Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Wilson - Any news?

Thu May 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Seen this on Twitter, anybody heard anything about it??

EA648541-CC70-46B2-AE5B-279760616832.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Harry Wilson - Any news

Fri May 14, 2021 5:53 am

We can but hope :bluescarf:

Fri May 14, 2021 9:15 am

Would love to see him back here but can't see it happening. I think Liverpool want to cash in on him this summer. If he does go out on loan I think it will be to a prem team. And Even if he does drop to the championship agsin, I think he'd prefer to go to a better passing side.

Wouldnt have expected him to join us this season though so one can hope!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am

Would love it to happen although I can't see it.

I know he mentioned that he regrets not playing in front of the fans - but that may just have been a sentimental social media comment

CARDIFF CONTACT LIVERPOOL OVER HARRY WILSON

Fri May 14, 2021 10:00 am

The bluebirds have had discussions with former Premier League champions Liverpool over the possibility of bringing the young welshman back on loan.

I would love nothing more than to have Harry back at the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cardi ... be-tricky/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF CONTACT LIVERPOOL OVER HARRY WILSON

Fri May 14, 2021 10:51 am

The source for the FLW article is Wales Online. It’s a complete non story pumped out to get clicks, “link former loan player with club” how original.

Re: Harry Wilson - Any news?

Fri May 14, 2021 11:10 am

id imagine whether he goes out on loan again will depend largely on if Liverpool have a decent offer for him or not...

quite pleased we have thrown our hat in the ring though...

Fri May 14, 2021 11:14 am

Doesn't his contract with Liverpool run out next year? If so LFC would need to offer him a new contract before a loan move or risk losing him for next to nothing next summer.

Fri May 14, 2021 11:14 am

Everything I’ve seen about us enquiring about resigning Wilson all cite WalesOnline as their source. In the article WalesOnline don’t claim any source or evidence for the report.

“Although the Bluebirds have asked Liverpool about the prospect of star No.10 Harry Wilson returning on loan again, the chances of Cardiff landing players of his quality again in this transfer window appear to be slim”

And the source is simply a line from a much longer article talking about us cutting the wage bill and doing things on the cheap next season. Until a better source than WalesOnline mentions it I’m regarding it as click bait.