‘ UPDATED CCFC BID ACCEPTED ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby charlieduke » Fri May 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Updated: Saturday 15th May 2021

Mehmet Dalman was on Radio Wales this evening and said that Cardiff have had a bid accepted for a player. He did not provide any further details and said it was ongoing. He also said that the club are hoping to recruit a number of players. Joe Bennett had turned down the club’s initial new contract offer but Dalman said that due to Bennett’s injury the club owe a duty of care to him and talks are ongoing.
Attachments
0393A54E-CBD6-437E-BE8F-0D4ACE745DA9.jpeg
0393A54E-CBD6-437E-BE8F-0D4ACE745DA9.jpeg (71.27 KiB) Viewed 11687 times
charlieduke

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BID ACCEPTED

Postby Barclay1 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 pm

The new Vardy is it? Or a lower league bargain? Someone who is tearing up non league perhaps?

Dalman is painting a picture that we are building. If you say so, if you say so........

(Oh, by the way I hope he can play in every game, as we won't have any cover cos it's too expensive)
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby boyo1927 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Amazed that we have offered money for a player tbf. Windass possibly
boyo1927

Postby skidemin » Fri May 14, 2021 9:47 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Amazed that we have offered money for a player tbf. Windass possibly

made offers on 4 players...1 accepted...
skidemin

Postby Igovernor » Sat May 15, 2021 6:06 am

There is money available for players but MM is not going to tell everyman and his dog that there is, hence the line we have to sell before we can buy :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:47 am

Igovernor wrote:There is money available for players but MM is not going to tell everyman and his dog that there is, hence the line we have to sell before we can buy :thumbup:

Far too sensible a post Rog. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Igovernor » Sat May 15, 2021 7:57 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:There is money available for players but MM is not going to tell everyman and his dog that there is, hence the line we have to sell before we can buy :thumbup:

I do talk sense (Sometimes) :lol: :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 8:02 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I do talk sense (Sometimes) :lol: :thumbup:

I wish I could (Sometimes)

:D :laughing5: :thumbup: :laughing6:
Big Hill Blue

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sat May 15, 2021 8:45 am

I understand that all clubs are facing financial difficulty at this time. And as much as we have our rivalries with many clubs no-one wants them to go under losing all their history.

However, and maybe I am wrong, but I do feel that Cardiff, more than most clubs (not all), can really maximise this transfer window. Looking at the teams in the championship I believe (and maybe this is my own prejudices talking), with all clubs struggling, we can perhaps leverage other non financial benefits that we offer:

1) A decent and well respected manager that many players feel can help their development - he is not the dinosaur people make him out to be and is a players manager
2) MM is a very safe pair of hands - during these challenging times many players may not want to join a club with an unproven manager or situations where they may be docked points or ownership challenges (Derby!)- there is a lot to be said for security
3) We all know how great Cardiff and the surrounding areas are and most players who sign for us are always delighted at living in Cardiff and the area
4) Training facilities and stadium we some of the best facilities in the league and everyone loves the vale
5) Hopefully the fans will be allowed back in and we are some of the best in the league

Maybe I am looking through blue tinted spectacles but these things are significant when the current financial situation has levelled things up.
AfricanBluebird

Postby nojac » Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am

Blue tinted glasses maybe , but absolutely every word is true . I agree 100% .
nojac

Postby Igovernor » Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 am

Here you go very interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09hmy8h
Igovernor

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 15, 2021 10:16 am

Igovernor wrote:Here you go very interesting

Good interview that and a lot of positives considering the situation at the moment but there are a couple of negatives too but all in all I think Cardiff city will be ok financially, Tan is a very shrewd man and I think he’ll deliver in all aspects without being stupid.
I think the future looks bright fit us compared to most championships clubs.
Ponty Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Good interview that and a lot of positives considering the situation at the moment but there are a couple of negatives too but all in all I think Cardiff city will be ok financially, Tan is a very shrewd man and I think he’ll deliver in all aspects without being stupid.

I agree Sam. Particularly with your last sentence. There’s a few championship clubs’ shoes I wouldn’t like to be in :shock:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I agree Sam. Particularly with your last sentence. There’s a few championship clubs’ shoes I wouldn’t like to be in :shock:

I’d rather be Cardiff City (if I was a neutral) at this particular moment Andrew as I think we are better off than the majority of clubs in the championship :bluescarf:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Cardiff City offer accepted for transfer target as four players identified

Bluebirds chairman Mehmet Dalman has spoken about the upcoming summer transfer window

By Jon Doel

Saturday 15th May 2021

Cardiff City have identified a number of transfer targets and have had an offer accepted for one, chairman Mehmet Dalman has confirmed.

And the Bluebirds chief has insisted the club want to keep star striker Kieffer Moore, although he did admit "everything is for sale" if the price is right.

"We have identified three or four targets. A couple of offers have gone out - I believe as of this afternoon one was accepted - but we'll see what happens," Dalman told Radio Wales Sport.

"It's no secret - we need to bring more quality into the team.

"Harry Wilson was a great acquisition for us last season. In fact I would say that the window last season was one of our best with the quality of people we were able to bring in, albeit on loan, and we need to fill those positions.

