Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KEIFFER ON 6K A WEEK ?

Sat May 15, 2021 8:52 am

https://www.footballfancast.com/cardiff ... ampionship

Re: KEIFFER ON 6K A WEEK ?

Sat May 15, 2021 9:37 am

The link within that article says it was £6k a week at Wigan... I’d imagine it’s way more than that with us.

Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 am

missed that :thumbup:

Sat May 15, 2021 11:01 am

Take some wages from Tomlin and Vassell who've done nothing to earn them and give them to Kieffer.

If only.

Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 pm

davids wrote:Take some wages from Tomlin and Vassell who've done nothing to earn them and give them to Kieffer.

If only.

:thumbup:

Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am

I could live well on £6k per week and save plenty for later life during a 15 year career!

Sun May 16, 2021 9:17 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:I could live well on £6k per week and save plenty for later life during a 15 year career!

Absolutely. As belts are tightening everywhere, then the ridiculously inflated footballers wages will fall into line.

There's sure to be many,many players released and looking for new clubs...for less pay

Sun May 16, 2021 9:54 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:I could live well on £6k per week and save plenty for later life during a 15 year career!

Absolutely. As belts are tightening everywhere, then the ridiculously inflated footballers wages will fall into line.

There's sure to be many,many players released and looking for new clubs...for less pay

Agree. Agents fees will hopefully be cut too. Not before time imo.

Sun May 16, 2021 10:52 am

I can't remember if this is correct but I think I read that he's on about 20k a week with us

Sun May 16, 2021 1:15 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:I can't remember if this is correct but I think I read that he's on about 20k a week with us

I don't know the ins and outs but I suspect the figure of £20k is a lot closer to the truth.

That said, I don't think any fan would bemoan (bar one or two obvious suspects) paying Kieffer £20k when he delivers goals, runs himself on empty but just keeps turning up.

Maybe one or two other experienced, high earning, players at our club could take a leaf out of Kieffer's book! :bluebird:

Sun May 16, 2021 4:31 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:I can't remember if this is correct but I think I read that he's on about 20k a week with us

I don't know the ins and outs but I suspect the figure of £20k is a lot closer to the truth.

That said, I don't think any fan would bemoan (bar one or two obvious suspects) paying Kieffer £20k when he delivers goals, runs himself on empty but just keeps turning up.

Maybe one or two other experienced, high earning, players at our club could take a leaf out of Kieffer's book! :bluebird:

Great value at less than a grand a goal!!

Sun May 16, 2021 4:36 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Great value at less than a grand a goal!!

Too right he's great value. Trouble is he's put himself in the shop window.

Statement of intent needed from the club.

We are serious contenders for promotion next season and determined to stay in the top flight...starting with a clear "hands off" message.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards

Sun May 16, 2021 10:27 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Mon May 17, 2021 6:56 am

My understanding is that he’s on just £12k a week.

He should be on double that so time to shift some of the dead wood (e.g. Murphy and Tomlin) and pay a player a decent wage for performing week in week out, otherwise another club will.

Mon May 17, 2021 7:07 am

piledriver64 wrote:My understanding is that he’s on just £12k a week.

He should be on double that so time to shift some of the dead wood (e.g. Murphy and Tomlin) and pay a player a decent wage for performing week in week out, otherwise another club will.

I wish that I was on just £12k a week.
Out of interest, is anyone on this board willing to state they currently earn (or have ever earned) this amount of money per week?

Mon May 17, 2021 11:44 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:

I wish that I was on just £12k a week.
Out of interest, is anyone on this board willing to state they currently earn (or have ever earned) this amount of money per week?

I'm not trying to justify player wages !

Although I would say a true comparison would be to compare Keifer's wages with any other Championship forwards that have scored 20 goals in recent seasons. I think you'll find most will be £20k+.

The simple fact is if we don't pay it somebody else will. Then we'll have everyone piling in saying the Board have no ambition. We might not like the wage levels we see but it ain't going to change anytime soon.

Mon May 17, 2021 11:18 pm

Spot On .