Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: TANS BUSINESS HIT HARD / CCFC COST CUTTING

Thu May 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Apart from an ego trip, why would any self made billionaire/multimillionaire want to own a football club?

They've evidently mastered their way to the riches.

These people are supremely savvy and ruthless....and wealthy.

They will see the running of a club as a business. A business to make more money...and wealthier.

A business opportunity.

Every fan loves their club.

Billionaire owners...not so much.

Cost cutting

Thu May 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Its easy to say we need to cut costs and get big earners off the wage bill but..
Who is going to take them on and continue to pay them big bucks
Let's face it they are only in it for the money and will run their contract down and pick up a tidy wedge. Kenwyn Jones was a prime example..

Thu May 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

One issue will be that all current season tickets have been paid for and many (those who didn't sign up to City Player) will surely get theirs for free, so not much income to come in...?

Re: Cost cutting

Thu May 13, 2021 5:35 pm

If they are out of contract then they will have to listen to sense and work for less.

Re: Cost cutting

Thu May 13, 2021 6:11 pm

robbo wrote:Its easy to say we need to cut costs and get big earners off the wage bill but..
Who is going to take them on and continue to pay them big bucks
Let's face it they are only in it for the money and will run their contract down and pick up a tidy wedge. Kenwyn Jones was a prime example..

yep they sign contracts which both parties are tied to.

Thu May 13, 2021 6:42 pm

fred keenor wrote:So this equates to an announcement of a for sale sign on Kieffer Moore if true.
And probably a sign to JB they will not offer a better contract to him.

But we remain committed to achieving PL status :-)

What announcement!? Where?

Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 pm

nubbsy wrote:
fred keenor wrote:So this equates to an announcement of a for sale sign on Kieffer Moore if true.

It’s what I was thinking.

Some second rate journalist writes that - if an offer comes in excess of 15mill for Moore then City will find it hard to turn down.

That equates to an announcement of a sale sign ... do me a favour :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 13, 2021 7:34 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Some second rate journalist writes that - if an offer comes in excess of 15mill for Moore then City will find it hard to turn down.

That equates to an announcement of a sale sign ... do me a favour :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: ;) :lol: :lol:

Thu May 13, 2021 7:43 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

What? Cardiff fans on this mb talking shite about the intentions of Vincent Tan? Never.

Thu May 13, 2021 7:45 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

One issue will be that all current season tickets have been paid for and many (those who didn't sign up to City Player) will surely get theirs for free, so not much income to come in...?

Almost like being back in the Sam and Riddler days where money was spent before it arrived. Actually I’m not totally convinced Sam did that but Riddler definitely did.

Except this time everyone is in the same boat as it is due to a pandemic.

Thu May 13, 2021 9:15 pm

I think this is the way it’s going to be for a few clubs at our level. Many clubs at our level were struggling before covid and now will be under even more pressure to try and balance the books as much as possible. Unfortunately I believe keiffer will be sold. The problem with him is there are no players like him. Big, strong and great in the air while also able to beat players and play on the floor. I think he would have been even better this year with a full year under mick and a backup striker signed to give him a rest occasionally. If we sell him it needs to be a good fee. Smithies is another that can go, good keeper but big earner and Dillon Phillips here so can’t really afford to keep him. If we keep the core like morrison and big mick wheels and deals well we can certainly have enough for a playoff place.

Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 am

Very good reply by Nigel Blues and he is spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 14, 2021 7:37 am

My view is that Mr Tan, a ruthless businessman like all multi millionaires, has kept us afloat since he took the club on. We may not like him, but need him or someone else to keep the club operating at its current level.

The worst point about his reign is that we had 2 opportunities in the Premiership and blew both. The second Warnock season was very disappointing given that we failed to learn from the earlier promotion failure.

Mr Tan’s business has had a serious downturn like so many others. He can’t have forecast this Covid problem as even he doesn’t have a crystal ball. So many more people are struggling financially than were pre Covid- this is world wide.

Like/respect or not Mr Tan, my belief is that we should cut him some slack in today’s commercial environment and pray that he carries on or - best scenario- manages to sell to an even wealthier owner who is a genuine football fan. Until then, we should leave Mr Tan alone and thank him/ appreciate his money.

Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:My view is that

Like/respect or not Mr Tan, my belief is that we should cut him some slack in today’s commercial environment and pray that he carries on or - best scenario- manages to sell to an even wealthier owner who is a genuine football fan. Until then, we should leave Mr Tan alone and thank him/ appreciate his money.

That's just it. Those that lick his arse is because he is a money man. Take that away and everyone would be demanding he leaves us.

Some say he has been our best owner. We know why they say that and its because of his money. For me he has been the most disrespectful owner I believe any club could have had. He made a scare that will remain with us until the club dies. As for the money I would have preferred for us to die being what we are than live in someone else imagination.

Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 am

Superb post baskerdasker.i 100% agree with you.

Fri May 14, 2021 8:59 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

That's just it. Those that lick his arse is because he is a money man. Take that away and everyone would be demanding he leaves us.

Some say he has been our best owner. We know why they say that and its because of his money. For me he has been the most disrespectful owner I believe any club could have had. He made a scare that will remain with us until the club dies. As for the money I would have preferred for us to die being what we are than live in someone else imagination.

Take away the rebrand and he is by far our best owner.

Sam changed the badge.

Riddler had us in court every week and mortgaged away our future.

Lots of others simply didn’t care.

What do we need from an owner apart from being a money man??

Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Absolutely Spot on Ian :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:Very good reply by Nigel Blues and he is spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

He has transferred a lot of debt into equity.

The debt is to Tan or he is responsible for it.

Although the third party loan in the last published accounts is a bit strange.

We will see for sure next accounts.

Fri May 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

yes youd prefer the club to die but continued to go and pay.....just like the other arse lickers...

Fri May 14, 2021 2:45 pm

No way is tan the best owner .its whoever owned the club in the 20s and 50s our only periods of genuine and prolonged success tan took Cardiff red to the premier league on the back of a lot of resentment finished bottom.then the bluebirds same result finished bottom.

Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm

skiprat wrote:No way is tan the best owner .its whoever owned the club in the 20s and 50s our only periods of genuine and prolonged success tan took Cardiff red to the premier league on the back of a lot of resentment finished bottom.then the bluebirds same result finished bottom.

your probably correct about the 20s and 50s but most are judging it on their time as fans.... was shite for an awful long time .... and nobody if asked in the mid 90s would be sticking their nose up at the prospect of whats happened during the last 10 years....

Fri May 14, 2021 3:07 pm

skidemin wrote:
skiprat wrote:No way is tan the best owner .its whoever owned the club in the 20s and 50s our only periods of genuine and prolonged success tan took Cardiff red to the premier league on the back of a lot of resentment finished bottom.then the bluebirds same result finished bottom.
agree with you except for the two and half year shut down when we had the the embarrassment of Cardiff red. At least in the dark days of the 90s we had Cardiff City AFC the bluebirds even if they were shite.

your probably correct about the 20s and 50s but most are judging it on their time as fans.... was shite for an awful long time .... and nobody if asked in the mid 90s would be sticking their nose up at the prospect of whats happened during the last 10 years....

Fri May 14, 2021 3:16 pm

But it was vastly different then wasn’t it?

We finished bottom under Malky/ole but third from bottom under Warnock. Had a right good go.

Fri May 14, 2021 3:16 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

yes youd prefer the club to die but continued to go and pay.....just like the other arse lickers...

I continued to pay because I wanted to support the team. That is the unwritten rule of being a supporter. You support the team regardless.

No I do not prefer the club to die but if it was to then I would like to see it die being what it is and me supporting the team to the end.

Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I continued to pay because I wanted to support the team. That is the unwritten rule of being a supporter. You support the team regardless.

No I do not prefer the club to die but if it was to then I would like to see it die being what it is and me supporting the team to the end.

HE.. offered to not turn us red but also not invest the large amounts he had initially said he would...so the option wasnt really as dramatic as the club having to die or be red...
all we had to do to get the later option was protest at the ground , dont buy tickets or ask for refunds { a couple of dozen did } .. compare to whats happened recently over the SL and there is no comparison....

Fri May 14, 2021 5:48 pm

So the ones who followed Sam around like puppies dogs and getting ice creams bought for them are a different type of arse lickers to those who think Mr Tan has done a good job ?

One mistake which he was man enough to admit and change !!!

Sam even was going to change his mighty Celtic Warriors to green and get us to play in Ireland or was that another scam in the making.? A

Also going on about the club badge at present look what that clown Sam done to it :twisted:

Fri May 14, 2021 6:23 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

HE.. offered to not turn us red but also not invest the large amounts he had initially said he would...so the option wasnt really as dramatic as the club having to die or be red...
all we had to do to get the later option was protest at the ground , dont buy tickets or ask for refunds { a couple of dozen did } .. compare to whats happened recently over the SL and there is no comparison....

Yeah we sold out except for the like of Bluebirds Unite and one or two others. The Supporters club and the Trust sold out. i did not see them protesting.

I would have been quite happy to reject the investment.

Fri May 14, 2021 6:26 pm

JulesK wrote:So the ones who followed Sam around like puppies dogs and getting ice creams bought for them are a different type of arse lickers to those who think Mr Tan has done a good job ?

One mistake which he was man enough to admit and change !!!

Sam even was going to change his mighty Celtic Warriors to green and get us to play in Ireland or was that another scam in the making.? A

Also going on about the club badge at present look what that clown Sam done to it :twisted:

Sam U turned and never followed it through. Tan forced it through. It failed so he U turned. Eventually he admitted it was a mistake, He does not understand what it is to be part of a football club. He has never apologise for it.

Fri May 14, 2021 6:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Yeah we sold out except for the like of Bluebirds Unite and one or two others. The Supporters club and the Trust sold out. i did not see them protesting.

I would have been quite happy to reject the investment.

nobody really protested...lots of gum pumping on radio phone ins and rants on social media a few meetings that led to not much .. but no protests down the ground and as said not much interest in refunds for STs ...it wasnt liked but was accepted ... apparently VT was advised it would blow over...and as a foreign national with no idea of how unique football is in terms of tradition {like most foreign owners } why wouldnt he take that advice ? no fans with placards every day outside the CCS , and a busy ticket office..
i think Tan is an easy target for many that know they stood back and allowed it to happen...

yes WE { our fanbase } sold out ...but its so much easier to blame Tan....