"We have lost at least two key players who were on loan.

"We need a striker to support Kieffer up top, who's done a brilliant job for us; we still need a wide left, something creative in the middle - these are the minimums that we will have to consider."

As for Wales striker Moore, who scored 23 goals for the Bluebirds this season, the club have received no interest so far, although that could change, Dalman admitted.

Money remains tight at the Bluebirds, who will continue to keep costs down, but there is scope for new additions and holding on to the likes of Moore unless a huge offer is received.

"We have no intention of losing our key striker whatsoever," Dalman said.

"There's nothing to consider here. There have been no offers, there's been no interest.

"When it happens, if it happens, these are things we'll consider. Everything's for sale - it's just a matter of price.

"If anything we'd love him to commit to us and have another go next season."

The Bluebirds have seen loan trio Wilson, Sheyi Ojo and Jordi Osei-Tutu return to their parent clubs, while the likes of Junior Hoilett have also left. Cardiff are expected to publish their full retained list in the coming days.

Dalman added: "You cannot legislate for the future. All we know is we need to be a lot more prudent, cut our costs down to a level where we are not a burden on the principal, which is Vincent (Tan), and yet keep the core of the team in place for us to be able to compete for at least play-offs for next season; and add players into the squad which are well thought out, as we did in the last window."
Attachments
22AD1F5B-214E-41F3-A5D4-1CE884BD20FB.jpeg
22AD1F5B-214E-41F3-A5D4-1CE884BD20FB.jpeg (71.27 KiB) Viewed 11677 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ‘ UPDATED CCFC BID ACCEPTED ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Hmmm interesting we will hear then with in a week or so.

Let’s hope they and the media don’t make up stupid high figures which are untrue like they have been fixing in the last 2 seasons.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hmmm interesting we will hear then with in a week or so.

Let’s hope they and the media don’t make up stupid high figures which are untrue like they have been fixing in the last 2 seasons.

I dont see what the club would hope to achieve by putting out inflated prices, other than fan appeasement? As it sends the wrong message to other clubs imho, that we are paying big sums, for untested players? Not saying the club hasnt done this, just dont see the real benefits in doing so.
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

I dont see what the club would hope to achieve by putting out inflated prices, other than fan appeasement? As it sends the wrong message to other clubs imho, that we are paying big sums, for untested players? Not saying the club hasnt done this, just dont see the real benefits in doing so.

Well between them and Glen Williams this happened on numerous occasions last season and I believe it was done to make out they had spent quite big to please fans.

The figures were so exaggerated it was beyond.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Sat May 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Well between them and Glen Williams this happened on numerous occasions last season and I believe it was done to make out they had spent quite big to please fans.

Annis, we both know certain media personnel are toeing the club line... ;) :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

As I said in my post Annis,not saying they havent, just seems a bit daft to me. As clubs will think we will pay silly money for untested players.
As I said,it must be for fan appeasement, but makes them look silly when the real figure gets put out!!
What are the other occasions out of interest?
bluesince62

Postby spikeferndale » Sat May 15, 2021 9:27 pm

Why would Dalman say that we have had a bid accepted for a player and then not say who it is?
Good post African Bluebird.
The vibes for next season are not good.
I hope I am wrong.
spikeferndale

Postby Igovernor » Sat May 15, 2021 10:14 pm

spikeferndale wrote:Why would Dalman say that we have had a bid accepted for a player and then not say who it is?
I hope I am wrong.

Because he also said it is ongoing the players club have accepted a bid but the player still has to agree terms, also if he wants to come here.
Why would we alert other clubs that we have had a bid accepted, do you want other clubs who might think they like this player and now that a bid has been accepted gazump us :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby Sven » Sat May 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Igovernor wrote:
spikeferndale wrote:Why would Dalman say that we have had a bid accepted for a player and then not say who it is?
I hope I am wrong.

Because he also said it is ongoing the players club have accepted a bid but the player still has to agree terms, also if he wants to come here.
Why would we alert other clubs that we have had a bid accepted, do you want other clubs who might think they like this player and now that a bid has been accepted gazump us :banghead:

Rog, you're far too sensible sometimes...! :lol:

Some people seem not to have learned the current 'Committee' give little away and any deal ain't a deal 'til the ink is dry... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
I hope I am wrong.

Some people seem not to have learned the current 'Committee' give little away and any deal ain't a deal 'til the ink is dry... ;)

My thoughts exactly.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Igovernor » Sun May 16, 2021 8:25 am

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
I hope I am wrong.

The thing is Chris I do have a sensible hat but sometimes I forget to put it on :lol: :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby JulesK » Sun May 16, 2021 10:12 am

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
I hope I am wrong.

Which Chris is exactly how it should be !!
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun May 16, 2021 11:06 am

I just hope there's some nice early business. Get any new signings ready to kick off preseason and settled in to the squad early.
jimmy_rat

Postby Danny Says » Sun May 16, 2021 4:08 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I just hope there's some nice early business. Get any new signings ready to kick off preseason and settled in to the squad early.

In an ideal world yes..... :roll:
Danny Says

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 pm

Bid Accepted - Nearly 3 days later - No Name Club .... Keeping Some interested ;)
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat