Fri May 14, 2021 8:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:My view is that

Like/respect or not Mr Tan, my belief is that we should cut him some slack in today’s commercial environment and pray that he carries on or - best scenario- manages to sell to an even wealthier owner who is a genuine football fan. Until then, we should leave Mr Tan alone and thank him/ appreciate his money.

That's just it. Those that lick his arse is because he is a money man. Take that away and everyone would be demanding he leaves us.

Some say he has been our best owner. We know why they say that and its because of his money. For me he has been the most disrespectful owner I believe any club could have had. He made a scare that will remain with us until the club dies. As for the money I would have preferred for us to die being what we are than live in someone else imagination.

yes youd prefer the club to die but continued to go and pay.....just like the other arse lickers...

I continued to pay because I wanted to support the team. That is the unwritten rule of being a supporter. You support the team regardless.

No I do not prefer the club to die but if it was to then I would like to see it die being what it is and me supporting the team to the end.

HE.. offered to not turn us red but also not invest the large amounts he had initially said he would...so the option wasnt really as dramatic as the club having to die or be red...
all we had to do to get the later option was protest at the ground , dont buy tickets or ask for refunds { a couple of dozen did } .. compare to whats happened recently over the SL and there is no comparison....

Yeah we sold out except for the like of Bluebirds Unite and one or two others. The Supporters club and the Trust sold out. i did not see them protesting.

I would have been quite happy to reject the investment.

nobody really protested...lots of gum pumping on radio phone ins and rants on social media a few meetings that led to not much .. but no protests down the ground and as said not much interest in refunds for STs ...it wasnt liked but was accepted ... apparently VT was advised it would blow over...and as a foreign national with no idea of how unique football is in terms of tradition {like most foreign owners } why wouldnt he take that advice ? no fans with placards every day outside the CCS , and a busy ticket office..
i think Tan is an easy target for many that know they stood back and allowed it to happen...

yes WE { our fanbase } sold out ...but its so much easier to blame Tan....

Bluebirds unite came a year later and we all United together :thumbright: :bluebird:

But the first year we we virtually attacked by fans who were associated with the committee and really attacked our fans and that is another reason why I will never forgive . :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: BREAKING: TANS BUSINESS HIT HARD / CCFC COST CUTTING

Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Like/respect or not Mr Tan, my belief is that we should cut him some slack in today’s commercial environment and pray that he carries on or - best scenario- manages to sell to an even wealthier owner who is a genuine football fan. Until then, we should leave Mr Tan alone and thank him/ appreciate his money.

That's just it. Those that lick his arse is because he is a money man. Take that away and everyone would be demanding he leaves us.

Some say he has been our best owner. We know why they say that and its because of his money. For me he has been the most disrespectful owner I believe any club could have had. He made a scare that will remain with us until the club dies. As for the money I would have preferred for us to die being what we are than live in someone else imagination.

yes youd prefer the club to die but continued to go and pay.....just like the other arse lickers...

I continued to pay because I wanted to support the team. That is the unwritten rule of being a supporter. You support the team regardless.

No I do not prefer the club to die but if it was to then I would like to see it die being what it is and me supporting the team to the end.

HE.. offered to not turn us red but also not invest the large amounts he had initially said he would...so the option wasnt really as dramatic as the club having to die or be red...
all we had to do to get the later option was protest at the ground , dont buy tickets or ask for refunds { a couple of dozen did } .. compare to whats happened recently over the SL and there is no comparison....

Yeah we sold out except for the like of Bluebirds Unite and one or two others. The Supporters club and the Trust sold out. i did not see them protesting.

nobody really protested...lots of gum pumping on radio phone ins and rants on social media a few meetings that led to not much .. but no protests down the ground and as said not much interest in refunds for STs ...it wasnt liked but was accepted ... apparently VT was advised it would blow over...and as a foreign national with no idea of how unique football is in terms of tradition {like most foreign owners } why wouldnt he take that advice ? no fans with placards every day outside the CCS , and a busy ticket office..
i think Tan is an easy target for many that know they stood back and allowed it to happen...

100% accurate.

While we were spending it big in the championship and on promotion to the premier there was no protest. Those that stopped going and given in their season tickets had been replaced many times over. Sad but true.

The protests started when we started losing. Or loosing as many on here would write.

Then increased as results continued to be bad.

Sat May 15, 2021 7:43 am

The difference in opinions is why this board is so interesting- long may the diversity of views continue. If we agreed with each other, the board would be so boring rather than vibrant as it is now.

Hopefully we’ll be debating Tan and Sam for many years to come!

Sat May 15, 2021 9:53 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

100% accurate.

While we were spending it big in the championship and on promotion to the premier there was no protest. Those that stopped going and given in their season tickets had been replaced many times over. Sad but true.

The protests started when we started losing. Or loosing as many on here would write.

Neil were you there at the matches?

Neil,
Some of us protested from day one, over 30 meetings we had. And at every home and away game, we All wore BLUE and sang only BLUE songs. it started with 10 of us from match one, soon there was 400-500 yes it was small, but it grew and gew, SO YES SOME OF US DID PROTEST :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Not interested how others wore the despicable red.

I walked out the ground the night we got promoted and sat in the Ninian Park Pub.

We did demonstrate, but the Glory hunters totally outnumbered us.

Sat May 15, 2021 10:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

100% accurate.

Neil,
Some of us protested from day one, over 30 meetings we had. And at every home and away game, we All wore BLUE and sang only BLUE songs. it started with 10 of us from match one, soon there was 400-500 yes it was small, but it grew and gew, SO YES SOME OF US DID PROTEST :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I walked out the ground the night we got promoted and sat in the Ninian Park Pub.

Your last line is key Annis. Glory hunters out numbered you. That’s the sad truth. You were very vocal in your opposition. Not many were with you while we were buying expensive players and winning the championship. Even when in the premier league beating Man City people were not opposing.

I was living in Cyprus that year but went to a couple of games. It was soulless but then the stadium did that and the football on the pitch was turgid so I put it down to that. I have said that multiple times that following the FA Cup Final our type of fan changed and it wasn’t the same.

Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 pm

I walked away simply because there was no Cardiff city AFC the bluebirds to support only Cardiff red dragons.I returned when the bluebirds returned.

Sat May 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Times are hard at this moment :(

Sat May 15, 2021 11:07 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

100% accurate.

Neil,

Your last line is key Annis. Glory hunters out numbered you. That’s the sad truth. You were very vocal in your opposition. Not many were with you while we were buying expensive players and winning the championship. Even when in the premier league beating Man City people were not opposing.

I was living in Cyprus that year but went to a couple of games. It was soulless but then the stadium did that and the football on the pitch was turgid so I put it down to that. I have said that multiple times that following the FA Cup Final our type of fan changed and it wasn’t the same.

Hard to disahree with any of that; particularly that Annis maintained his opposition throughout but did not abandon his beloved club like some...

Like him, I will always believe the club is bigger than any individual and whilst most supporters remain, any 'owner' is only truly a custodian passing through...

Sat May 15, 2021 11:09 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Times are hard at this moment :(

Yoy're right, Tony; everywhere we look something is affected :cry: