MM I just don’t get it at all

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Brezza » Wed May 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Makes an early decision on Glatzel. Allows a great servant like Junior to go without any game time and Wattage given hardly any game time to show his worth. And yet giving Tomlin and Vassell a chance next year and Jonny. Old injury prone players. I just don’t get it unless they are only kept as we will not be getting any new players in. So disappointed
Brezza

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MM I just don’t get it at all

Postby Sven » Wed May 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Let's just wait and see how it pans out...

I understand the Vassell situation but the feedback on Tomlin is not what has been reported to be said by the manager in the last day or two

Time will tell (plus the official 'retained' list)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Junior out of contract. Probably saving a big wedge on his wage.

Glatzel the only one with any sort of resale value, although we won't get anywhere near the 5m spent!

Tomlin and Vassell not out of contract. Someone needs to want to buy them in order to get rid!

Williams probably the only questionable one. But he's probably on a much lower wage too!

Mostly sensible decisions. Let's wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions! Plenty of clubs in the same place as us and many more in a worse situation!
jimmy_rat

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed May 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Jesus Christ.

The transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

I know our fans like a good moan but this is far too early even by our standards.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 am

Brezza wrote:Makes an early decision on Glatzel. Allows a great servant like Junior to go without any game time and Wattage given hardly any game time to show his worth. And yet giving Tomlin and Vassell a chance next year and Jonny. Old injury prone players. I just don’t get it unless they are only kept as we will not be getting any new players in. So disappointed

I think it’s quite easy to understand.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby skidemin » Thu May 13, 2021 8:43 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Brezza wrote:Makes an early decision on Glatzel. Allows a great servant like Junior to go without any game time and Wattage given hardly any game time to show his worth. And yet giving Tomlin and Vassell a chance next year and Jonny. Old injury prone players. I just don’t get it unless they are only kept as we will not be getting any new players in. So disappointed

have to say i didnt get Junior not playing at all either...
skidemin

Postby JakeBluebird » Thu May 13, 2021 9:41 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Junior out of contract. Probably saving a big wedge on his wage.

Glatzel the only one with any sort of resale value, although we won't get anywhere near the 5m spent!

Tomlin and Vassell not out of contract. Someone needs to want to buy them in order to get rid!

Williams probably the only questionable one. But he's probably on a much lower wage too!

Mostly sensible decisions. Let's wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions! Plenty of clubs in the same place as us and many more in a worse situation!

I think that’s spot on mate.

Mick has been in the business long enough to know what’s right to do with certain players
JakeBluebird

Postby Logie » Thu May 13, 2021 9:57 am

If it was agreed that he was moving on, he might not of wanted to play in case of injury stopping him moving to a new club.
Logie

Postby skidemin » Thu May 13, 2021 10:18 am

Logie wrote:If it was agreed that he was moving on, he might not of wanted to play in case of injury stopping him moving to a new club.

what...not play him for 20 games ? and Mick had no issues playing the loanees who wont be here next season who no doubt would also prefer to not pick up injuries... i totally get the 2 parties not being able to agree on an extension... just puzzled why he had no game time..
skidemin

Postby JulesK » Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am

skidemin wrote:

With you 100% on this ( now there's a turn up for the books ) :thumbup:

Can anyone enlighten me on Murphy's contract as personally I would move him on IF there's any takers just to free up funds.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby skidemin » Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 am

JulesK wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me on Murphy's contract as personally I would move him on IF there's any takers just to free up funds.

he has a year left
skidemin

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am

He's like Warnock, knows a player knows what he wants from them and who he can trust, makes the big decisions and will have to live with them!

You need to be decisive and he's very experienced, lets judge him at Christmas!
Bluebina

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu May 13, 2021 12:06 pm

skidemin wrote:

Nor me. It’s puzzling for sure.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby JulesK » Thu May 13, 2021 2:45 pm

skidemin wrote:
JulesK wrote:
skidemin wrote:

he has a year left

Maybe Norwich will come in for him or maybe just maybe MM can get a tune out of him for more than the odd game.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby skidemin » Thu May 13, 2021 4:16 pm

JulesK wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JulesK wrote:
skidemin wrote:

he has a year left

Maybe Norwich will come in for him or maybe just maybe MM can get a tune out of him for more than the odd game.

i like Josh but as with all players if the manager is not going to use them or only use them now and again and there is value in selling, its best they go... Rangers seem interested in his brother maybe we could pass josh off as jacob ?
skidemin

Return to General Chat