Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lutons James Collins / Cardiff City?

Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 am

Daily Mirror:

Luton Town striker James Collins is wanted by Middlesbrough, Cardiff City and Bristol City on a free transfer.

Re: Lutons James Collins / Cardiff City?

Sun May 16, 2021 9:29 am

As backup for Moore - maybe. As our main striker - never. A squad player only and should be offered no more than £5k per week.

Sun May 16, 2021 10:16 am

Would prefer patterson back

Sun May 16, 2021 1:24 pm

fred keenor wrote:Would prefer patterson back

Noooooo anything but that! Reports say warnock is after him as well so maybe there ... :old:

Sun May 16, 2021 2:41 pm

fred keenor wrote:Would prefer patterson back

:thumbup:

Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm

He is a decent lower division scorer but doesn't really hack it at this level.We don't really need this sort of squad filler type of player paticularly if they are blocking the place of a youngster coming through.

Sun May 16, 2021 4:10 pm

A journeyman striker really.....c’mon City we can do a lot better than that

Sun May 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Just checked his record and he has scored more goals in the championship than I thought for Luton 24 over the last two seasons. Not bad for a struggling side. He would only be a number two to Moore but maybe is a bit better than I thought.

Sun May 16, 2021 5:57 pm

Crayfish wrote:Just checked his record and he has scored more goals in the championship than I thought for Luton 24 over the last two seasons. Not bad for a struggling side. He would only be a number two to Moore but maybe is a bit better than I thought.

I might be in the minority but I would take him on a free. Would suit our style and would be decent back up for Moore. Looks like Boro will get him though.

Sun May 16, 2021 7:12 pm

Would be a decent signing as back-up to Moore, but not as a replacement for him.

Sun May 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Prefer we try sign someone younger. But On a free would be good cover/rotation for Moore and probably isn't on a big wage. Goal scoring record isn't too shabby either. Wouldnt mind if this happens-as long as its not a replacement for Moore!

Mon May 17, 2021 10:26 am

A few people seem to be frustrated with us going after a "Journeyman" or an "Older player" but I have just read up on some of his stats from the past few seasons ;

"In the 2018–19 season Collins was named the League One Player of the Year at the EFL Awards as he helped Luton to back-to-back promotions after scoring 25 goals as they moved up to the Championship.

Collins scored his first second-tier goal of his career against Middlesbrough on the opening night of the 2019–20 season. He went on to score 14 goals in total in the Championship, becoming Luton’s top scorer for the second season running.

2020/2021 Collins scored 13 goals in all competitions."

It seems as though he's capable. On a free transfer as well :bluescarf:

Mon May 17, 2021 12:16 pm

He cant be the player we have asked to buy. If he is on a FREE . There would be no need to offer money for him to his club as he would be out of contract.

Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:He cant be the player we have asked to buy. If he is on a FREE . There would be no need to offer money for him to his club as he would be out of contract.

i think we have enquired or are interested in more than just one player...

Mon May 17, 2021 12:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:He cant be the player we have asked to buy. If he is on a FREE . There would be no need to offer money for him to his club as he would be out of contract.

We are interested in at least 4/5 players!

Mon May 17, 2021 2:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

We are interested in at least 4/5 players!

probably quite a few more than that as every deal that gets done many fall by the wayside for a multitude of reasons....