Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman Interview '

Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am

Here you go very interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09hmy8h
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Mehmet Dalman Interview '

Sat May 15, 2021 10:13 am

Mehmet Dalman said "We need a striker to support Kieffer Moore."

For me that says Max Watters they believe is not good enough.

"Striker Kieffer Moore is a key part of next season, there is nothing to consider about selling him, we have had no offers or interest."

"If we do they offer then we have to consider, everything is for sale, its a matter of price."

“You have to experienced managers in the Championship like Warnock and McCarthy.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 15, 2021 10:17 am

Mehmet Dalman:

"Its been very difficult due to the pandemic, we got a loan from EFL, its quite depressing out there." if it continues then i fear the worse even for us."

Sat May 15, 2021 10:18 am

Igovernor wrote:Here you go very interesting

Roger , Very good interview enjoyed listening :thumbright: :thumbright:

The Premier League, I agree care nothing about us or any clubs below it.

Every time i see Dalman I always say to him , you should of been an MP :lol: :thumbright:

Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 am

Dalman praises Neil Warnock :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: 'Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman Interview '

Sat May 15, 2021 10:46 am

I'm sorry, but I can never believe a word he says.

Sat May 15, 2021 11:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Every time i see Dalman I always say to him , you should of been an MP :lol: :thumbright:

He's definitely politician material, Annis... :laughing6:

A good interview and some good reading there, a lot of it unsurprising (tight finances) but some which seems to fly in the face of a certain media report from yesterday, i.e. Keiffer Moore would take an exceptional bid to prise him away

We desperately need to build our team for next season with Moore in it but with sufficient 'back up' to allow for injuries and/or fatigue

Let's be honest here, those who have been released haven't really been shocked or surprised most of us and we knew the three loanees were on their way regardless

The 'retained' list should be out shortly and I don't see too many shocks in there either, as we look to trim the wage bill after the pandemic and ahead of our first season without a Premier League Parachute Payment

Keep the spine of the side (only three IMHO) intact and shake up those around them and there is no reason we cannot push/compete for the top 6 again. In fact, that's the minimum we should expect

For me, the spine of the side should be...

Either one of the keepers (probably Dillon Phillips on cost grounds)
Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

Of the others, apart from the likes of Perry NG, Sang and a couple of other young guns, I don't think there is anyone I'd be 'desperate' to keep, as I feel the squad needs freshening up; particularly in the midfield

Bringing back Harry Wilson (highly unlikely but we can but try) would be a massive boost, as would the potential re-signing (on loan) of Arsenal's Tutu

Beyond that, I actually see some 'smart' signings from Mick McCarthy and I feel we will start the new season in better shape than last... :thumbright:

Sat May 15, 2021 11:04 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm sorry, but I can never believe a word he says.

Ned,

I never either, he is like an MP.

Sat May 15, 2021 11:06 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A good interview and some good reading there, a lot of it unsurprising (tight finances) but some which seems to fly in the face of a certain media report from yesterday, i.e. Keiffer Moore would take an exceptional bid to prise him away

We desperately need to build our team for next season with Moore in it but with sufficient 'back up' to allow for injuries and/or fatigue

Let's be honest here, those who have been released haven't really been shocked or surprised most of us and we knew the three loanees were on their way regardless

The 'retained' list should be out shortly and I don't see too many shocks in there either, as we look to trim the wage bill after the pandemic and ahead of our first season without a Premier League Parachute Payment

Keep the spine of the side (only three IMHO) intact and shake up those around them and there is no reason we cannot push/compete for the top 6 again. In fact, that's the minimum we should expect

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

Of the others, apart from the likes of Perry NG, Sang and a couple of other young guns, I don't think there is anyone I'd be 'desperate' to keep, as I feel the squad needs freshening up; particularly in the midfield

Bringing back Harry Wilson (highly unlikely but we can but try) would be a massive boost, as would the potential re-signing (on loan) of Arsenal's Tutu

Beyond that, I actually see some 'smart' signings from Mick McCarthy and I feel we will start the new season in better shape than last... :thumbright:

Chris,

Def. Politician :lol:

But I actually did enjoy the interview and it’s going to be very very interesting few months ahead :bluebird:

Sat May 15, 2021 11:11 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

the retained list these days can have no real surprises ....as the club are obliged to keep under contract players {wishing to sell them is a different issue } , which then leaves decisions on the 5 or 6 senior players out of contract which we know and probably a few of the under 23s.

Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

the retained list these days can have no real surprises ....as the club are obliged to keep under contract players {wishing to sell them is a different issue } , which then leaves decisions on the 5 or 6 senior players out of contract which we know and probably a few of the under 23s.

Annis didn't he say 4 out of contract players going and talks with Bennet and Bamba are ongoing ?

Sat May 15, 2021 11:52 am

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

Annis didn't he say 4 out of contract players going and talks with Bennet and Bamba are ongoing ?

Junior has already gone... the others out of contract are Day, Williams, Sol , Bennet ... and Brown who we have a years option on..

Sat May 15, 2021 11:59 am

Very interesting, Think Bennett's agent had somewhere lined up for him before the injury but there's going to be a lot of players willing to take lower wages so clubs will hopefully gain upper hand in negotiations as some of this money being thrown around is crazy.

Sat May 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

Roger,

Yes he did say on going talks with both :thumbright:

Also said virtually everything was for sale at the club and the club at a price.

Sat May 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

Roger,

Also said virtually everything was for sale at the club and the club at a price.

Tbf I can’t remember a time when that wasn’t the case. The key is not to sell too cheaply.

Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Reply Twitter:

Sat May 15, 2021 4:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sean Morrison (Captain)
Keiffer Moore

Roger,

Tbf I can’t remember a time when that wasn’t the case. The key is not to sell too cheaply.

And most of my 50 years following Cardiff except for the first 5yrs of Sam’s 7 yr reign.

Sat May 15, 2021 9:38 pm

Annis,
The vibes coming out of the club are not good.
I fear the worst for next season, I hope I am wrong.
Mid table if we are lucky.
On the other hand the pubs in Canton will be full and we will be in the top six.
I don't know but people don't half post some shit on here but to be fair everybody's got an opinion.
All the Best
Spike

Sat May 15, 2021 11:02 pm

spikeferndale wrote:Annis,
On the other hand the pubs in Canton will be full and we will be in the top six.
I don't know but people don't half post some shit on here but to be fair everybody's got an opinion.
All the Best
Spike

Early days yet, fella; not the time to be defeatist... :thumbup:

Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 am

All the Best
Spike

Good to hear from you old timer :thumbright: :bluebird:

I am hoping Big Mick will be able to put together a strong team including some of our new youngsters, some of our best and some good loans.

The coming weeks will be interesting.

Take care Spike :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun May 16, 2021 8:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
All the Best
Spike

I am hoping Big Mick will be able to put together a strong team including some of our new youngsters, some of our best and some good loans.

We are getting mixed message. One minute we are reading about cut backs, next minute we have had a bid accepted for a striker.

Only this summer will reveal the answers.

Sun May 16, 2021 12:44 pm

My brother has just done a house clearance for Joe Bennett he is moving to Surrey

Sun May 16, 2021 1:12 pm

65Blue wrote:My brother has just done a house clearance for Joe Bennett he is moving to Surrey

Sshhh...he might not have told his missus.

:bluebird:

Sun May 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
65Blue wrote:My brother has just done a house clearance for Joe Bennett he is moving to Surrey

My mate did that. Left his 'potching' phone out by accident, his missus answered it to an estate agent, who was confirming completion on the new house...

New house? What new house? Are you sure you have the right person?

Yes this is Mr #### number?

Yes...

Are you Ms ####, the co-buyer?

No, I'm MRS ####, tell me more...!

Oh...uhm....uhm.

Strangely, they are no longer together... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm

Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:

My mate did that. Left his 'potching' phone out by accident, his missus answered it to an estate agent, who was confirming completion on the new house...

Yes...

Oh...uhm....uhm.

:clap: :lol:

Mon May 17, 2021 11:44 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:

Yes...

Oh...uhm....uhm.

:clap: :lol:

It's true; and manybon here from one of the valleys will know him well; although he isn't a Bluebird supporter :lol:

Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
All the Best
Spike

We are getting mixed message. One minute we are reading about cut backs, next minute we have had a bid accepted for a striker.

Only this summer will reveal the answers.

It seems to me that the striker is on a free and the bid that has been accepted is for a player under contract :thumbup: