs that over the years seem to have found investment time and time again....

Tue May 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Doesn’t matter how much you spend it doesn’t guarantee you promotion

Tue May 11, 2021 7:33 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Doesn’t matter how much you spend it doesn’t guarantee you promotion

Exactly.

Tue May 11, 2021 8:37 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Doesn’t matter how much you spend it doesn’t guarantee you promotion

no it doesnt but boy does it improve your chances....

Wed May 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Going on our (leeds) experience its the quality of the manager that counts the rest should follow 4 million it cost us to grab bielsa that was huge for a championship team so get the gaffa sorted and jobs a goodun WILL TEAMS GO DOWN THAT ROUTE I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT..

Wed May 12, 2021 1:21 pm

andy 189 wrote:Going on our (leeds) experience its the quality of the manager that counts the rest should follow 4 million it cost us to grab bielsa that was huge for a championship team so get the gaffa sorted and jobs a goodun WILL TEAMS GO DOWN THAT ROUTE I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT..

I agree, Wolves did the same, but also spent massive!

Hughton is a decent Championship Manager, nothing compared to Nuno or Beilsa, but knows the Championship they could be a threat.

Wed May 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Bluebina wrote:
andy 189 wrote:Going on our (leeds) experience its the quality of the manager that counts the rest should follow 4 million it cost us to grab bielsa that was huge for a championship team so get the gaffa sorted and jobs a goodun WILL TEAMS GO DOWN THAT ROUTE I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT..

I agree, Wolves did the same, but also spent massive!

Hughton is a decent Championship Manager, nothing compared to Nuno or Beilsa, but knows the Championship they could be a threat.

Some very good managers in championship next season but to some it will still be the weakest championship in years! :o