Nigel Blues is Spot on

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nigel Blues is Spot on

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 14, 2021 5:26 am

Very good reply by Nigel Blues and he is spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Reply to this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222036
Attachments
F3D4B068-A2B1-41FC-9874-09C3F3D255BE.jpeg
F3D4B068-A2B1-41FC-9874-09C3F3D255BE.jpeg (405.05 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Nigel Blues is Spot on

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Nigel Blues is Spot on

Postby troobloo3339 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 am

No idea what point he is trying to make
Just another tan hating post
There is no queue of buyers out there ?

troobloo3339

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 am

troobloo3339 wrote:No idea what point he is trying to make

I agree it is a very poorly written post which seems to want to brush the pandemic under the carpet.

Without the pandemic I am sure the promise to be debt free this year would have been fulfilled. VT's businesses have been hit hard and that must have affected how much he has to further invest. I'm sure he is also pulling his hair out by having to pay the likes of Vassell and Tomlin thousands of pounds per week to sit on their arses for most of their contracts.

Nigel Blues is definitely not 'spot on' instead he has posted a one sided biased unbalanced opinion which seems to fit an anti-Tan agenda
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Fri May 14, 2021 11:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:Very good reply by Nigel Blues and he is spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

not really , back in early March 2020 ,just before the world was put on hold this happened....
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... n-17855451

its WOL but was reported across the media....

no doubt much of the money at that time ear marked for us { concentrate on the Bluebirds } has been diverted to where it was most needed across his businesses ... so we will never know.... but to just pretend covid and its financial impact had zero or little effect is just not right....
skidemin

Postby maccydee » Fri May 14, 2021 12:24 pm

Wait out for posts about Tan arse lickers.

I’d prefer to wait until the accounts come out rather than get my stuff from biased social media.

It is a fact that Vincent Tan transferred significant amounts of our debt to equity thus making the debt go down.
maccydee

Postby valleymodeller » Fri May 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Obviously the debt would have gone up significantly from March last year due to the pandemic. Every club is in the same position.

A report yesterday said Tan was putting in £2m a month, whilst his leisure businesses are badly suffering too.
valleymodeller

Postby WestCoastBlue » Fri May 14, 2021 1:16 pm

Is this written in code or something? Cause I can't crack it nor see what's spot on about it :?
WestCoastBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 14, 2021 3:19 pm

maccydee wrote:Wait out for posts about Tan arse lickers.

I’d prefer to wait until the accounts come out rather than get my stuff from biased social media.

It is a fact that Vincent Tan transferred significant amounts of our debt to equity thus making the debt go down.

Its also known fact that he cannot simply turn 100m into equity Malaysian law plus uk laws prevent this was explained long time ago hence a date was set to do it by but think a small pandemic as got in way .... think better wait until he eventually sells club to see if in debt rather that read biased crap .
pembroke allan

Postby Daibush » Fri May 14, 2021 3:37 pm

Had it not been for VT our club would have been toast years ago.
Daibush

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 14, 2021 7:59 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Is this written in code or something? Cause I can't crack it nor see what's spot on about it :?

No disrespect to Nigel or Annis who has reposted it but I agree, its badly written and makes no sense
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 14, 2021 8:04 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Is this written in code or something? Cause I can't crack it nor see what's spot on about it :?

No disrespect to Nigel or Annis who has reposted it but I agree, its badly written and makes no sense

I've just realised that its obviously a reply to somebody elses message on a social media page. Annis, we need to see the whole thing mate to get the context of it as what you have posted just looks like a badly written ramble by Nigel which to be fair having read his posts over the years I thought was a bit odd :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 14, 2021 8:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:No idea what point he is trying to make

I agree it is a very poorly written post which seems to want to brush the pandemic under the carpet.

Without the pandemic I am sure the promise to be debt free this year would have been fulfilled. VT's businesses have been hit hard and that must have affected how much he has to further invest. I'm sure he is also pulling his hair out by having to pay the likes of Vassell and Tomlin thousands of pounds per week to sit on their arses for most of their contracts.

Nigel Blues is definitely not 'spot on' instead he has posted a one sided biased unbalanced opinion which seems to fit an anti-Tan agenda

I think its a screenshot of a reply to a thread on facebook mate, obviously we cant see the whole thing to get a context of the whole conversations and that's why it looks so odd (I think).
RV Casual

Postby Blueman39 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 am

Not many clubs will be debt free post Covid ...many will be in severe straights.
Nows not the time to be having another pop at Tan ... but air for the financial figures and then see where we are.
People seem to focus on the negative too much at times.
Look at the owners at other clubs like Sheff Wednesday and some we’ve had in the past and then compare the current ownership who have taken us to the PL twice .
Blueman39

Postby RYANBLUE » Mon May 17, 2021 6:38 am

Tumbleweed.........

Ffs open your eyes look what’s happened this past year. The anti tan mini bus ready for a day out again I think

RYANBLUE

Postby maccydee » Mon May 17, 2021 7:13 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Tumbleweed.........

Ffs open your eyes look what’s happened this past year. The anti tan mini bus ready for a day out again I think

I think it was an anti Tan bike this time.

Not even the most anti Tan could make sense of or support whatever he was trying to say.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Nigel Harris reply fair play: :thumbright:

Hey Annis

I noticed this and comments on your site. Happy for you to share this on there in response.

Seems my Facebook comment posted on the site messageboard had some feedback.

Although maybe misunderstood, I could have been expressed it better (that'll teach me to post early morning! ha) and had a typo or two, my point remains fair enough in my view.

- Cardiff City will be like just about all other clubs in their transfer business/finance restrictions and impacts this summer regardless of financial health of owners.

- Vincent Tan's support is undoubted but he has indeed been pledging to make us debt free for years (including 2013 when he said it would be done within weeks) and then again in 2016 to supporters when he pledged it would be done by 2021. This is all long before the pandemic came along, that's a very recent event in this timeline. (Links below)

- The last available finance reports, 2019, showed debts circa £115m with £40m owed to Tan. This increased by £34m losses in our last promotion season and a further loss in the Premier League season despite a record £125m revenue. Latest financial results are awaited but the financial debt, I'd argue, is made worse than it could/should be by poor decisions.

And that's why I summarised it is tough currently, Tan's support is not in doubt but let's not overlook promises to make us debt free which have not been delivered.

Seems a fair enough observation.

Vincent Tan aims to make Cardiff City debt-free within next two months
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... p_AppShare

Pledge to be debt free by 2021
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... t-10875878
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Mon May 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Now you can say he is spot on.
maccydee

Postby Scoularite » Wed May 19, 2021 11:42 pm

I've followed City since the mid-sixties and the only time I've seen us in the top division has been while Vincent Tan has owned the club. He has obviously made mistakes, but has clearly done a lot better than any other owners we've had.
Scoularite

Return to General Chat