Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Max Watters? ‘

Thu May 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Definately think it’s time for new owners, but obviously now is the wrong time with everything going on. Tan has done some good for the club and some bad . I think we need an owner with more of a football interest and not just about money.

Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:Definately think it’s time for new owners, but obviously now is the wrong time with everything going on. Tan has done some good for the club and some bad . I think we need an owner with more of a football interest and not just about money.

Sounds good. Any ideas?

Fri May 14, 2021 9:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:We are talking about our opinions on Max Watters and the honest truth is I don’t think he is good enough and I get the feeling that Mick McCarthy feels the same way.

His background did now warrant all the publicity making out he was some prolific scorer, the facts are there.

He did hit a rich vein of form but that of course can be down to other factors... the team he is in and the amount of chances afforded to him etc. It was certainly a panic buy by Harris without thinking about how we could play him... I mean our system just wasn't set-up for 2 up front. A bizarre signing if you're not going to change the system.

Personally I would stick him out on loan for a few months to a league 1 team and see if he can reproduce his scoring there. Then we have options... bring him back or offload for a fee.

Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We are talking about our opinions on Max Watters and the honest truth is I don’t think he is good enough and I get the feeling that Mick McCarthy feels the same way.

His background did now warrant all the publicity making out he was some prolific scorer, the facts are there.

He did hit a rich vein of form but that of course can be down to other factors... the team he is in and the amount of chances afforded to him etc. It was certainly a panic buy by Harris without thinking about how we could play him... I mean our system just wasn't set-up for 2 up front. A bizarre signing if you're not going to change the system.

Personally I would stick him out on loan for a few months to a league 1 team and see if he can reproduce his scoring there. Then we have options... bring him back or offload for a fee.

Sounds like it was a committee signing, rather than Harris. But Harris did opt to play a 442 many times with Moore and M.Harris. So hardly a panic buy even if it was Harris

Fri May 14, 2021 12:51 pm

I think the fee was quoted as up to a million.

But the fee was actually £100k, rising to £200k. Maybe when you add in agent fees and a three and half year's worth of wages it would be a total cost of 'up to a million'. £200k is 'up to a million'.

Even City are not stupid enough to pay a million on a player like Watters........or are they?? Good job Warnock had gone as we would have rung up said how much to want for Watters? The'd reply £500k and Warnock would settle on £2m!!! A bit like Vassell.

I can see Watters being out on land for the next few seasons unless he develops really well.

Fri May 14, 2021 1:31 pm

valleymodeller wrote:I think the fee was quoted as up to a million.

But the fee was actually £100k, rising to £200k. Maybe when you add in agent fees and a three and half year's worth of wages it would be a total cost of 'up to a million'. £200k is 'up to a million'.

Even City are not stupid enough to pay a million on a player like Watters........or are they?? Good job Warnock had gone as we would have rung up said how much to want for Watters? The'd reply £500k and Warnock would settle on £2m!!! A bit like Vassell.

I can see Watters being out on land for the next few seasons unless he develops really well.

That last line lol. Watters out on land! Sorry, but couldnt help myself.

Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Mike Strinati wrote:Definately think it’s time for new owners, but obviously now is the wrong time with everything going on. Tan has done some good for the club and some bad . I think we need an owner with more of a football interest and not just about money.

Sounds good. Any ideas?

I find it funny, we go from discussing a player of ours, but it turns out its about the "committee"
Or the owner??
As if there are loads of prospective buyers who love football lining up to buy us.

Fri May 14, 2021 5:02 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Sounds good. Any ideas?

I find it funny, we go from discussing a player of ours, but it turns out its about the "committee"
Or the owner??
As if there are loads of prospective buyers who love football lining up to buy us.

Exactly Paul. :thumbup:

Sat May 15, 2021 1:54 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
valleymodeller wrote:I think the fee was quoted as up to a million.

That last line lol. Watters out on land! Sorry, but couldnt help myself.

I know, I CAN spell but obviously can't type!