Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fire sale

Sun May 16, 2021 11:35 am

I’d be happy to sell anyone at this club. I’m resigned to the loss of Keef the beef and I’d like to see Morrison stay as he’s a leader (not a great footballer but a good representation of our club)

Play Harris, Colwill, Bagan, Sang, Watters the whole season. Nayembe & Davies getting a look in too.

If we survive the champ next season doing this we’d be so much better for it. Norwich style. Southampton style. The time has come. Good luck MM!

Re: Fire sale

Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 am

The fact that most of them players were on the end regular drubbings in the younger age categories would make me terrified what would happen if they were all playing in our first team, need experience with 1 or 2 youth players around not put them all in the deep end and expect them to swim, Birmingham played a few against us last game of the season and look what happened

Sun May 16, 2021 12:01 pm

To be fair I'm happy with the direction we're heading in. Which isn't too similar from what you say.

Cheaper players from lower league (like Ng) or relegated clubs (like Moore). Also, Integrate youth throughout the season, not too much at once!

I agree to keep the leaders and also everyone has a price. Sell if there's a profit. Like Brentford seem to do.

Sun May 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Who are you? Vincent Tan??

You are also resigned to and clearly happy to return to the bad bad old days.

Playing kids who are all part of an appalling failure of a season in their respected age group? Harris, who has had more chances to break Into the team than most?

The fact that Tan is getting rid of experienced players, and giving new contracts to the kids speaks volumes.

If we had players somewhere within our ranks that were cheaper to play than the poor quality of kids the club is hoodwinking us into believing will be our future and help us next year, we would play them and the so called wonder kids would also be released.

I can't see how people can't see beyond the smokescreen. We are putting out the cheapest team we can, and then closing our eyes, turning our backs putting our fingers in our ears and keeping our fingers crossed.

Sun May 16, 2021 12:32 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Who are you? Vincent Tan??

Playing kids who are all part of an appalling failure of a season in their respected age group? Harris, who has had more chances to break Into the team than most?

The fact that Tan is getting rid of experienced players, and giving new contracts to the kids speaks volumes.

If we had players somewhere within our ranks that were cheaper to play than the poor quality of kids the club is hoodwinking us into believing will be our future and help us next year, we would play them and the so called wonder kids would also be released.

I can't see how people can't see beyond the smokescreen. We are putting out the cheapest team we can, and then closing our eyes, turning our backs putting our fingers in our ears and keeping our fingers crossed.

People don't see behond a smoke screen because its not there? and they do not have your total negativity towards ccfc but prefer to half a cup half full rather than your empty one... :?

Sun May 16, 2021 12:49 pm

I agree I have a negativity, but please don't think it is towards CCFC, it is towards those who run the club plain and simple.

Sun May 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I agree I have a negativity, but please don't think it is towards CCFC, it is towards those who run the club plain and simple.

I understand you scepticism about the hyachy but not sure how can distinguish between the two? But at least were safe in the knowledge that most clubs in championship are in same situation as we are ...... for what it's worth think we will miss out unless club manages to pick up couple really good freebies to supplement the youngsters we plan to use? Next season's championship will be dominated by relegated clubs like this season because lessons are being learnt that better to keep team and manager to have best chance to go straight back up. :old:

Sun May 16, 2021 1:31 pm

kav_8 wrote:I’d be happy to sell anyone at this club. I’m resigned to the loss of Keef the beef and I’d like to see Morrison stay as he’s a leader (not a great footballer but a good representation of our club)

Play Harris, Colwill, Bagan, Sang, Watters the whole season. Nayembe & Davies getting a look in too.

If we survive the champ next season doing this we’d be so much better for it. Norwich style. Southampton style. The time has come. Good luck MM!

That side would struggle in League One let alone the Championship

Sun May 16, 2021 4:27 pm

The way upu talk is as if those respective players(u23's?) Didnt win a game! Yes they had a coiple of hidings, but gave a few out too, its a "development " side, nobody is,or as far as im aware, has said to play ALL of them,but a couple at a time.
Wha rg is this "smokescreen" you speak of? Is it because, as most teams,we have to cut our cloth accordingly? These are unprecedented times, and many clubs are sailing a little close to the wind imho, I'm glad we aren't one of them tbf.some clubs will be struggling big time,we should thank our lucky stars we are ok.
Lets see what pre season and ins as nd outs are, before condemning us to the "bad,bad days"(which for some, were the "good old days").

Sun May 16, 2021 6:08 pm

The u23s finished 3rd in their league. Hardly an appalling failure, particularly as their better players were included in the first team squad throughout the season.

The club have been pretty open with how things have gone/going. Weve been told not a lot of money will be spent, books will be balanced and youth will be given more of a chance. We made the playoffs last season and if it wasn't for Harris's disastrous campaign we should have done the same this season. What smoke and mirrors are you on about exactly?

Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

The way upu talk is as if those respective players(u23's?) Didnt win a game! Yes they had a coiple of hidings, but gave a few out too, its a "development " side, nobody is,or as far as im aware, has said to play ALL of them,but a couple at a time.
Wha rg is this "smokescreen" you speak of? Is it because, as most teams,we have to cut our cloth accordingly? These are unprecedented times, and many clubs are sailing a little close to the wind imho, I'm glad we aren't one of them tbf.some clubs will be struggling big time,we should thank our lucky stars we are ok.
Lets see what pre season and ins as nd outs are, before condemning us to the "bad,bad days"(which for some, were the "good old days").

Agree with this

Mon May 17, 2021 10:40 am

i think your reading far too much into some things..... the under 23s were not great but not terrible either .. won 10 lost 13...
and yes some young men in that squad have been awarded new or extended contracts but that happens every year and is on the club website every year....

Mon May 17, 2021 7:29 pm

skidemin wrote:

i think your reading far too much into some things..... the under 23s were not great but not terrible either .. won 10 lost 13...
and yes some young men in that squad have been awarded new or extended contracts but that happens every year and is on the club website every year....

Also, the average age was around 19/20 I believe, so some young players getting some decent exposure to higher levels of football.funny how these facts get smoothed over.

Tue May 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Aw. Damn. Totally misunderstood OP title.

Currently looking for a new log burner...

;)

Tue May 18, 2021 12:29 pm

kav_8 wrote:I’d be happy to sell anyone at this club. I’m resigned to the loss of Keef the beef and I’d like to see Morrison stay as he’s a leader (not a great footballer but a good representation of our club)

No 'Fire Sale' it appears; just a balancing of the budgrt and with several players on Premier League-ish wages, I think most woukd ahree with that approach going forward

Young, hungry players with a sprinkling of experience is a successful path well trodden... :thumbright: